It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have a friend who worked for McDonalds for one day before being dismissed.

He was in the kitchen and saw a tag that said 'Pull Here', so he did.

It was the trigger for the chemical fire suppressant system. They had to close the restuarant for several days to clean up the mess and replace all the equipment that had shorted out as a result.

It's actually pretty impressive that a person from my little corner of the world caused a company as large as MacDonalds to change thier training manual world wide.

Employees may just be minions being ground up by the corporate gears, but YOU can make an impact.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

edit on Mon Apr 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What even is the topic anymore?!?

Oh wait, 50k McJobs being created.

Do you think this is really just a ploy or do you think it is a legit job creation?

Could this be to replace upcoming layoffs of higher paid employees?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Sadly, Micky D's has no desk jobs. I cannot stand for more than about 1/2 hour at a time. And I was all excited when I clicked!

Thanks anyway, OP.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Amazing how many ATSer's that work at MickeyD's. I figured it was close to 80% of all members.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Amazing how many ATSer's that work at MickeyD's. I figured it was close to 80% of all members. [/quote

I did my time there during college. All kidding aside, it was a pretty good job actually.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
McDonals is a pretty s&#t company to work for, I worked there for one day and quit, but it was easy for me to quit as I already had another full time job.

That place stressed me out, take alot of abuse from customers, get covered in grease, wear a stupid hat and work with boring mindless robots who's goal in life is getting their next gold star.

Not worth the hassel for minimum wage, which at the end of the week does not cover the high cost of living.

Well that was my experiance at McDonalds anyway. Never again.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

That's the problem right there !!!!

Unemployment is better than a job you may think is below you. If I need work I would take the job and suck it up.
I wouldn't like a 15 year old bossing me around but I would do it to support myself and my family.

No matter how many jobs are out there people will turn them down to stay home and collect unemployment.

That mentality is very sad.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wow, this thread exploded.... lol

Im glad mods are still on top of "off topic" posts lol

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: Was being facetious

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

That means no belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

YOU are responsible for your own posts
edit on Mon Apr 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Wow it only took 9 pages for a mod to step in and put an end to the nonsense!!! But I have to admit that this one time I went through the drivethru at Mcdonalds and got shafted a 8 piece nugget but never had the time to go back in and complain, then this other time I went through I got an extra big mac for free and never said anything about it. So I guess yall better report me as I seem to be on the thief list as well. But I will let you track down the location lmao!!! But sorry op as I don't think I would ever take a job at mcdonalds as I can't stand their food personally I am more a Wendy's man myself. And I couldn't sell something I hate.
edit on 4-4-2011 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

Thanks for sharing.. I have totally noticed all of the things at McDonalds..

Granted I haven't ate at a McDonalds in almost a year.. and before that it was a year. Basically I havent in any regular sense eaten their food in about 6 years..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I would work there but, I boycotted McDonalds years ago when I discovered the food is play dough.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
1.5 million people work for McD's. To add a few (50k) is roughly their turnover rate. It's all PR, and TPTB, OMG, 50k new jobs. Yeah, stats. Obama gets to claim he created 50k plus new jobs, but the stats don't care that they were minimum wage jobs that were there to be had anyway. We have to staff our Mickey D's so we can eat our greasy burgers.

Halt. McDonald's is in business BECAUSE people eat their food. They are a billion dollar industry for a reason. The average american is too lazy to cook dinner, so it's eat out at McD's. It's also a good fallback if you forget your lunch at home. ANY FAST FOOD CHAIN has revenue. It's all about the money.

No, it's REALLY about millions of people being HUNGRY. 2 dollars on the value menu will get you a burger and fries. People need to eat, and if they don't all chaos breaks loose. McD's keeps the economy functioning, and without them, people would starve.

Starvation. The lack of people being able to provide themselves with food. No McD's, riots and panic. Imagine if McD's went out of business. OMG.

Imagine if the grid went out and McD's had no power to produce their food. Riots and panic.

Reality folks. We live on a VERY thin line of functioning and chaos.

But, the McRib was the best darn thing ever!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join