It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists worried: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/
I challenge anyone to show me where science has accurately predicted anything for a length of time beyond that which they had already measured. IOW, for example, the predicted locations of planets based on formulae that was developed has always needed to be tweeked to be accurate for any duration beyond that which had already

-throws a Newton at you-

Gravity (although not fully understood yet) is holding up pretty well

Science is ever changing...todays science may be seen in a thousand years as earth on a turtles back primitive, and thats fine, thats how it works

science is simply a view of what appears to be fact on the nature of the universe...the scientific process is to challenge that and either further its understanding, or rearrange it as more is known.

science is a watershed marker on what we have discovered to date, this does not mean it is a complete picture, it simply means "this is where we are at".

I get a chuckle at people whom scream that science is wrong...no, science cannot be wrong as it changes whenever proof is presented to encompass the latest model. Science is incomplete..and you can say that even when there is no new groundbreaking discoverys going on..its the default stand

When you are a child, you learn the very basics...some of these basics are later totally reprogrammed..
such as, you may train a baby to not fear people as you would say, a dog..great...then as the baby turns into a child, you somewhat reverse that teaching..saying don't talk to strangers, beware of people doing things you find uncomfortable, etc...then it keeps changing to suit a closer understanding of the reality going on.

We are still infants in the science world, barely grasping some of the more broad subjects, which will change over time...

What is the alternative? Say science was wrong once, so we should simply abandon ever knowing anything and move back to caves...worship totems...preform rain dances and sacrifices to the cloud gods and never attempt to understand a single thing?

link   
reply to post by daddio

Well i dont think were next i just think that we are going to be blasted like mars was but i think we will be hit by something from the sun.

link   

Originally posted by coquine
This got me thinking.....
If it is cyclic, or has at least happened before,
perhaps it could explain some the evolutionary leaps we observe in evidence? Moments when mutations happened rather suddenly, on a large scale?

Probably not.

I think what everyone seems to miss is that the original news release says that the rate of decay SLOWS DOWN during these events. In other words, radioactive materials are less radioactive.

Which is darn interesting.

We live on a radioactive planet, with a radioactive sun (I've seen it (the class of stars that our sun belongs to) described as "poisonously radioactive" in comparison to other sequence stars.)

I'd be interested in seeing where this research leads (and no, the short-term changes in the amount of radiation really don't affect radiocarbon dating (which... for the umpteenth time... can only be used to date bones, mummies, and plant and animal materials but not rocks or buildings). Since the accuracy for radiocarbon dating is about 5% (on a 100 year item, that'd be plus or minus 5 years... 1,000 years it would be plus or minus 50 years), the tiny variation really won't affect dating.

In fact, it might make it even MORE accurate if they can prove that this is real and cyclical.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HRF1965
Our sun and our solar system are entering the stream of energy and particles emanating from the center of the Milky Way galaxy. This is not only affecting the behaviour of matter on our sun and earth, but our consciousness as well. The simple reason is that all matter is energy, and mind and body are actually one.

So, many will be awakened by this new energy, as they will able to accept it and benefit from it, whereas those who resist will be destroyed by it. It is the same with the forces of sun, water, air and earth that sustain us in life, but which break us down after we die.

Enjoy the ride : )

That sounds strange enough to actually be true.

There is a huge black hole in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
So if GOD is on the other side of the black hole pouring something in then it just comes out here.
Maybe the Greys will fill in the blanks for us. They apparently know everything.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Reply to Tollon: The virus thing, that is just plain evil! That idea makes the evil DICK Cheney look like a pussy! Great conspiracy theory! You should get like a tin foil crown!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
For those whom are living in fear with this new report of sun mutating matter, let's pause and take a reality check.

1. The sun had been acting as it had for centuries if not not millenia. If there had been any mutation upon humans, you and I would not be the same as our ancestors had been today.

Thus, the effect of such 'mutation' does not seem to affect us humans in any way, and is not need for panic, to give up on life.

2. It was claimed that time may be speeded up, but in reality, time is only a manmade construct, based upon revolutions of our planet around the sun, measured by atomic and normal chronometers. Had the sun rose up much much earlier than before or sunset timmings changed drastically? None, thus the claim of time speeding up is false.

3. As the men of credible sciences had reported and claim that there are indeed mutations and forces unknown, thus such mutations are therefore unlikely affecting humans and are perhaps affecting other matter such as:-

a. Earthquakes
b. Weather
c. Bird deaths
d. And any other matter that our men of learned science CANNOT explain today.

So, for those whom are in fear, living in fear or spreading fear, there is no need to. We need logic and reason to deal with such situations, and not fear, so that we may all get on with our lives, not in apathy, but with knowledge so that we can be prepared for the worst, and pray for the best.

Cheers!
edit on 21-4-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I think what everyone seems to miss is that the original news release says that the rate of decay SLOWS DOWN during these events. In other words, radioactive materials are less radioactive.

Which is darn interesting.

Few things come to mind

1) So, the earth could possibly be much older than first considered
2) understanding such forces could possibly (if harnassed and controlled) be helpful for nuclear cleanup...
3) Is it coincidental that we are noticing something that could slow decay down right after the meltdowns...

One could speculate all sorts of things for number 3 actually...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Interesting!

Wrote this about 10 yrs ago:
=======================
Sun effects change to cells, DNA
Water sustains life
Time on Earth proves itself
A worthy curse...

The evolution of moth into bird
And man into myth,
Now Jesus saves from barren graves...
Expose the Devil's latest trick
========================

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Is it time to manually charge electrons?
I'm skeptic on this, but the sun is shooting unknown particles. Think of them as accelerators for evolution. Our intelligence is a minor abnormality. Let's call this the x particle. Bacteria is enhanced in space, forms three times faster because of the radations. So I will just assume, we are a product of this anomaly.

Mutating matter? Haven't seen any examples or proof, so uh. Well I will just uh. Um do. Nothing. Lol

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm not really sure this will effect radioactive (carbon) dating that much.

In the Stanford article it states that the variations were noted in cesium-137, silicon-32, and radium-226 and it is actually carbon-14 which is used for the dating method. Carbon-14 has a half life of roughly 5700 years.

There are other forms of dating that this information may call into question.

I will be interested to see if the variations are detected in other things such as uranium, etc.

Kev

PS it is interesting that half-life decay was believed to be consistent but that seems to be a little questionable now...that's why it will be interesting to see if there are other variations detected.
edit on 21-4-2011 by kevkeegsdad because: for clarity.

Doh!!! Just noticed that the variation was also noted in manganese-54.

edit on 21-4-2011 by kevkeegsdad because: I'm a dork.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't think its any secret the sun creates mutations. Doesn't the sun cause skin cancer?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Terrifying scientific discovery: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter

The angry sun For months mounting fear has driven researchers to wring their hands over the approaching solar storms. Some have predicted devastating solar tsunamis that could wipe away our advanced technology, others voiced dire warnings that violent explosions on the surface of the sun could reach out to Earth, breach our magnetic field, and expose billions to high intensity X-rays and other deadly forms of cancer-causing radiation. Now evidence has surfaced that something potentially more dangerous is happening deep within the hidden core of our life-giving star: never-before-seen particles—or some mysterious force—is being shot out from the sun and it’s hitting Earth. Whatever it is, the evidence suggests it’s affecting all matter.

Laboratories around the globe have confirmed that the rate of radioactive decay—once thought to be a constant and a bedrock of science—is no longer a constant. Something being emitted from the sun is interacting with matter in strange and unknown ways with the startling potential to dramatically change the nature of the very Earth itself.

With certain evidence that radioactive decay can be significantly affected by an unknown effect from the sun, much of science is turned on its head. Rate of decay speeding up Worst of all, if the decay rates of matter are being mutated then all matter on Earth is being affected including the matter that makes up life. The mutation may go so far as to change the underlying reality of the quantum universe—and by extrapolation-the nature of life, the principles of physics, perhaps even the uniform flow of time. In fact, some evidence of time dilation has been gleaned from close observation of the decay rate. If particles interacting with the matter are not the cause—and matter is being affected by a new force of nature-then time itself may be speeding up and there’s no way to stop it.

It’s already been proven that the sun’s mass warps time, bends light waves and accounts for mutation of species on Earth. Now this new force may be directly interacting with matter in a way that could not only change Mankind’s understanding of physics, but change Mankind itself…and not necessarily in a beneficial way.

Article:
www.projectworldawareness.com...

What do you think?
edit on 20-4-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

Dubious link is dubious...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
He has drawn nigh unto Her lair....and Her foundations tremble at the sound of His voice. His regalness will make Her cry out in desire and she will despair to be among his choice fruits.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Here is another link from Stanford U.
Stanford

Kev

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
lol mutating our DNA..

Just think about it for a second..

Is our general DNA going to mutate or all the DNA within us..

At any given time, every human has the DNA of many other things rounning through their bodies..

A meal contains the DNA of what ever you ate.. A spider or insect bite injects that creatures DNA into your body.

You breath in, eat, drink, absorb DNA from various sources every day.

Remember the movie "the fly"...lol

Maybe the old saying "you are what you eat", will become a relaity, so be cearful what you take in...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok guys, please explain the implication of this in lament terms?

I'm not sure if I understand this whole thing.

So the Sun is pumping out weird emissions. What... in recorded human history, this type of behavior from the Sun never happened until now?

Are we all going to turn into X-Men?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
When you think about it, we have been measuring radioactive decay for less then a century now, which means our perspective the rate of decay is minuscule, as is our perspective of physics in general. You have all these scientist making theories on theories and spouting them as facts when the evidence supporting these ideas is extremely weak.

There are posters, on this thread, out right denying this evidence, even though it comes from Standford, Purdue, and NIST putting out this information. The level of denial people seem to need, to believe everything they are told is a sad reality.

This all fits into my own personal theory of physics. Neutrinos are simply electrons too short to tangle into the fabric of matter, so they pass through, but they do bounce around through the fabric of matter, and sometimes get caught up in the fabric of matter. Most likely these tiny neutrinos that can get wedged into the nucleus of an atom, can force it apart.

If these atomic decay rates do fluctuate, than that puts all isotopic decay time based theories at risk. Most scientific theories on when things occurred in the past could be drastically off.

This is a big monkey wrench tossed into the works of modern science.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

It helps to be a - Science Guy -.

It turns out we really have a lot to learn and explore.
Every so often something bizarre occurs and makes all of us scratch our heads.
Suddenly constants are no longer constants!
This is all very exciting for me!
For some reason I see - Gods Grand Design -.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84
Ok guys, please explain the implication of this in lament terms?

in lament terms?
hmm...thats going to be difficult...to lament..passionate grief...well, will give it a shot.

Alas, my beloved sun, how you have betrayed me so
To bring me to understand you, your wonderment, to allow me to judge my own time and that of others based on your shiny goodness
then you betray us all just as we truely accept your love...you give us new particles, strange interactions, and make us no longer understand what truely once was.

oh sun...how you have changed...has it always been like this? have you always had these moments where you have altered our perceptions of time and what once was?

Why sun...why...WHYYYY!!!!!!

Best lamenting I could do...sorry

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

there will be new discovers ,once thought to be SiFi that will blow you away and this is just one, now as far as DNA yes it is matter and yes it can be mutated, fragmented. just some of the possible DNA reprogramming.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join