It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists worried: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

I think article puts it into perspective.

news.discovery.com...

If either case is true, we'll have to go back and re-write those textbooks.

If, in the tiny slice of time during which we have been monitoring isotopic decay rates, our standard for dating how old things are, we are observing that these decay rates are not constants, then that throws our understanding of time completely off.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

It is believed that neutrinos from the sun may actually be effecting things on earth. It has long been believed that neutrinos had little to no effect and simply passed through everything. This finding seems to imply that these neutrinos may have a previously undetected effect on things after all...causing the speed of radioactive decay to increase.

If it isn't neutrinos then it is an unknown particle which brings up another set of problems.

Hope that helps.

Kev

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

yes so now could the earth be 4.5 billion years old and man kind 2.2 billion? how are we to know now that there is a source of matter decaying one thought not to be known. for think of this carbon 14 puts item x at 10,000 years how old is it? 100,000 1,000,000 or 1,000,000,000. so if item x is said to come from 75,000,000 years would that not be 75,000,000,000 ? oh what a marvelous time we live in

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

what if this mutating ray from the sun is the cure for cancer? would that not be something.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Seriously, stop listening to the liars, and their set ups. Its not the way they present it, though the sun may be doing strange things, do not be alarmed by the sun. Be alarmed by the truth.

Japan Tsunami Fukushima Nuclear Disaster 2/2- Leuren Moret - PDX 9/11 Truth

HAARP and nuclear go hand in hand and everything is carefully planned. The Stux Net virus in Fukushima. Odd how Israel did an upgrade to their security and computer systems a month before it happened and especially odd, the details of what went down.

Very good information. I am taking this down in a transcript that will take days for pdf form, this must go out grass roots world wide, and we have to win, the people have to win.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I remember listening to one of those "interesting people" who was going on about how the earth and universe was not even remotely close to what the current understanding is...they were stating matter of factly it was trillions of years old

it was laughable

I am no longer laughing as hard...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

think of this what once was, shall be, the here and now is yet to come, the tomorrow of today was yesterday, yesterday is but today.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

what is time to the earth, the universe? for a blink of an eye to it is as a century to us.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

what a wake up call for some, and for some not like you and i but the ones that say not so, well they will left in there own darkness.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

well what if this new mutating ray is a time stopping ray where as to say time ,DNA aging stops, and then reverses say that i am 46 but my DNA says i am 17, 10 or 8.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
isn't this along the lines of what the tinfoil people said it would happen?

a change in the sun's frequency output would result and changes and mutation of dna?

it does not terrify me at all, as far as im concerned we are already mutants with a narcisistic nature.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It doesn't terrify me because there isn't anything I can do about it and we all will be going through it together. I do worry about cancer and illness though. This year has been a horrible one for colds, flu and strange sinus infections for my family, neighbors, and all the random people here on the Internet. It's hard to appreciate interesting changes in the world when you are

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

well it could have been a mouse, or a rock one day it is x years old next is is not so old then the next younger still.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Another example of a scientific mystery turned into an impending earth crisis to further the agenda of some doomsday or conspiracy group.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
This got me thinking.....
If it is cyclic, or has at least happened before,
perhaps it could explain some the evolutionary leaps we observe in evidence? Moments when mutations happened rather suddenly, on a large scale?

Would this also possibly explain all the "diseases" that the human species seems to be inflicted with? I mean, could it be the case where these "mutations" are being misinterpreted and the reason why there is a drug for everything? Could it be that the "mutations" or "diseases" are a natural occurrence and people are trying to play god by creating drugs to negate the natural effects of the universe around us.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Farnhold

Don't care, just drink and be merry. Que Sera Sera.
what ever will be will be, and just sit back and enjoy the ride, if ti be for good or bad know ,learn what you can today for tomorrow might not come.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Could it be that the sun is producing Neutrinos at a faster/slower rate as it enters the new solar cycle?

On Dec 13, 2006, the sun itself provided a crucial clue, when a solar flare sent a stream of particles and radiation toward Earth. Purdue nuclear engineer Jere Jenkins, while measuring the decay rate of manganese-54, a short-lived isotope used in medical diagnostics, noticed that the rate dropped slightly during the flare, a decrease that started about a day and a half before the flare.
The decay-rate aberrations that Jenkins noticed occurred during the middle of the night in Indiana – meaning that something produced by the sun had traveled all the way through the Earth to reach Jenkins' detectors. What could the flare send forth that could have such an effect? Jenkins and Fischbach guessed that the culprits in this bit of decay-rate mischief were probably solar neutrinos, the almost weightless particles famous for flying at almost the speed of light through the physical world – humans, rocks, oceans or planets – with virtually no interaction with anything.
The swings seemed to be in synch with the Earth's elliptical orbit, with the decay rates oscillating as the Earth came closer to the sun (where it would be exposed to more neutrinos) and then moving away.

source

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySprings

just like the real world news why report it to worry your self with, there is war and storms to be reported not real life changing stuff, that is the way i see it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Well, that article was posted October of last year. Any updated material on what the Sun is doing now as it pertains to this thread?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Yeah, that is an interesting video.

Carbon 12, 6 electrons, 6 protons, 6 electrons, 666. That is freaky.

Carbon 7, 6 electrons, 6 protons, 1 neutron. Only one gummy neutron particle, meaning that the structure of the atom would have to be very precise, so that the structure doesn't need the cement of neutrons to hold the atomic structure together.

I would think such a structure would be very strong.

I am not so sure about the whole psychic medium claims.

But I couldn't find any scientific confirmation of carbon 7. The scientific community only recognizes Carbon isotopes of 12, 13, and 14. I did find one site that claimed there exists Carbon 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.

invsee.asu.edu...

This site seems pretty legitimate, but I couldn't find anything that agrees with this version of six different atomic versions of carbon.

It seems that if i remember correctly, there might be a different term for atoms where there are less neutrons than protons, if such a thing exists.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Article from discovery

This article talks about carbon 14 and how its always been assumed the decay rate was the same, thats how we date objects.

Wouldn't this mean we could no longer trust any date gained by this dating method?

From what I've read about this unknown effect, it wouldn't change anything.

The margin of error for C14 is orders of magnitude higher than this small effect.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join