It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hello to ET (92 days and counting)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

Hello Gazmeister,

OMG! I've been found out! whatever am I going to do NOW? My live is ruined! Saaaay, wait just a minute here. Is this one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" nets? You know- blast it if it's called a prediction, blast it if it not called a prediction?

edit on 21-6-2011 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by hiflier because: (Spelling)

edit on 21-6-2011 by hiflier because: Spelling

edit on 21-6-2011 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hello All,

Since this project is only 5 days out or so and there is so much mistrust of YouTube and other digital media has the thought of using film cameras or film video crossed anyone's mind? For myself unretouched film media seemed to be more conclusive in the older sightings.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiflier
Hello All,

Since this project is only 5 days out or so and there is so much mistrust of YouTube and other digital media has the thought of using film cameras or film video crossed anyone's mind? For myself unretouched film media seemed to be more conclusive in the older sightings.

I admire your dedication, I would have forgot about this by now if I started a 92 day count down. I ask them to come every night so im sure i'll be with you i inadvertently.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

interesting factoid - the verrry last shuttle mission is scheduled to return to earth that day. the 20th.. the 13th day of it's mission. www.netius.org...

aaand the anniversarry of the moon landing?

soooomethin's up hehe....
or isit?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

interesting factoid - the verrry last shuttle mission is scheduled to return to earth that day. the 20th.. the 13th day of it's mission. www.netius.org...

aaand the anniversarry of the moon landing?

soooomethin's up hehe....
or isit?

dude, you totally just reminded me about this guys dream! read it. hmmm, maybe something will happen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

...I have been available for members' questions concerning this on about 20 Forums. It's has rolled into a rather large interest.

Hello Hiflier... Have been curious about your above quote, a version of which you've referred to several times already here at ATS.

I would be very interested indeed in reading and learning about some of the reactions and commentary made by posters of these other 19-or-so Forums of which you speak. Is there any way to do that?

Along the same lines, once this event has come and gone, regardless of the outcome, I for one would also be very interested in reading about participant (and naysayer) reactions post-zerohour as well. It is unfortunate that those of us who support your premise and experiment and plan to participate in some form will be unable to share reaction and feedback with others so like-minded. Sad, really. You allude to potentially "millions" of participants - yet there have been only a dozen or so that have responded here on ATS - hardly a representative sampling of potentially 'millions'. How can we share a commonality with these others?

Anyway - thanks for the reminders and for hanging in there. I know it has been rough going along the way on occasion.

p.s. Just a reminder to be sure and double-your local time zone conversion for 5:20GMT Wednesday. I'll be on the West coast of the US at that time, which means I have about 48 hours to go and will be "looking up" on TUESDAY NIGHT at 10:20PM. I'll have the scope out and checking the moon and stars anyway - might as well hang out the 'ole "Welcome" sign in my mind as well...

Good luck, all...

edit on 7/18/2011 by Outrageo because: T-minus 48 hours 9 minutes

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

And why not post your explanation in the beginning? Would have saved a lot of guessing...err wait...guessing games = more attention?

Maybe that's not what you're going for, but that's what it looks like.

Good luck though, I hope your wish comes true.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Hello All,

This is it! A once-in-a-lifetime moment for a lot of folks including me.

In a very short time the Event designed to allow the UFO Community to join together Worldwide and, as one people- in the same instant- extend the invitation to ET to present themselves will be here.

If you have read the Notice at the beginning of this thread then you will understand that this is not a prediction by any definition. It is an "asking" based on the belief that, should ET exist, then (according to many reports) mental telepathy is the principal method ET uses when communicating with Humans.

The reference for 5:20am GMT on July 20th, 2011 is this:
wwp.greenwichmeantime.com...

Call up the above website to see how many hours are left until the start of the project according to Greenwich Mean Time. Transfer that amount to your own clock to see what time it will actually be in your Time Zone. Or just use the GMT website's clock instead then there will be no doubt in the timing for anyone who wishes to join in.

This will mark the end of a 5-month-long lead in to the effort to create a Global format which allows the believing public and others to collectively give ET permission to present themselves. Along the way there have been reminders issued and in many discussion threads everything from excitement to warnings have been voiced. There are many that think this would be providing an opportunity for ET to inflict World harm, even though history has shown that this appears to not be the case.

Nonetheless, there exists apprehension within the UFO community; and for some it is quite apparent, especially among those claiming abduction experiences. It is therefore one of the stronger reasons to raise public awareness and, if ET exists and shows up, may result in the fact that safety for anyone at risk in the future lies in World knowledge of any ET reality.

In fact, the very existence of ET at all is part (if not all) of the reason for this Effort. For those that say ET certainly DOES exist, the inevitability of Contact should be reason enough not to put off a meeting now that may happen sometime in our future anyway. So logically one could argue that delaying the inevitable makes little sense.

Depending on the outcome of 7/20 one of two avenues of discussion will remain: 1) If They show up then the "Why are they here" question can be asked. And 2) If they don't show up: then either they don't exist, OR, the question of why they didn't show can be asked. Of course that answer would still be in the area of speculation, but all dialogue will end up being refined toward a subsequently narrower road of thought- assuming that to be what everyone participating would like to achieve through this exercise. Either way it turns out one could view it as a success!

Once again, this exercise is voluntary and anyone may take part or not take part for one's own reasons. It is a very personal and private matter for each person involving an important decision in the quest for Truth. Much can be learned regarding the pursuit of an answer to the ET question. This may only be the start of gaining ground on the issue after so many years of mystery. At the individual level there is little else to do perhaps but to join the Community as a whole and give it a try.

I extend a sincere 'Thank You' to Forum members for their input and support, the Administrators for their patience, and all Moderators for their understanding and focus and for putting their members' concerns and interest foremost. Good Luck to ALL, especially those who have chosen to be active participants in this Endeavor!

Regards, onlychild,
and hiflier.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is really exciting. It would be so great to see a UFO.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by hiflier

How are you able to believe something like this? This is an honest question. Can you please give us information concerning your educational background, family upbringing and current social/economic status?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by hiflier

How are you able to believe something like this? This is an honest question. Can you please give us information concerning your educational background, family upbringing and current social/economic status?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Reply to post by hiflier

How is one "able to believe" anything? The question is unanswerable. It may be "honest" (whatever THAT means), but it is like asking someone "How" they can believe in God, or Love, or ESP.

IMHO, questions about the OPs educational background, family, and social/economic status are all irrelevant. What possible difference could ANY of that make and what does it have to do with this exercise?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hello MainLineThis,

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Reply to post by hiflier

Hmm. "Give us"? Or give you?

WRT your question being honest? Yes, I think that it is. But it would help me to clarify if you could be a little more specific than just ".......something like this?". I mean do I think some sightings qualify as UFOs? Yes I do. Do I think UFOs are piloted by ET? No, I do not. But then this Event is not FOR me. Nor did I write it. Nor was it my idea. I agreed to post it and manage it as a favor to a friend on my home Forum. And basically it was agreed that I should be the one because I do not bring some ET agenda or doctrine to murk it up. I hope this helps. The only thing I believe about this Endeavor is that it might help folks put any fear of ET into a realistic perspective and maybe ground their fear to gain some hard facts.

edit on 18-7-2011 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm glad to see this thread back. It's exciting to think about when it does happen, we can say we saw it here first. Hopefully all will be well.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This idea is great and I´m taking part
. It´s good to actively ask something, not just passively wait or worse, fear it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
12 MINUTES !
edit on 20-7-2011 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiflier
12 MINUTES !
edit on 20-7-2011 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

Actually you have to realize that it is 12:00 in some places already.. Also, is this an all day kind of thing? I'm up to participate

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well????

SO... I was out on the deck with my trusty ETX125 scoping things and calling to our sky-pals verbally, subconsciously, with hand gestures, facial expressions, telepathy and everything else I can think of.

Result: better than expected, but nothing Earth-shattering. One cool thing was that even though I can typically spot quite a few satellites cruising by, this seemed to be a VERY busy night with seemingly every look through the scope showing something crossing my field of view. The coolest was watching a satellite(?) cross directly through Saturn as I was scoping it - that's never happened before.

A couple of meteors, a few flashy-thingies (not sure where those came from), and your typical assortment of planes and birds and such.

No odd UFO maneuverings, little green guys knocking at my door, or even subliminal messages (that I could detect anyway) so not sure if this little experiment of hiflier and his buddies was effective or not. Maybe it's a cumulative thing?

In any case, am curious what the rest of the participants may have experienced, if anything.

Hey hiflier: Can you at least post a synopsis/summary of reactions/results before you hit the dusty trail? That would be great - just curious what others may have found out... Any answers to our collective call-out to ET?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, so far, I haven't seen anything but it's only 11:00 am here. I have been really busy all morning and haven't really watched the news or been on here. So who knows what the day will bring. Of course that can be said about every day I suppose.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hello All,

ET did not show up. This was not a big surprise to most of us. Across the Forums, other than an occasional meteor and a couple of isolated unknowns, the skies were quiet and, other than celestial bodies, virtually empty. But this first step had an extremely important message attached which has been stated many times. That being the fact that a believer, any believer, will begin to realize many things personally, and collectively, as a result of this exercise.

I'm figuring first off that the "Why Are They Here?" question is out for the time being. So does this mean that ET's no-show means nonexistence?
That could be a close call for some believers IMHO. Why ET didn't show I feel should take center stage for the time being. There will be conjecture of course but the subject would be indicative of getting the dialogue pared down into a size that one can get their mind around.

Focusing on why Aliens did not display themselves as opposed to they don't exist should garner the best minds in the genre to dig deeper because of the new slant on this enigma. Different doors may open and there may even be room for science. The important thing is to keep going and not let up. Most of you know by now that gathering like minds together to take action is something that has already be done and is part of your UFO history now. It's something to build on not to rest on.

1) The invasion, enslavement, destruction, and many more of the concerns and fears of ET within the UFO community did NOT happen. And "Be careful what you wish for" no longer applies. It never did apply actually but did serve as a barometer in registering how high the level of fear was for some of the community. A phrase like that can also generate fear where there once was none.

2) Anyone who was fearful WRT ET before the Event can now rest in the fact that an unknown, while eliciting a natural apprehension, need not stall anyone's efforts in pursuing a goal. Projecting a future outcome without facts is normal but to have a "what if" rule one's life and decisions in making progress, based on imagination driven by fear, makes little sense and left unchecked can freeze an individual into doing nothing. The Forum memberships demonstrate this rather obviously.

It cannot be allowed to control a strive for Truth and the manipulation of that fear by others should never be tolerated and, in fact, such ancient and archaic practices should be rooted out and exposed in order that a community can free itself to get active in order to acquire good solid knowledge to use for future endeavors.

3) Taking action as an individual WORKS and don't ever allow anyone to tell you different! If someone shows up that has a sensible, and most importantly logical and harmless, approach in pursuit of a truth most are aligned with then at least hear the idea out before criticism. I hope my efforts have helped in this area.

4) Victory over fear to me would be the ultimate goal in this project and is a good healthy, basic reason to continue to in getting the real ET or no ET answer. It's OK to refuse to take "no" for an answer. From ANY SOURCE. Be persistent and have a good logical, down-to-Earth argument as to why someone should provide that answer.

To address whether or not 7/20 was a success? I say from the courage I noted across the Forums, and the last minute responses even from members I had never seen during the previous five months, as well as the many,many familiar ones, that this project, for what it was, was a tremendous sucess. No ET but a LOT of Humans joining and being interested and actually getting involved and actively participating at all hours of the day and night! How amazing is that? And from Forums no less- who knew? YOU do now and I will say what I've always thought from the beginning....The day was huge!

I cannot express in words what all of you have meant to this undertaking and to me. My tin hat is off to all of you and occasionally I will be stopping in with a post now and then. In the meantime you people have the ball and, from what I've truly seen, the will, and now the mechanism, to accomplish great things in arriving at the Truth of this strange and long-lasting mystery. I'll be around for the remainder of this week to take any medicine anyone wishes to dish out and then take a respite from a constant nearly half-year project that is now over.

I respectfully and sincerely give all of you the best in any future endeavors and may your answers come to you quickly and with undeniability!

Regards, hiflier.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join