It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUTH About Bacon Revealed! Deny Dietary Ignorance!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Oh My GOD! I love you OP!
I eat bacon alot, in fact I am FAMOUS for my Wilted Spinach Salad!
I fry up some bacon, drain it on a paper towel;
In the bacon grease, I add a few tablespoons each of cider vinegar and brown sugar and stir it till the sugar is dissolved
Throw in washed fresh Spinach leaves, stir to coat and dump it all into a big salad bowl before the Spinach is cooked
Top it with a sliced hard boiled egg, some grated parmesan cheese, the bacon strips crumbled and a few dried cranberries, and EAT!!!
Try it, you will love it!

ETA it's especially good with pork chops!

edit on 20-4-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I eat bacon alot, in fact I am FAMOUS for my Wilted Spinach Salad! I fry up some bacon, drain it on a paper towel; In the bacon grease, I add a few tablespoons each of cider vinegar and brown sugar and stir it till the sugar is dissolved Throw in washed fresh Spinach leaves, stir to coat and dump it all into a big salad bowl before the Spinach is cooked Top it with a sliced hard boiled egg, some grated parmesan cheese, the bacon strips crumbled and a few dried cranberries, and EAT!!! Try it, you will love it!

Crap! I hope you realize you were just responsible for ruining my keyboard from too much drool. That being said, omelettes are really good cooked in bacon grease too.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

No kidding. I am totally drooling. My Grandmother used to make an amazing German potato salad that I would die for right now.

I AM going to try the wilted spinach salad this weekend for sure.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

And here it is. For the times when you can't really be with Bacon....

uncrate.com...

edit on 20-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Everything in moderation.

I am a true omnivore. If it don't eat me first -

Do you like seafood, steaks, port and sangria?

If so, find an authentic Portuguese restaurant near you - you'll never look back.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am so sick of everything being related to good and evil already!!!

Everything good to us is - illegal, immoral, or fattening.

In moderation of course.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Then there's the wonderfully titled "Bacon Explosion" for $30

The Bacon Explosion. What is it? Woven raw bacon sprinkled with barbecue seasoning, topped with uncased sausage meat and a few swirls of barbecue sauce, then finished with a pound of crispy fried bacon. The whole lot is rolled, roulade style, until it looks like a giant sausage, then put in the smoker to cook. It's sliced and served over warm biscuits.

www.bbqaddicts.com...

If you are still beggin' for bacon after dinner try some dessert:

bacon jelly beans
bacon ice cream
bacon gumballs
bacon flavored Coke

On a diet? No worries, there's always:

bacon lip balm
bacon toothpicks
bacon dental floss

Just like the smell? Get some bacon air freshener

Somebody beat you to a pulp for your bacon obsession? Also, not a problem:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b10e4ab6ab3.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 20-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I have not tried Portugese food but I really like all the stuff in the list. Even the Sangria. In fact Sangria isn't served enough anywhere. I remember when my family used to party in the 70's ( I was little then) Sangria was big.

I am going to check out some Portugese food at the next opportunity.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I just had to sit and stare at the description of this dish for a while. Fantasizing.

I just can't get over how it is OK to eat the Bacon now. I used to eat a lot of it and then stopped because of stuff I read or heard. But not now. I have the Presto counter top grill up and i am ready to go with 2lbs of Apple Wood Smoked goodness.

You know I was thinking. When Cthulhu returns. I am going to offer him bacon. I bet he eats me first.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I just had to sit and stare at the description of this dish for a while. Fantasizing.

Right there with you. When I've got the extra money I'm all over ordering it. God bless the internet. Long live bacon.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Long Live Bacon, Brother.

Second. Line.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Growing up in Yorkshire I can honestly say I am very familiar with the "English breakfast" Americans do not know the subtle art of frying everything in the fridge (including but not limited to vegetables....aka the fried tomato, intrinsically absent from the American "slap up grill"....nor would they ever consider frying it in the BACON fat...FOOLS!) I have two kinds of food lubricants in the house. Cold pressed Olive oil and butter. Scarring the arteries is what makes one prone to heart disease, cholesterol is a neccesary part of body function.
I also believe that a persons native home determines their needs for certain nutrients, imagine an eskimo on a diet of greens and juices? He would most certainly perish.
On another note, when I was living in the UK everyone was thin (we didn't think twice about walking anywhere, in fact it would seem ridiculous to DRIVE three blocks to the store, whereas here it is common practice) I have noticed that people are getting fat over there, maybe since the introduction of American foods and a Macdonalds on every corner. I mean, beer (several of them) was considered a meal over there and regularly consumed and people were never fat. Something has changed over there and it is definately the food.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

This is a scathingly well written post. As scathing as hot Bacon grease.

Welcome, Bacon Sister. Have you partaken of The Bacon Song on Page 1?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by timewalker

I have not tried Portugese food but I really like all the stuff in the list. Even the Sangria. In fact Sangria isn't served enough anywhere. I remember when my family used to party in the 70's ( I was little then) Sangria was big.

I am going to check out some Portugese food at the next opportunity.
Oh Portuguese sangria is the stuff. Has like 3 or 4 liquors and liqueurs. Chopped fruit. Blanco or , Rojo is my favorite.

It's not orange juice and wine.

Sweet nectar!

I had a Port girlfriend in Newark NJ. She took me to her favorite restaurant. I was hooked. We went 3 or 4 times a week for almost a year. It was like New Orleans food but BETTER.

Seabra's Marisqueira

Might be good with some bacon too.

edit on 21-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Dudette. lol.....np

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/078d3d006a3b.gif[/atsimg]

BACON LIVES!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I LOVE bacon! When I was a kid, my southern grandma cooked a big breakfast every Sunday morning, and during the week, it was eggs and bacon, or bacon and biscuits, or bacon and toast, even bacon and cereal. I remember saving the rind to chew later on in the day. Of course, everything was fried and slathered in bacon grease. Grandma used to save her bacon grease in a tin in the fridge, and so do I. Some things just don't taste right unless they are fried in bacon grease. And store bought bacon sucks, but it's better than nothing. I normally get a hog a few times a year and that's the best bacon there is.

I would say it depends on genetics on whether you have high cholesterol. My cholesterol level is 153. No one in my bacon (grease) eating family has high cholesterol.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Google on "Bacon Explosion"... Go ahead...I dare you...a slice of heart attack heaven!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My family has saved their bacon fat for as long as I can remember. It's great for cooking. This just makes it better. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It certainly is good to know that we have Baon Brethren on the inside where some good can be done.

I wanted to bring this Holy Image to this thread where it can be adored by the faithful...

Behold...The Bacon Explosion.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Yes, I seem to be able to eat Bacon with impunity as well.

We must be The Chosen of Bacon.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join