It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$200 Oil and $10 Gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The idea of 200 to 300 dollar oil is being floated around. They always tell you what they are going to do before they do it.
www.bestmetalresearch.com...
Gas will probably be $5 by the end of May and $10 by the end of November. I reckon this will drive everything up, airline travel, food, you name it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If gas reach 10$ a gallon 1 can only imagine the impact..... Major oil boycott call for new fuel options. WAR

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
War is coming, the drums are beating, war is coming, the drums are beating... oh look he's dead, but what about Fred?... Or Ted? OH NO! What have I done!?!?! I've killed my friends because I wanted some bread! - So yeah, let's not let it come to that.

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
War is coming, the drums are beating, war is coming, the drums are beating... oh look he's dead, but what about Fred?... Or Ted? OH NO! What have I done!?!?! I've killed my friends because I wanted some bread! - So yeah, let's not let it come to that.

Jamie.

I like ur rhythm m8!! ill beatbox for ya will u lay down the rhyme!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yea.. Another source..
Reuters Link...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Haha, thank you!
But I'm afraid I'm a solo act until the bullets are flying

Jamie

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
At that price most people won't be able to afford going to work.
Everything will go up and price and stuff will get ugly.

Expect politicians to be scrambling for their political careers as new politicians campaign on energy platforms.
Get the Dinosaurs out! They got you into this mess by supporting oil companies.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I guess everyone should boycott the industry.

Fill your car up now and buy a bicycle.

Don't forget to turn your car on every 3-4 days if you aren't going to use it. So the gas doesn't turn to jelly and ruin your car.

Maybe a Nation wide boycott will make then think twice of raising the oil price....they have control over all the oil anyways, there shouldn't be a shortage....it is just a way to take away from the people...so to keep them poor...
edit on 5-4-2011 by Quickfix because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well I got a minivan.....I suppose I could get another 6 people to get in with me every day, charge them only $5.00 a day (lower price than the bus), get me a nice $30.00 a day times 5....Should pay for gas and vehicle maintenance no problem !

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
stop moaning.....here in the uk we already pay £1.40 a litre - £6.35 a gallon - $10.42 a gallon!!
Our prices are increasing on a daily basis and are showing no signs of slowing down.

Our government were kind enough (haha THANKS!!!) not to add 1p to fuel duty....but the oil companies took this into account and raised their prices by upto 3p a litre a day before the tax was scrapped....until next year when it will add 5p per litre.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
stop moaning.....here in the uk we already pay £1.40 a litre - £6.35 a gallon - $10.42 a gallon!!
Our prices are increasing on a daily basis and are showing no signs of slowing down.

Our government were kind enough (haha THANKS!!!) not to add 1p to fuel duty....but the oil companies took this into account and raised their prices by upto 3p a litre a day before the tax was scrapped....until next year when it will add 5p per litre.

Many in the US fully appreciate the high price of fuel in the UK, but there is a BIG differance. I live 17 miles from work. There is no public transportation path to get me to my job in less than 4 hours. The total cost of bus fare would be more than the $10/gallon fuel. See, damned if I do and damned if I don't.

In my case, I was able to convince the boss that it is far more efficient and cheaper if I work remotely. Unfortunately, this option does not work with others who MUST be physically present at their place of business.

edit on 4-5-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Secret Agenda 2012 Tragedy - Lindsey Williams

You may want to listen to this guy "Lindsey Williams" he has been telling us about the price of oil and where its going for the last few years if not longer.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Seriously. It's a different issue for Most Americans. Unfortunately our entire infrastructure was designed around cheap transportation for the masses and our cities, counties and indeed our entire nation depend heavily on that reality that is quickly becoming a non-reality. I too drive about 18 miles to work, which is probably just average around here. It would be very very rough on my schedule and all aspects of my life to ride my bike or wait for buses. Almost makes me wish I lived in a big city.... Almost.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

So in the UK you already pay $10 a gallon, but your entire country is the size of one US state.
We have wide open spaces larger than 10 UK's.

People here travel far to get back and forth to work.
I make a 35 mile round trip to work everyday.

But that's not the problem.

If we, the USA, were producing out own oil, instead of depending on the monopoly known as OPEC, we could be self sufficient. The 'global market' sets the price of oil according to what speculators think its worth. Just like any other profitable commodity. There's another issue. If a country can produce its own oil and sell it in their own country for cheaper than market value (i.e., Iran, Saudi Arabia)....
Why can't we?

Just take a look at oil prices in oil producing countries.

Then look at your own.
Imagine what we could do if our own gov't didn't suppress the ability to produce our own.
Restrictions, regulations, EPA., etc.

We could do it ourselves.
Cleanly too.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
maybe u should move to Venezuela,
gas is a quarter for a gallon from
Hugo Chavez

and $22.00 a barrel for oil

but he don't take American dollars

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link