It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
I believe that the OP is actually a Djinn in disguise trying to trick us.

I am the author of this post and I say this is a fact. Therefore it is a fact. ^__^

I'm sorry, I had a moment of weakness and I couldn't help myself. On topic though, what you are saying is what's known in debating circles as "circular logic". It's a rookie mistake.
edit on 4-4-2011 by thepixelgarden because: (no reason given)

You are not a credible verifiable source like Muhammad. Therefore your post has been debunked.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

No one has disproven the chapter in the koran in reference to what I am talking about using credibile verifiable historic scholars work that disprove that specific chapter in the koran. Muhammed saw something that we do not see today.

There are many things that have not been dis proven by historical scholars, in fact there are a plethora of youtube videos that historic scholars haven't dis proven..........does that make them true?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muza1875

lol are you for real? weirdo

What is incorrect about my statement?

lol at this

You can laugh all you want, you still have not disproven anything.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

These posts you make actuly hurts to read. The fact you can spread this nonsens again and again makes you an idiot.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

No one has disproven the chapter in the koran in reference to what I am talking about using credibile verifiable historic scholars work that disprove that specific chapter in the koran. Muhammed saw something that we do not see today.

There are many things that have not been dis proven by historical scholars, in fact there are a plethora of youtube videos that historic scholars haven't dis proven..........does that make them true?

A billion people have not seen this youtube video that you claim and been analyzed for thousands of years time.
edit on 5-4-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide

These posts you make actuly hurts to read. The fact you can spread this nonsens again and again makes you an idiot.

You must provide evidence of it being nonsense. It is in the koran, and no one has disproven the chapter. You must also stop namecalling.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
you say that they are demons but all I see here that we are the real demons. Using a so called"Holy" book for so much bloodshed. You know, I don't quite care what is written in those books. I've never read them, too much bloodshed for "holy" books.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

I don't know how to respond to that, since I'm not sure which one of my comments it is you are speaking about.....Could you explain just what comment of mine, that you are specifically critiquing?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HANDFULxOFxDUST
no matter what anyone brings to the plate, professional will just dismiss it... even if a ufo landed, got out, lubed up his little grey hand and bitch slapped him then showed him the universe he'd still dismiss it. religion has got all bases covered.

control.

God could come out from the sky right now and burn a hole through your empty head and you'd still deny his existence.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Muhammaed has been documented and verified by numerous historians and scholars. He saw something that science cannot prove today. Any harebrained ideas or claims put forth by anyone on this board such as space camels must be backed by documented verifiable scholars and historian accounts. There are more accounts of demons visiting earth than of Aliens.

I wasn't critiquing Muslim beliefs, but instead I was critiquing your comment, which was making use of logical fallacy';
As for more demons than Aliens, I don't think that this really proves anything. Also in recent history reports of seeing actual "demons" are quite rare in most civilized countries. You can make the argument that we simply interpret Demons today as Aliens....but honestly how can you not just as easily assume that perhaps the "Demons" of yesteryear were always Aliens, but ancient people had no way to reference their experience in the proper way.....So they interpreted these aliens as Demons.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

You really have a hard time with the concept of logical fallacies don't you? Here let me try to explain this simple concept to you....Lets replace the Koran with a photograph of a figure standing in a shadow for this example. Now if I show you a photograph of the figure and say to you "I am telling you that I took a picture of Keanu Reeves.....prove that this photograph is not Keanu....if you cannot do so, then it is indeed true and it is an absolute fact that this is a real photograph of Keanu Reeves!" would I be speaking a true statement there?
Well as any halfway bright schoolboy who has taken a single class on the subject of logical deduction would be able to answer this with a very definitive NO. Not being able to conclusively prove something does not make the opposing idea to what is being proven any more or less valid. All this does is show that it is not possible to conclusively disprove the identity of the person in the photograph with the current information at hand. There are a myriad of other possibilities......the photographer could have been mistaken about the person's identity when he took the photo, or the photographer could even be lying about the person's identity outright.....after all even if one cannot prove a lie has been told, this does not mean that the truth has been told.

here is why it was a fail with more manners. loads of crazy things happen in these books it is just stupid to believe a full story because it has some good life tips and truths mixed in it. just take the provable things and keep the rest till its proven correct

en.wikipedia.org...

you fail because your logic is weak

now you provide a link to show me how i'm gay or not.

edit on 5/4/11 by Aceofclubs because: bout the gay thing

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Who exactly are all these learned historical scholars that you keep saying have never debunked the koran?

Give me a few names and we'll take it from there.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I was just trying to think of that myself. What research could they have done to prove the koran to be false or not?

Someone help me out here
I think I'm missing something.

link   

Who exactly are all these learned historical scholars that you keep saying have never debunked the koran?

I don't know the names but their are numerous scholars of various religions such as those who study the vatican, the pope etc. You can google these scholars if you so chose. I am not required to provide you with scholar as I am not a scholar on this subject matter.

link   

You must provide evidence of it being nonsense. It is in the koran, and no one has disproven the chapter. You must also stop namecalling.

Why must he provide evidence?

You haven't provided any to back up your claims!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Argyll

I was just trying to think of that myself. What research could they have done to prove the koran to be false or not?

Someone help me out here
I think I'm missing something.

Point being, the scholars who studied such subject matter have not found disparites in muhammads writings etc. They would have called him a liar on the spot and his works would have never lasted beyond 30 days.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Why must he provide evidence?

You haven't provided any to back up your claims!

I have provide a historical source: the koran. He has not disproven the chapter

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

now you provide a link to show me how i'm gay or not.

edit on 5/4/11 by Aceofclubs because: bout the gay thing

Hmmm. I like a challenge....Ok, then tell me what you think of when you watch this video: www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Forced to by Cthulu

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't know the names but their are numerous scholars of various religions such as those who study the vatican, the pope etc. You can google these scholars if you so chose. I am not required to provide you with scholar as I am not a scholar on this subject matter.

What do you mean "you don't have the names"!!

That is the basis of your argument!....."that various historical scholars have proven that the chapter you refer to is true, because they haven't been able to debunk it"!!

with that one post you have blown all your credibility I'm afraid, as it proves that you have done zero research, and operate on nothing but blind faith.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

There are hundreds of scholars and I am not required to know the names of the scholars. If you want to disprove it, do the research yourself.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join