It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Scientific Breakthrough! Higgs Boson Particle Discovery Said to Have Leaked at the LHC!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
"The controversial rumor is apparently based on a leaked internal note from physicists at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), a 17-mile-long particle accelerator near Geneva, Switzerland, reports Live Science."

"The leaked note suggests that the LHC's ATLAS particle-detection experiment may have picked up a signature of the elusive Higgs."

The signal is consistent, in mass and other characteristics , with what the Higgs is expected to produce, according to the note."

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

"A commenter on the previous posting has helpfully given us the abstract of an internal ATLAS note claiming observation of a resonance at 115 GeV. It’s the sort of thing you would expect to see if there were a Higgs at that mass, but the number of events seen is about 30 times more than the standard model would predict. Best guess seems to be that this is either a hoax, or something that will disappear on further analysis. But, since spreading well-sourced rumors is more or less in the mission statement of this blog, I think I’ll promote this to its own posting. Here it is:"

Original Source:
www.math.columbia.edu...

On pins & needles waiting for valid confirmation!

Certainly will have the scientific heads in a whirlwind...
- SS

edit on 23-4-2011 by SeraphSirius because: Title was to long

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeraphSirius

And what's your particular take or twist on this news? you know since that's what you're supposed to include in a thread, especially when there are others on the very same topic.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm not trying to dispel the importance of this claim, but really, what does this mean to me? Again, I'm just asking because I really don't know. Will this lead to cheaper energy, improved manufacturing, better cars, or what? I don't know enough about this Higgs Boson particle to understand a practical application.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tippys Dad

It would support the fundamental framework for 'String Theory' Or 'Mother Theory' & give researchers a leap start into the inner dynamics of the general field of quantum mechanical entanglement as well as boosting practical aplicable operendi for real world experiments & future working prototypes in computing & relativity based tools...

As well as telling us more about the Big bang & Supersymmetry... - SS

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Existing two page thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tippys Dad

In short: yes, all of that. The more we understand about the fundamental particles and their behavior, the closer we get to awesome Star Trek stuff like transporters and sexy green aliens. I'm pretty sure it's right there in the Hadron spec -- must produce one SGA event per cycle.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
You know,a couple months ago i recieved an email from a supposed scientest at cern. He said there had been an accident and something had been let out accidently and something terrible was going to happen to the earth. He said me and a select few others had been chosen to go to some island in the south pacific to ride it out,said it was going to get bad.figured it was spam and deleted it. Hope i was right. Thats kinda spooky!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join