It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement of the Attorney General on the Prosecution of the 9/11 Conspirators

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Statement of the Attorney General on the Prosecution of the 9/11 Conspirators

www.justice.gov

Washington, D.C. ~ Monday, April 4, 2011

In November 2009, I announced that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other individuals would stand trial in federal court for their roles in the terrorist attacks on our country on September 11, 2001.

As I said then, the decision between federal courts and military commissions was not an easy one to make.

I began my review of this case with an open mind and with just one goal: to look at the facts, look at the law, and choose the venue where we could achieve swift and sure justice most effectively for the victims of those horrendous attacks and their family members.

After consulting with prosecutors from both the Department of Justice and Department of Defense and after thoroughly studying the case, it became clear to me that the best venue for prosecution was in federal court.

I stand by that decision today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.justice.gov

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role
Ex-MI5Boss: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed waterboarded total 160 times!
White House considers military trial for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished
edit on 4/4/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Seems as if Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is going to trial as a conspirator in the events that lead to 9/11.

Does anyone believe this evidence or does this smack of a Kangaroo Court?

I say with all of the other complict information being hidden it sure smacks of something.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Kangaroo Court

A kangaroo court or kangaroo trial is a colloquial term for a sham legal proceeding or court.

The outcome of a trial by kangaroo court is essentially determined in advance, usually for the purpose of ensuring conviction, either by going through the motions of manipulated procedure or by allowing no defense at all.

A kangaroo court's proceedings deny due process rights in the name of expediency.

Such rights include the right to summon witnesses, the right of cross-examination, the right not to incriminate oneself, the right not to be tried on secret evidence, the right to control one's own defense, the right to exclude evidence that is improperly obtained, irrelevant or inherently inadmissible, e.g., hearsay, the right to exclude judges or jurors on the grounds of partiality or conflict of interest, and the right of appeal.

I say we hear evidence, nay, testimony, from the F.B.I. Agents who were silenced, that had prior knowledge of 9/11.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e09cdc5307b4.jpg[/atsimg]

Otherwise this is nothing but a sham.

www.justice.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/4/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately, since I made that decision, Members of Congress have intervened and imposed restrictions blocking the administration from bringing any Guantanamo detainees to trial in the United States, regardless of the venue. As the President has said, those unwise and unwarranted restrictions undermine our counterterrorism efforts and could harm our national security. Decisions about who, where and how to prosecute have always been – and must remain – the responsibility of the executive branch. Members of Congress simply do not have access to the evidence and other information necessary to make prosecution judgments. Yet they have taken one of the nation’s most tested counterterrorism tools off the table and tied our hands in a way that could have serious ramifications. We will continue to seek to repeal those restrictions.

Can he elaborate on which members of congress?

(Edited my post after rereading article)
edit on 4-4-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
except he already admitted to it and wants to be put to death...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Where 9/11 is concerned what the public wants, they don't get!

If this came to a federal trial, it would probably be kicked out in 5 minutes, that's why it's gone military tribunal. Come on all you sheeple banging on at so called Truthers, this sucks BIG time. What's the excuse for it? I would be interested to hear.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Oh it's still a kangaroo court, but hopefully we'll at least get to see some of the evidence they have against him, and just maybe we'll see how the official story stands up. At least it's not another military tribunal where they can hang the guy without ever sharing a shred of evidence with the outside world.

To bad for the truthers that it's been 10 years in which the military and/or intelligence agencies had to manipulate evidence anyway they see fit.

Somehow I doubt it.

It will be a host of information, but nothing which sheds any light, only covers up the evidence of complictiy.

Too bad for the Truthers?

How about too bad for American's who want the truth?

This is not a thread about Truthers verses Official Story believers.

It is about uncovering the lies sold to us by our Government.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
except he already admitted to it and wants to be put to death...

Was he tortured before he asked for that?

Was he even connected?

Or is this the typical sloppy work on apathetic individuals foisting their bureaucracy off on someone?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

SKL, I had edited my post, I thought he was announcing a federal trial, but he's not, it's still a military tribunal. He's saying that his efforts to bring Khalid to trial in federal court were thwarted by some members of congress;

Unfortunately, since I made that decision, Members of Congress have intervened and imposed restrictions blocking the administration from bringing any Guantanamo detainees to trial in the United States, regardless of the venue. As the President has said, those unwise and unwarranted restrictions undermine our counterterrorism efforts and could harm our national security. Decisions about who, where and how to prosecute have always been – and must remain – the responsibility of the executive branch. Members of Congress simply do not have access to the evidence and other information necessary to make prosecution judgments. Yet they have taken one of the nation’s most tested counterterrorism tools off the table and tied our hands in a way that could have serious ramifications. We will continue to seek to repeal those restrictions.

Which only means the military gets to keep him nice and safely tucked away in Gitmo and the kangaroo court can process un-impeded by facts or truth.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

If this came to a federal trial, it would probably be kicked out in 5 minutes, that's why it's gone military tribunal. Come on all you sheeple banging on at so called Truthers, this sucks BIG time. What's the excuse for it? I would be interested to hear.

Of course not.

That is because 9/11 was nothing more than a Covert Intelligence Fundraiser.

As a means to distract the populace, gain funding for agencies who had funding shut down, and to take the leash off.

There is more evidence of Government involvement than any other person and or organization.

Stop with the nonsense of labeling people "Truthers".

Divisiveness is not needed.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Whether it is a Military Tribunual or Federal Court case it still smacks of nonsense.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Project for the New American Century

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. that lasted from early 1997 to 2006.

It was co-founded as a non-profit educational organization by neoconservatives William Kristol and Robert Kagan.

The PNAC's stated goal was "to promote American global leadership."

Fundamental to the PNAC were the view that "American leadership is both good for America and good for the world" and support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity."

The PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War.

Those involved in the Project for the New American Century are the conspirators.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Of course not.

That is because 9/11 was nothing more than a Covert Intelligence Fundraiser.

As a means to distract the populace, gain funding for agencies who had funding shut down, and to take the leash off.

There is more evidence of Government involvement than any other person and or organization.

Stop with the nonsense of labeling people "Truthers".

Divisiveness is not needed.

I also hate the term Truther, but that's the term that anyone who disagrees with the OV gets saddled with. If you read some of my previous posts relating to 9/11 I have advised people to stop referring to myself as a Truther, but that's the level the deniers go to.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Well, I accept neither the term Truther, or Official Story supporter.

Because I am neither of those.

I see the truth lies between both of those versions.

The evidence of how the events of 9/11 was pulled off is easy to pull together.

It is the intent as to why, following the money, and political power that is important.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It is elements like this that smack of conspiracy within P.N.A.C :

Quote from : Wikipedia : Project for the New American Century : New Pearl Harbor

Section V of Rebuilding America's Defenses, entitled "Creating Tomorrow's Dominant Force", includes the sentence: "Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event––like a new Pearl Harbor" .

Though arguing that Bush administration PNAC members were complicit in those attacks, other social critics such as commentator Manuel Valenzuela and journalist Mark Danner, investigative journalist John Pilger, in New Statesman, and former editor of The San Francisco Chronicle Bernard Weiner, in CounterPunch, all argue that PNAC members used the events of 9/11 as the "Pearl Harbor" that they needed––that is, as an "opportunity" to "capitalize on" (in Pilger's words), in order to enact long-desired plans.

Anyone who knows anything about Pearl Harbor knows we had advance knowledge.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ask the dancing Israeli's and they will tell you they wer there to document the unfolding events. I believe Israel were behind this, probably in collusion with the Cheney's gang.

I bet if Cheney was waterboarded he would admit his guilt in a flash.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It is my sincere hope that, through the actions we take today, we will finally be able to deliver the justice they have so long deserved.
Taken from the original post link, last line.

NO, it is your sincere hope that once the case is closed it will drift off into history. Sorry buddy If we don't stop pushing after ten years for you and the government to admit THEIR crimes we are not going to. We will not drift silently into the night.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I have heard many times about Israel being tied to 9/11.

With the Israeli offices in the Twin Towers being vacated this at the very least points to foreknowledge.

Anyone who had advance knowledge and did nothing to stop it is a traitor to humanity.

And anyone who profited off of the events of 9/11 due to advance knowledge is a traitor to America.

There is far too much evidence showing advance knowledge with bureaucracy stovepiping it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

It is my sincere hope that, through the actions we take today, we will finally be able to deliver the justice they have so long deserved.
Taken from the original post link, last line.

NO, it is your sincere hope that once the case is closed it will drift off into history. Sorry buddy If we don't stop pushing after ten years for you and the government to admit THEIR crimes we are not going to. We will not drift silently into the night.

Like the Warren Commission before it the 9/11 Commission was nothing more than a sham.

It is something Government officials create so as to distance themselves from their actions.

To sideline investigators who will see the connections which are there and show complict actions.

Like how linked the Bush, Al Saud, and Bin Laden family are and how they work together.

Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f75932d4680a.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Steve Coll's Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 offers revealing details of the CIA's involvement in the evolution of the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the years before the September 11 attacks.

From the beginning, Coll shows how the CIA's on-again, off-again engagement with Afghanistan after the end of the Soviet war left officials at Langley with inadequate resources and intelligence to appreciate the emerging power of the Taliban.

He also demonstrates how Afghanistan became a deadly playing field for international politics where Soviet, Pakistani, and U.S. agents armed and trained a succession of warring factions.

At the same time, the book, though opinionated, is not solely a critique of the agency. Coll balances accounts of CIA failures with the success stories, like the capture of Mir Amal Kasi.

Coll, managing editor for the Washington Post, covered Afghanistan from 1989 to 1992.

He demonstrates unprecedented access to records of White House meetings and to formerly classified material, and his command of Saudi, Pakistani, and Afghani politics is impressive.

He also provides a seeming insider's perspective on personalities like George Tenet, William Casey, and anti-terrorism czar, Richard Clarke ("who seemed to wield enormous power precisely because hardly anyone knew who he was or what exactly he did for a living").

Coll manages to weave his research into a narrative that sometimes has the feel of a Tom Clancy novel yet never crosses into excess.

While comprehensive, Coll's book may be hard going for those looking for a direct account of the events leading to the 9-11 attacks.

The CIA's 1998 engagement with bin Laden as a target for capture begins a full two-thirds of the way into Ghost Wars, only after a lengthy march through developments during the Carter, Reagan, and early Clinton Presidencies.

But this is not a critique of Coll's efforts; just a warning that some stamina is required to keep up.

Ghost Wars is a complex study of intelligence operations and an invaluable resource for those seeking a nuanced understanding of how a small band of extremists rose to inflict incalculable damage on American soil.

--Patrick O'Kelley

The Bin Ladens: An Arabian Family in the American Century

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df5dc657613c.jpg[/atsimg]

Publishers Weekly :

The bin Ladens are famous for spawning the world's foremost terrorist and building one of the Middle East's foremost corporate dynasties.

Pulitzer Prize–winner Coll (Ghost Wars) delivers a sprawling history of the multifaceted clan, paying special attention to its two most emblematic members.

Patriarch Mohamed's eldest son, Salem, was a caricature of the self-indulgent plutocrat: a flamboyant jet-setter dependent on the Saudi monarchy, obsessed with all things motorized (he died crashing his plane after a day's joy-riding atop motorcycle and dune-buggy) and forever tormenting his entourage with off-key karaoke.

Coll presents quite a contrast with an unusually nuanced profile of Salem's half-brother Osama, a shy, austere, devout man who nonetheless shares Salem's egomania.

Other bin Ladens crowd Coll's narrative with the eye-glazing details of their murky business deals, messy divorces and ill-advised perfume lines and pop CDs.

Beneath the clutter one discerns an engrossing portrait of a family torn between tradition and modernity, conformism and self-actualization, and desperately in search of its soul.

(April 1) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc.

All rights reserved.

House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4cd113cf2a8.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

The perilous ramifications of the September 11 attacks on the United States are only now beginning to unfold.

They will undoubtedly be felt for generations to come.

This is one of many sad conclusions readers will draw from Craig Unger's exceptional book House of Bush House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties.

As Unger claims in this incisive study, the seeds for the "Age of Terrorism" and September 11 were planted nearly 30 years ago in what, at the time, appeared to be savvy business transactions that subsequently translated into political currency and the union between the Saudi royal family and the extended political family of George H. W. Bush.

On the surface, the claim may appear to be politically driven, but as Unger (a respected investigative journalist and editor) probes--with scores of documents and sources--the political tenor of the U.S. over the last 30 years, the Iran-Iraq War, the war in Afghanistan, the birth of Al Qaeda, the dubious connection between members of the Saudi Royal family and the exportation of terror, and the personal fortunes amassed by the Bush family from companies such as Harken Energy and the Carlyle Group, he exposes the "brilliantly hidden agendas and purposefully murky corporate relationships" between these astonishingly powerful families.

His evidence is persuasive and reveals a devastating story of Orwellian proportions, replete with political deception, shifting allegiances, and lethal global consequences.

Unger begins his book with the remarkable story of the repatriation of 140 Saudis directly following the September 11 attacks.

He ends where Richard A. Clarke begins, questioning the efficacy of the war in Iraq in the battle against terrorism. We are unquestionably facing a global security crisis unlike any before.

President Bush insists that we will prevail, yet as Unger so effectively concludes, "Never before has an American president been so closely tied to a foreign power that harbors and supports our country's mortal enemies."

--Silvana Tropea

Hidden agendas, secret funding, and treason against our nation.

These things are synonomous with the Bush family name.

As well as with the House of Saud.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Exactly and a few hundred more starting with Larry.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

At the end of our indictment appear the names of 2,976 people who were killed in the attacks on that deadly September day nearly ten years ago. Innocent Americans and citizens of foreign countries alike who were murdered by

____________________.

Fill in the blank - however IMO the real perpetrators will never be brought to justice.

Over ten years have passed...

The reasoning behind developing limitation of actions says that the more time that has passed between the incident and the crime, the less evidence there usually is. Evidence has a greater chance of being lost or forgotten as time passes by.

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

edit on 4-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Not unless people with real testicular fortitude step forward.

And I rarely see anyone with any honor these days.

Let alone that amount of intelligence and or testoterone.

<<   2 >>

join