It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Westboro Baptist Chruch a Mind Control Psy-Op?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
Its mainly just a single, extended family that has a nut job of a father.
The only thing psy about it is how psycho this guy is.

I don't understand this kind of reply. Your response to "What if there is more than meets the eye" is to assert that there is not. All right...why? What makes you so sure? I'd never thought about the OP's question before, but now that I do, I can't see anything impossible about it. It's not like the fact that psyops exist is a conspiracy theory or something. That would be like suggesting that Human Resources is an urban legend. Nobody is even trying to pretend they don't exist, it's only the specifics of current ones we don't know.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I always think of a psy-op as being some kind of covert government or scientific operation. But I strongly agree that they are a cult, so yeah, mind control is in play. Heh. Jim Jones was the first person I thought of when I saw your headline, Skyfloating.

Just because this group *claims* to have some kind of "religious" grounds for their behavior doesn't make it so. Most cults use some kind of religious or "benevolent/ righteous" justification as a means of manipulating their prey. Then again, so does politics.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yeah, or maybe that was a "turning point" in his life.

I have thought these things:

Other peaceful protesters left and right have been arrested for less than what Phelps and
the WBC Cult get away with.

WBS seems to turn up when the Government has an interest.

Sure, and they also monitor WBC.

U.S Northern Command has issued alerts about WBC and in one of its advisories said
much of WBC funding comes from lawsuits. www.blackfive.net...

Psyc warfare at its best/worse.

Cant prove it but when we have OEV going public what might they have done
in the last decade with WBC?

According to the Guardian, United States Central Command (Centcom), which is responsible for military actions in the Middle East and central Asia, has awarded a $2.76m contract to Ntrepid, a Los Angeles-based company, to develop an "online persona management service".

The technology will allow one US operator to control 10 fake user accounts at the same time.

The contract is thought to be the latest extension of Operation Earnest Voice, a psychological warfare strategy
www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

The FBI patterned COINTELPRO on the methods used by its counterintelligence division and internal security sections during the 1940s and ’50s. The arsenal of dirty tactics used by the bureau included unauthorized wiretaps, undercover plants, agent provocateurs, poison-pen letters, black-bag jobs, and the compiling of secret dossiers. Driven by a grotesque mix of personal racism and paranoia, Hoover kicked the program into high gear in the 1960s. The FBI assembled thousands of “ghetto informants” like Withers and hundreds of FBI agents in a relentless campaign to harass and intimidate African-American groups. The FBI listed the targeted individuals under categories variously titled Rabble Rouser Index, Agitator Index or Security Index atlantapost.com...

FBI, CIA, take your pick.

He has run as a Democrat in how many elections?

Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[32] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[33] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[34][unreliable source?] and 1997.[35] en.wikipedia.org...

Dont stop there...ask Hal Turner

A New Jersey blogger facing charges in two states for allegedly making threats against lawmakers and judges was trained by the FBI on how to be deliberately provocative, his attorney said Tuesday.
Hal Turner worked for the FBI from 2002 to 2007 as an "agent provocateur" and was taught by the agency "what he could say that wouldn't be crossing the line," defense attorney Michael Orozco said.

"His job was basically to publish information which would cause other parties to act in a manner which would lead to their arrest," Orozco said

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 11-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I do not think Westboro Baptist Church is a mind control psy-op. I think they simply get attention because controversy sells. They are the Jerry Springer of Christian Churches. They are the accident on the side of the road you can't help but watch. They are a reflection of our society which lusts over such extravagantly vulgar forms of expression. Westboro Baptist Church merely brings out the worst in us like a hot pad on a boil. It is easy to point the finger and say "Look at the hate they spew!", but in doing so one fails to notice the exact same degree of hatred coming from their own mouths.

Fred Phelps had a very abusive childhood and this form of expression is his powerful way of venting it on easy targets. He gets your blood boiling and it is good. As a child, no one heard his own cries of injustice, so now he is tone deaf to hear the cries of others. He could be you or I had he been born in similar circumstances, but he has his own cross to bear, and he pulls society in to share the weight.

He may never know truelove in this world, for many will not see beyond the strong message he shouts. It may even be the death of him in the end. Worse yet, it may be the death of free speech if we do not subdue or own passions and not give in to the hate within us.

Through Fred Phelps, we have all felt the weight of the cross we bear, Christian or not. Bear it my friends or the further loss of liberty will be the millstone about your necks.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Wow...only FOUR people and that amount of media attention. Good to know their pickets were ripped out of their hands and broken...by Christians no less.

Ha! Yes and these are lessons we can use to get OUR message out.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think you are close to correct but a little too stuck on the earthly plane. It's a psyop by Satan to discredit genuine Christainty. He wants you to write off Christianity as intolerant hate mongering and go to hell.

Yet Jesus came to save sinners. He hung out with the outcasts, the tax collectors, the prostitutes, sinners like me.

The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’(Lk 7:34)

And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”(Mk 2:17)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
No, just idiots.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Fred Phelps is right in the fact that his church IS the only church who truthfully preaches the 'word of God'. I think they are much more sane than the hypocritical Christians who pick out parts of the Bible they like and then pretend certain other parts don't even exist.

I don't think they are under mind control. They don't have that 'zombie-like' characteristic that so many celebrities have.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

I think they are much more sane than the hypocritical Christians who pick out parts of the Bible they like and then pretend certain other parts don't even exist.

So where do you stand on shrimp, lobster, and crab? Because if you don't treat them like an abomination... guess what?

Leviticus 11:9-12 says: 9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. 10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: 11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. 12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says: 9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat: 10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

One of the members claimed they even abide by that standard.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

So do Kosher Jews, Rastafarians, and Seventh Day Adventests apparently. But that was not the question. Where do you stand on it? (Don't forget things like Clam Chowder)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Christians aren't bound by the old laws. Christianity is simple as we are only bound by the new law.

For a person to say " they aren't Christian! they aren't Christians! " isn't honest and surely isn't the new law.

a person cannot say ' i don't sin ' because every person sins. we ' need ' Christ.. every one of us. And because of this i can see how these people appear very ugly.

yet, if they held the new law as a precious baby...this topic would never had happend.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

So since the arguments used against homosexuals is part of the old law...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
the old testament is no longer in play. no longer in motion. the New Testament is.

Were the people of this discussion to cradle the New Testament like a baby ..their ' own ' understanding would never had led them astray.

Today is the law of Love. not finger pointing and assumption.
(EDIT: i thought this post didn't get posted which explains my next post with similar wording)
edit on 12-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

edit on 12-4-2011 by steven704 because: Double posting, sorry

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights
Fred Phelps is right in the fact that his church IS the only church who truthfully preaches the 'word of God'. I think they are much more sane than the hypocritical Christians who pick out parts of the Bible they like and then pretend certain other parts don't even exist.

I don't think they are under mind control. They don't have that 'zombie-like' characteristic that so many celebrities have.

The religions have been coded and there are two very opposite paths in them. The one represented by Yeshua is not the smiting warring God one, but one that is far different. He even represented a kind of hidden path that is not seen by many until they really ask for healing of their sight and ask for help to turn all negatives into positives. What he really shows is something so far removed from what this family and church is demonstrating and they're not anywhere close to following in Christ Jesus's footsteps.

All religions have the mason checkerboard floor, that coincidentally adorned Solomon's temple, along with Jaochim and Boaz.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a7dd07c89d7.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 12-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

So since the arguments used against homosexuals is part of the old law...

i see what you mean and this is interesting. i guess the Lord would have the last say on this.
EDIT: OK, i've had to really think about this and really dig deep. The conclusion i came to is this.

If a person fully understands the disgust Our Father has with homosexuality in the old testament... even though searching for answers may not be in the New Testament on this particular matter.. Why would a homosexual want to play russian roulette with The Lord ??

Clearly He finds homosexuality an abomination..... therefore, my question would be to ' WHO ' are homosexuals attempting to slide by?

I don't think gay pride is a good enough reason to walk on coals. why play with fire.

edit on 12-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Where do I stand on what?
Are you asking if I agree with shrimp and such being an abomination? The answer is no, I don't. lol

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I suspect they are nothing but an inbred cult, made up of crazy family members. Certainly NOT a real church, and not Baptist by any stretch of the imagination. They aren't smart enough to be part of any good conspiracy. Watching videos of any of them talking shows that. Like watching someone in an asylum.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven704

Originally posted by bdb818888

That's pure B.S , I'm a Christian and I would have nothing to do with people like that.

you misunderstood my statement.
Yeah , I did misunderstand your statement , I apologize for my rude statement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join