It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm frightened

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm frightened about the radiation. I'm frightened about the economy. I'm frightened about terrorists. I'm frightened about 2012. I'm so scared of everything. But what can I do? Do I just give up on my education? Do I just give up on everything, if the world is so screwed up? I can do nothing. I'm already a slave. Will I just continue the way I'm going, on this railway line. A fixed direction to a fixed location and destination. What the hell?? I can do NOTHING. NOTHING. Will I talk about it to my friends?? No, they'll alienate me. I'll be a freak. They want their music and the games consoles. What will I do?? Me?? Who is me?? I no longer have an identity, I'm a tortured, prisoner in my own head. Is there no future?? Is there really NO future??? How can I be heard?? This board is full of all the topics, but no solutions. I'm here for solutions. WE NEED SOLUTIONS. REAL SOLUTIONS. Less chat, more action. NOW.
edit on 10-4-2011 by experiment88 because: OK, now you need to edit you post. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Don't be scared just be prepared for the worst.

Welcome

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You lied.. :c
edit on 10-4-2011 by heyJude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

How can we prepare, when it's happening RIGHT now. It's happening under our noses. We'll wake up one day and say, "How the hell did THIS happen??"

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by experiment88

Welcome to ATS. I do hope the mods wont get mad that you lied about you age. Maybe edit that part out. Don't want you getting banned. :|

But anyways it's okay to be scarred. Just try to look on the bright side of things. Make some friends here on ATS that way if the apocalypse comes then we can at least talk about it here.

In what state do you live that you are worried about radiation?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Don´t be scared.
Every generation thought they were the last...
Enjoy life and that´s it!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude
You lied.. :c

He has a great career ahead of him in politics!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Trust me, it's been worse than it is today and we're still here. When I was your age the Viet Nam war had just ended. The Cold War was in full swing. We expected nuclear war on any given day. My best advice is to inform yourself. ATS is an excellent venue for that. One must discern info from fear though. Use your own thought process. If you need any help navigating the site fire a u2u my way.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I'm not trying to derail the conversation here but would you please stop going on threads trying to be rude? You did the same thing to me when I was upset about something and needing advice from the fine members of ATS.

You may have problems (i.e Schizophrenia) but that doesn't give you the right to be a heartless jerk.

Back on topic:

Hey I remember browsing this site as a "kid" haha.

Although at that time I didnt have an account. Just remember here at ATS we welcome civilized debate and good manors.

Welcome aboard.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You're right, we do need solutions. Hopefully you can bring up what's on your mind and spark some productive conversations and debates over the course of your time here. Until then, welcome, and I hope you find what you're looking for here.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by heyJude

I'm not trying to derail the conversation here but would you please stop going on threads trying to be rude? You did the same thing to me when I was upset about something and needing advice from the fine members of ATS.

I'm sorry, what exactly did I say?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I'm frightened about the radiation. I'm frightened about the economy. I'm frightened about terrorists. I'm frightened about 2012. I'm so scared of everything.

Aren't we all?

But what can I do? Do I just give up on my education? Do I just give up on everything, if the world is so screwed up? I can do nothing.

The younger generation is our future. Don't give up. Keep working and make the change that we need in this world happen. I think everyone here on ATS would like to change the world...and we just might.

Will I just continue the way I'm going, on this railway line. A fixed direction to a fixed location and destination. What the hell?? I can do NOTHING. NOTHING.

You control your own destiny. Make it your own.

Will I talk about it to my friends?? No, they'll alienate me. I'll be a freak. They want their music and the games consoles. What will I do?? Me?? Who is me?? I no longer have an identity, I'm a tortured, prisoner in my own head.

If you friends don't understand fears that you have then they aren't good friends. I guess that doesnt make it hurt any less if they decided to alienate you.

Is there no future?? Is there really NO future??? How can I be heard?? This board is full of all the topics, but no solutions. I'm here for solutions. WE NEED SOLUTIONS. REAL SOLUTIONS. Less chat, more action. NOW.

u2u me and we can start working on this "Solution" I'll make a post about it. You can make a post about it.

Want a solution? Let's make one.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

You were trying to be funny and said something like "Cool Story Bro"

Kinda made me rage a bit. First post when I needed advice was some smart-ass comment.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'll just say as far as your "friends" are concerned...

If someone alienates you for who and what you are, no matter what your beliefs, fears or problems may be, they are not your friend.

If someone does not like you for who and what you are, screw 'em. There's 6 billion other people in the world that just might, and those others are not worth wasting your time on.

As to the fear/etc:

Being afraid is a normal circumstance. "Fear" as an emotion is used as a warning system for you to pay attention to something happening around you and take action to keep yourself safe.

If you refuse to listen to your conscience regarding what you see, then what comes down the line to you will be on you. Regardless, this life is merely a game and we all get another turn at anotehr time.

Since you're still young, you have a wonderful opportunity to avoid getting too jaded and "stuck" in the system. It'll be easy for you to learn alternative ways of doing things. For example: Why pay $100k for a house when you can build one out of recycled materials on a piece of land that costs you less than $100 a motnh? AND you can build it for less than $2000.

Why pay high prices on food when you can grow your own with aquaponics? There's families growing over 6000 pounds of food a year on 1/10th of an acre of land doing that, year round. AND do it using recycled materials that you can get for FREE?

There's so many ways to do things differently from the way the system tells you it has to be. Be free. With freedom comes lack of fear.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by experiment88
I'm frightened about the radiation. I'm frightened about the economy. I'm frightened about terrorists. I'm frightened about 2012. I'm so scared of everything. But what can I do? Do I just give up on my education? Do I just give up on everything, if the world is so screwed up? I can do nothing. I'm already a slave. Will I just continue the way I'm going, on this railway line. A fixed direction to a fixed location and destination. What the hell?? I can do NOTHING. NOTHING. Will I talk about it to my friends?? No, they'll alienate me. I'll be a freak. They want their music and the games consoles. What will I do?? Me?? Who is me?? I no longer have an identity, I'm a tortured, prisoner in my own head. Is there no future?? Is there really NO future??? How can I be heard?? This board is full of all the topics, but no solutions. I'm here for solutions. WE NEED SOLUTIONS. REAL SOLUTIONS. Less chat, more action. NOW.
edit on 10-4-2011 by experiment88 because: OK, now you need to edit you post. Thanks.
Sit back and relax and let your mind float downstream , don't sweat it, just remember, $hit happens in the end, it's all good

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by heyJude

Kinda made me rage a bit. First post when I needed advice was some smart-ass comment.

Lulz I see you are unfamiliar with this here internet.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
fear is rarely productive.

but if it makes you feel better, lock yourself in your closet til christmas of next year, just n case!
edit on 10-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What you can do is not live your life based on fear.

Make your decisions in life based on love. Dont fear radiation, especially if there is nothing you can do, live the day in a way that makes you happy to be alive. You WILL die. We all will. But you cant worry about that every day.

Education? Make sure you learn what you love, what you are good at, not what some corporate overlord needs this week. Because by the time you graduate, they corporate overlords may be hiring something else anyway. Be YOU. Dont try to be what you think you should be because you fear.

And if you do think, you are changing the world. But physically, but what you put out based on your gifts and talents, and energetically, but not contributing to the overall fear.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude

reply to post by heyJude

Lulz I see you are unfamiliar with this here internet.

No I just must have false hopes that ATS is a more civil place on the internet. Which it is.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Live your own life, be happy, thumb your nose at the rest

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join