It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face on Mars discovered.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by ButterCookie
But yes, that is exactly what I thought when I 1st saw the picture (if its real) that this is a glimpse of the race that resembles Buddhists.
It's real, but low resolution.

Just in case you didn't see it on page 4, this is what it looks like at a higher resolution.

hmmm this disproves what I just said in my previous post... TBH it still looks like a head to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yea, unfortunately, it looks easily caused by nature. I mean, you never know, but still. It could be art. Let's hope it is, anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thelobp

Dude. You're looking at it wrong. Pay attention to the shadows. It's a crater. Check it out on Google Earth. It's an indent in the surface.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

I agree. It is too good to be a naturally made monument. I think some type of civilization has made this face on mars. I dont know who or what made it but i believe it was man/ET made.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
These faces on mars are tombs for other alien civilizations. Wake up you idiots.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The zoomed out image shows that it is not a face.
If I got one hundred people to look at one cloud, most of them would see what they want in the cloud

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Seriously?.
I am all for the idea of aliens living on mars in the past, but thats just stupid.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Maybe martians like Curly the same way the french love Jerry Lewis. That's just a little acknowledgment that they love the 3 Stooges.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
If you are interested in seeing reputable pictures of what is on Mars, you should look here
This guy links every single picture and details exactly how he has manipulated them to see what he sees.

The site is amazing.

Thanks for the link, haven't encountered that before. A few hours reading tonight already and no doubt more tomorrow, good stuff.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Where is your proof? and why do you think it is a tomb for alien civilizations?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A higher resolution image showing this to be a depression/crater has been posted on every page now for the last four pages. Here it is again:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8b42793f9f7.png[/atsimg]

If one suspects that image of being digitally altered in some way, then why could the original "face" image not have been digitally altered just as easily (if not more so given its lower resolution)? As has been pointed out by ArMap, people fail visual recognition tests for detecting whether an image has been altered or not all the time. And any argument that the high res image has been altered applies just as readily to the low res image.

My point being: people can't have it both ways. Either they both could be photoshopped (in which case the original image must be thrust into doubt along with the higher res one, i.e. we cannot assume it to be an intelligently designed face,) or - although this makes no sense given that there's always at least the possibility - neither could have been photoshopped (in which case the higher res image is 100% bonafide and proves that this is a natural formation.)

In either case, this is not proof of a "face" on Mars.
edit on 4/25/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There's no way that's a natural formation! There is way too much detail. The chances that a face that precise formed naturally has to be astronomical!

That doesn't mean it couldn't have been photo shopped tho!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just saw the higher res pic. Looks nothing like the one from the OP's link. Looks nothing like a face! lol

Still an interesting formation tho!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection
There's no way that's a natural formation!
Why? What are nature's limitations that it cannot make something like this? After all, you are saying that it looks like another natural feature, right?

There is way too much detail. The chances that a face that precise formed naturally has to be astronomical!
No, there isn't, and that's the problem. When we see something that looks like a face, like
, we mentally create the detail.

Put a real photo of a face close to that image and make a point by point comparison and you will see.

That doesn't mean it couldn't have been photo shopped tho!
I found three or four different photos from that area, and all show the same feature, from the lowest to the highest resolution. Why would anyone alter all those photos from different missions and decades?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
PhantomFire77 just lost face in a recent post... maybe it's his?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Reflection

One of the reasons it looks different is the difference in the Sun's position at the time the photos were taken, the shadows are not the same in both photos.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

It looks somewhat different because of the position of the sun but It still looks like a face in both of the pictures. I just wonder why this monument or structure was made. I also wonder who built this structure.

Could it be that MJ12 went to Mars and created these faces on the surface of Mars? Is there a race on Mars that created these faces that we have seen? I don't know but I would like to find out.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Do we have a scale for the formation. If it is the size of a stadium you wouldn't notice wear and tear the same as if it was the size of a car. If it was car sized the ears might wear off over 10000 years but not if the ears themselves are as big as cars.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Lol I think we found out the base of where the Annunaki are on MARS!. The Greys allowed them to establish a base there and disguise it as this; the humans would never expect, the most obvious place.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Yep...I stated this earlier and explained how some of them had martian bases.....The reason why the statues look like us all the time is because our god /creator race were humanoid.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join