It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US atom smasher may have found new force of nature

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by Fiberx
If it's the Higgs it will be insane. When you measure the subatomics they have no volume. They appear to be only a small packet of energy, yet they behave as if they have mass. It is the Higgs that is thought to give quarks and the like their mass... One needn't ponder long to dream up some major scientific and technological implications.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

What would be the implications? Free energy? Time travel? I'm not exactly sure why this is so ground breaking?

The Higgs Boson isn't called "The god particle" for no reason. It's supposedly THE particle that gives everything else its mass... Mass for example prevents us from going faster than the speed of light and at the same time, extremely high mass could enable us to time travel (Same goes for no mass)... It's still unknown exactly what we can do with the Higgs Boson and how but there is a lot of speculation and theorization about it. If we somehow would discover this particle and be able to produce it and change its values to for example make everything in a certain area gain a lot of mass, we could create a black hole for example.
Free energy? Probably that too, when you can change the mass of certain things, you also directly influence the energy contained within.
A So yeah, probably everything of the things you mentioned and everything in between is achievable if we find this god particle and find a way to use its properties.

IT--
edit on 6-4-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
What would be the implications? Free energy? Time travel? I'm not exactly sure why this is so ground breaking?

My wife just asked the same thing. If this is not the Higgs-boson and it is a "new force of nature," I'm not sure we could even guess what the implications would be. It would be comparable to the discovery of gravity. At the time, people may have thought Newton was an idiot stating the obvious. (Of course apples fall from trees...) It was only over time that people understood how important of a discovery it was.

Or maybe it would be like the discovery of nuclear forces or electomagnetism, which would have been little understood by most but which resulted in inventions never imagined before.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if there is any practical application for this new force. Something us non-scientist can wrap our heads around.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Makes me wonder if there is any practical application for this new force. Something us non-scientist can wrap our heads around.

If it indeed is what they are cryptically hinting at (that it's a force beyond Newton's definitions), then the practical application could be infinite. We are always one or two epiphanies away from a species-altering event and something like this (I'm still not convinced it's what they claim yet) could be what sets us in that super-duper future sci-fi scenario.

Speed of light travel...
Completely obliterating the time/space illusion...
Gravitational manipulation...
These are just things I'd expect but I'm sure everybody is drooling over something different.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is all so very exciting! I hope we find the answers we are looking for before we blow ourselves up!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The only thing that worries me is that, everytime there is a discovery like this, it is usually used for the wrong reasons. I doubt Albert Einstein intended his discovery to be used as a weapon.

Today in age, with the globalist in control, this could be a dangerous thing to discover. I know they are feeling threatened today in age, and if this w/e it is has any destructive characteristics, you can bet they could use it. Other than that, I am excited by the discovery and hope to know more, who knows, maybe it may end up opening a doorway for us to evolve.

If it does have time travel characteristics tho, chances are, it could be used to activate a machine similar to Zarathustra.

Which would basically cause the universe to restart thus sending us into the never ending cycle of monotony as we live our lives over and over again. Which would explain deja vus. Whoah, maybe that is what happened in the past, only this time we are actually aware of it.

time to evolve imo.

Btw, this could also confirm Alex Colliersclaims of the 12 universes and 12 lifetimes. On the 12th we are supposed to evolve into Fifth dimensional beings.

Wooo im on a roll.
Edit. S&F
edit on 6-4-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Dont quote me on this but i was told by a source that they have discovered the graviton, dont ask me what it is because i dont know, i aint no scientist, but thought id just drop that in here.... exciting none the less

Found this, info about what the Graviton is

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 6-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If true, this is just another example of how spot on McKenna was with his Timewave theories. The confluence of novelty is speeding up by the day. We're all rushing headlong into a new paradigm.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I doubt they could understand something in front of thier nose. Let alone the confines of "SPACE". hint, hint. to be or not to be, hmmmmm, what is it. Let us open pandora's box and see what is inside. It's full of stars,its full of stars,its full of stars. Look in front of your nose and you will find the answers. Ever heard of the term, Bubble? Space is a bubble. I believe you cannot get out of the confines of this bubble. Our stars are all in this bubble. Forget it, GOOD LUCK on that there smasher.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Dont quote me on this but i was told by a source that they have discovered the graviton, dont ask me what it is because i dont know, i aint no scientist, but thought id just drop that in here.... exciting none the less

Found this, info about what the Graviton is

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 6-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

That's how Sam Becket (Quantum Leap) did his leaping. The gravitons were supercharged and it was able to bend time and space for him to physically occupy it. That show had some pretty cool science to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hey guys and gals. Just saw this article. Too much mumbo jumbo for me but perhaps it'll help you out.

It's by Tommaso Dorigo, someone who apprently reviewed the...uh...review paper.

Source

UPDATE: Okay, I won't wait 5PM FNAL time after all, since I see that other online resources are already discussing it -including the New York Times online, which quotes the co- CDF spokesperson, Giovanni Punzi. I will let the previous post with the same title live below, but here I am attaching something on top.

The authors saw that their background to WW/WZ events was not modeled very precisely, and investigated the high-mass region with more care. They were in for a surprise. The bump was not a ephemeral feature of the data, and simulations of the background could not explain it away. This started a much deeper investigation, which eventually led to the paper you can read on the preprint arxiv today.

Dosen't sound too exciting to me. Maybe I'm wrong though.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Photons do display characteristics of both particle and wave, yes. Theorizing that matter is but a form of energy is EXACTLY the idea that gives the Higgs such potential value.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
GOD particles? what? What are you talking about. You breath in particles of dust in the air every day. Were you reffirring to the sub atomic level or lower? a particle i can see and hold in my hand. I have many sand particles on my kitchen floor. GOD PARTICLE. he,he,he,he,he,he

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
oops, sorry double post.

edit on 6-4-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Apr 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed double post

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
GOD particles? what? What are you talking about. You breath in particles of dust in the air every day. Were you reffirring to the sub atomic level or lower? a particle i can see and hold in my hand. I have many sand particles on my kitchen floor. GOD PARTICLE. he,he,he,he,he,he

oops, sorry double post.

edit on 6-4-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

en.wikipedia.org...(physics)#.22The_God_particle.22

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

again, i repeat. sub-atomic or lower or the particles on my kitchen floor. Does that clarify things better.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by ressiv

again, i repeat. sub-atomic or lower or the particles on my kitchen floor. Does that clarify things better.

Are you asking somebody to paraphrase the definition of the "god particle" or are you just being anal about it being declared a "particle"?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

i would just like to sa to you

nice avatar

and to the OP thanks for posting this...most interesting indeed i anxiously await the results

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
...and the Jedi were born

Looking forward to the outcome of this, I hope it isn't just another flash in the pan

Peace out

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join