It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Westboro Baptist Chruch a Mind Control Psy-Op?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

What I was saying is that Westboro Baptist Church sounds and looks bad even without the help of Louis Thereoux. Look at those pickets. Look at how they hassle dead soldiers.

Yes I agree it does look bad, but get beyond the media, and listen to Shirley Phelps' logic in a candid interview free from slight of hand editing and this doesn't sound or look bad to me: Please tell me what's bad about this:

And: The Bible does mention that a Christian musnt be a homosexual but nowhere in the Bible does it say that God "hates" Fags.

Yes it does. What's wrong with you. You ought to read Malachi. "God hates Esau" "God hates divorce" "God hates violence" If God declares something to be detestable like homosexuality, then why can't you deduce that God hates it?

"There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers

My point already proved that your quote here isn't an exaustive list of God's hate, and neither is it Dissent amongst brothers to picket a funeral. Dissent in the context of your proverbs quote would be something like a brother disagreeing that God exists.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is a very good thread for awareness, when something feels wrong its basically wrong, and there is controlling element attempting to program us with their agendas. This is exactly how we should be viewing their media, news, editorial comments, etc. Learn to see through the world. War is Not Peace, Hatred and Bigotry is not Love, and this is not Christianity. That comment I made about the drugs, that fits in to their M'Kultra and also to their elimination of conscience.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
They are a good example of Christian extremist , most Christians that I know would not associate with them because of the way they act. They are not people of God , Jesus didn't preach hate like these people do. They have taken the truth and twisted into hate, I really feel sorry for people like this .

These aren't Christian extremist. if they were extremists they'd call every Christian ' brother '

the use of ' extremists ' doesn't apply to Christian..simply because the more extreme the Christian, the more loving they become.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
True Christianity is very difficult to find these days. It is important that everyone realize that there is a drastic difference between Christianity and churches today. When you blame Christianity for violence, war, etc., it is really the religious right, Catholicism, Judaism and Islam that are at odds with the context of the New Testament, which by being a legal instrument called a will, is now in effect following the Old Testament (or Will).

You would be hard pressed to blame history's violence on such teachings as "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemy". Blame should be on those in the churches that say they are Christ-like and yet practice otherwise.

For example, if a church has instruments of music during worship, it is following false teaching. If it preaches tithing to the church, it is false. If the church adheres strictly to conservative values only or liberal values only, it does not follow the equally conservative-liberal teachings of Christ. If it believes in healing through prayer and / or faith, it does not understand the basic doctrine of Christ.

The vast majority of Christian and Catholic churches in the world do not follow the simple teachings of the New Testament. These are man-made complex dogmas created to brainwash and oppress the masses for profit and control.

If you consider yourself a Christian, go read from the original text of the NEW Testament. Your Christ said "I come not to destroy the old law but to fulfill it". The old law, thereby through his death fulfilling it, has been satisfied and the NEW will is now in effect. You are no longer under the old law. The old law was legally oppressive and unforgiving. The new law is about freedom through grace, peace and love.

Westboro Baptist's intentions may be "right", but their attitude and spirit are wrong.

edit on 11-4-2011 by goddesslovr88 because: added comment

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

They tried to bring their non-sensical hate-mongering picketing to our town. We don't have what I would say is a significant gay population. We do have one "gay bar." I think maybe out of the 90K that live here and the 30-40 bars and 20+ liquor stores and 75+ churches here maybe 100+/- same peoples frequent the gay bar and a quarter are probably just friends and family.
when they came to protest here with that disinfo smear campaign on a Sunday morning no less I think it was a car full of church goers that pulled over and took the pickets away from them and broke them and threw them on he ground. They got back in their car and went to church. I think Weztboro came here to rock a boat and got tossed in the water.
Side note it was all over the news here they were protesting. I saw them personally. There were ONLY 4. And on Monday thy showed them in Louisville. Same group i saw. So they must've trucked on outta here.
edit on 11-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The word church and the word mind control in the same line and there is a question mark? hmmm
would have to go with the very first reply to this one, all religious sects are mind control psychological ops. Just my opinion though..right up there with the 'white muslim' show on the other night, excellent brainwashed subjects.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FullVisionProject
The word church and the word mind control in the same line and there is a question mark? hmmm
would have to go with the very first reply to this one, all religious sects are mind control psychological ops. Just my opinion though..right up there with the 'white muslim' show on the other night, excellent brainwashed subjects.

There are already a few thousand religion-bashing threads out there. This one is not about that. Its about the question whether there is a specific project/experiment happening here in this case.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Wow...only FOUR people and that amount of media attention.

Good to know their pickets were ripped out of their hands and broken...by Christians no less.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

That's pure B.S , I'm a Christian and I would have nothing to do with people like that.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What's this about -- anyone know ?

Whatever righteous cause the Jewish victims of the 1930s–40s Nazi Holocaust had, (probably minuscule, compared to the Jewish Holocausts against Middle Passage Blacks, African Americans and Christians—including the bloody persecution of Westboro Baptist Church by Topeka Jews in the 1990s has been drowned in sodomite semen

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyone know about the Topeka jews conducting a bloody persecution against the Westboro baptists ?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by goddesslovr88

i agree with everything you said but not this.

" If it believes in healing through prayer and / or faith, it does not understand the basic doctrine of Christ. "

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by steven704

That's pure B.S , I'm a Christian and I would have nothing to do with people like that.

you misunderstood my statement.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Sky,

I have long thought the same thing.

All is not as it seems.

I hope this thread grows as I think there is much about this Fred Phelps that is suspect,
along with this crime organization he heads up.

He has a background as a disbarred Civil Rights Attorney...from that era of his life the story
that stands out the most is the one of Carolene Brady

Think about this strange love hate relationship; as this Westboro Cult is a target of the
Southern Poverty Law Center. How perfect a fit is that?

Both Fred Phelps, and the SPLC are vexatious litigants

His own son Nate Phelps,

estranged son of Fred Phelps, claims he never had a relationship with his
abusive father when he was growing up. He alleged that, in addition to hurting others in this world,
his father used to physically abuse his wife and children by beating them with his fists and the
handle of a mattock to the point of bleeding.en.wikipedia.org...

Personally I see this man and his followers as a cult and this Fred Phelps is a lover of hate.
Or at least he puts on as much. He started out at West Point when he was 16.
Went on from there to lots of different seminaries.

Is there something undercover? Its entirely possible and very likely.

I find my self doing a double take as the protection that is afforded this WBC from the police.

Why? When all of the anti war protests are harrassed?

edit on 11-4-2011 by burntheships because: all is not as it seems

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
What's this about -- anyone know ?

Whatever righteous cause the Jewish victims of the 1930s–40s Nazi Holocaust had, (probably minuscule, compared to the Jewish Holocausts against Middle Passage Blacks, African Americans and Christians—including the bloody persecution of Westboro Baptist Church by Topeka Jews in the 1990s has been drowned in sodomite semen

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyone know about the Topeka jews conducting a bloody persecution against the Westboro baptists ?

You need to go back and read your source material.

That quote is just Fred Phelps spewing his insanity.

Thats all it is. It never happened...

You left out the most important part...

In 1996 Phelps led a protest at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C., proclaiming:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How interesting.

The SCOTUS 8-1 decision in Snyder v. Phelps?

One might want to ask why it is that this case has climbed its way to the top?
Something that vexatious litigants dream about.

In 1170, when England’s King Henry II mused out loud to no one in particular about his frustrations with Archbishop Thomas á Becket — “Will no one rid me of this priest?” — the knights who were listening did just that, murdering him in Canterbury Cathedral.

When Nazi-propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels urged Germans and Austrians to burn synagogues and beat and kill Jews in November 1938, it only took a few hours for those words to translate into blood in the streets.

When President George W. Bush said, in response to a question about the rise of al-Qaeda in Iraq, “Bring ’em on!” al-Qaeda did just that.

www.duquoin.com...

I have read a few clips here and there that Al Gore had an obscure connection to
Fred Phelps.

However, in the actual news, its far beyond a casual realtionship.

Yet, one that has been covered up by the media. Why?

Dont ask me how I find this stuff.

First however let me caution the reader...dont get caught up in the homosexuality part, or you
will miss the important part!

Vice President Al Gore has actively sought and received the support of homosexual advocacy groups in his race for the White House this year, and his quest for votes and financial contributions from that constituency has been matched by his support for new hate crimes legislation covering homosexuality, special immigration status for homosexual partners and a variation on gay marriage..........

.......As an activist in Kansas party politics, the younger Phelps said he used his position and influence to feature Gore in a number of campaign events. "The vice president himself came here in March - came here to Topeka in March of ?88 - and marched in the St. Patrick's parade," said Phelps. "I was with him with that, helped him to get into that and literally walked down the street with him."

The attorney also helped Gore logistically, providing office space for the campaign?s Kansas operations. "Near the end of his campaign when it really got hot and heavy here in Kansas, he brought in a team of people, probably 10 or 15 folks, and we let them use the basement of our law office building to run his campaign here," said Phelps.

www.cnsnews.com...

The younger Fred Jr. Phelps goes on to admit that he was actually nominated a
Democratic Delegate, spent alot of time traveling with Gore and his Dad.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I probably won't be adding anything new here but I am almost convinced this is somehow a plot to curb our freedom of speech.

Not sure about the MKULTRA matter (that would be hard to prove) but I would bet the rent the media is soaking up as much of the brouhaha as possible to the point Americans are begging for something to be done about it, even at the expense of our rights to free speech and protest.

It would be a tragedy to see these imbeciles, who are a fringe margin of our society and who virtually NOBODY outside of their little clan supports, impact our rights.

I would love to say ignore them and they go away but the media eats it up.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i am not a christian, no do i believe in god or like religion...
but if you actually read the bible it does say what they say it does.
what i dont get is how that does not make the whole religion look even worse (if at all possible) than it already is.

p.s. i do not agree with what they are saying or doing but...
THIS IS AMERICA!!!! HOORAY FOR FREE SPEECH!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I would love to say ignore them and they go away but the media eats it up.

Written about in articles all over the internet is this argument about ignoring them. Sort of Ironic. Don't you think? The media take pride in shaping rather than informing opinion. Yet people seem to think their own opinions of the WBC are independent of the media, but that's total baloney, because nobody seems interested in how Shirley Phelps defends what she does. Instead people think what a vile woman she is but they refuse to listen to her. Condemnation before investigation is a bar to all knowledge.

The difference between what the media tell us about the WBC and what Shirley Phelps actually says in defense of those pickets is huge - I've posted the video in this thread but people are scared to watch it because they've already concluded that she's vile before they've even watched the video.

I haven't ruled out the possibility that the WBC are a Psy-op. However, the only psy-op that seems to be effective is a TV imposed condemnation before investigation.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

He has a background as a disbarred Civil Rights Attorney.

I read, I read. Weird, isnt it? He was big into civil rights back in the 60s, and now it seems its just the opposite. Maybe having been disbarred left some kind of wound.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well that just shows his connection to the ptb, he is obviously working for them, was retrained obviously. No one makes it to attorney level really, just as no one makes it in the movie/music industry, without connections. Alot of the music industry is cia/military offspring. Its all rigged. You can't even get on city counsel or any mid level promotions without indoctrination.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join