It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Facts You (Probably) Never Knew About the Moon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro

9. Hollow Moon:

The moon’s mean density is 3.34 gm/cm3 (3.34 times an equal volume of water) whereas the Earth’s is 5.5. What does this mean? In 1962, NASA scientist Dr. Gordon MacDonald stated, "If the astronomical data are reduced, it is found that the data require that the interior of the moon is more like a hollow than a homogeneous sphere." Nobel chemist Dr. Harold Urey suggested the moon’s reduced density is because of large areas inside the moon where is "simply a cavity." MIT’s Dr. Sean C. Solomon wrote, "the Lunar Orbiter experiments vastly improved our knowledge of the moon’s gravitational field . . . indicating the frightening possibility that the moon might be hollow." In Carl Sagan’s treatise, Intelligent Life in the Universe, the famous astronomer stated, "A natural satellite cannot be a hollow object."

9. Lunar Core:

The moon possesses a solid, iron-rich inner core with a radius of nearly 150 miles and a fluid, primarily liquid-iron outer core with a radius of roughly 205 miles. Where it differs from Earth is a partially molten boundary layer around the core estimated to have a radius of nearly 300 miles. The research indicates the core contains a small percentage of light elements such as sulfur, echoing new seismology research on Earth that suggests the presence of light elements -- such as sulfur and oxygen -- in a layer around our own core. The moon possesses a solid, iron-rich inner core with a radius of nearly 150 miles and a fluid, primarily liquid-iron outer core with a radius of roughly 205 miles. Where it differs from Earth is a partially molten boundary layer around the core estimated to have a radius of nearly 300 miles. The research indicates the core contains a small percentage of light elements such as sulfur, echoing new seismology research on Earth that suggests the presence of light elements -- such as sulfur and oxygen -- in a layer around our own core.
www.nasa.gov...

It's no longer 1962!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Condemned0625

Out of all the moons out there in space, why is ours a spacecraft? Also why is a spacecraft made up of rock's?

Just to entertain the idea don't you find that bit of a dumb question? Really think about it for a moment. Common sense should be kickin in.

And if it hasn't. Why would the moon be made of rocks if it was a space ship? hmm I guess so the supposed et's could work undercover incognito. Out of all the moons in the solar system why is ours a space ship? Hmm well if et's are working incognito above a planet with intelligent life I guess they wouldn't need to hide themselves amongst the other planets now would they?

Again just entertaining the idea.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Try not to think of it as a "ship"...

Maybe it's a counterbalance to enable life to evolve as planned. Without a counterbalance on our engine's crankshaft, our car's engines would vibrate to pieces. Or, maybe it is all just chance

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
And yet, with all of this... We've not gone back. In fact we've laid down our space program.

Star and flag for the thread, some very interesting stuff!

Of couse we stopped the moon program do you know how many bombs we can make with the money
we have saved by not going there
We have terrorist to kill and going to the moon will not do that or make the same amount of money

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by milano

Well I never said it was a space ship. Or proclaim to belive it. However I do believe there is alot we don't know. And one of them is the explanation of our solar system. Untill all theories are replaced with fact no one really knows what their talking about.

For an example your talking about darwin theories. Right or wrong it hasnt been proven and it hasn't been dismissed. Creation theory samething. So all the arguements around the world are just people who love to argue. Sure we can argue one way or another anyone can. But whose got their mouth shut and actually finding out which way it actually is?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thank you sooo much for posting this thread!! Best thread ever. I'm not saying that the moon is a space ship. You guess is just as good as mine, but something is very weird and interesting about the moon more then we all have thought. This goes back to the thread "The moon is an artificial space ship," and half the people on there argued with me on half the facts that this thread just proved. Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

makes you wish you could send in an artificial fly to cling to the wall where they have their "secret"
meetings and record some juicy tidbits concerning astronomical facts. sorry, could not resist.
even if somebody leaked something, who'd believe 'em?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow interesting facts! I've always thought the moon was too perfectly
Round to be a natural occurrence. Does anyone know what the deepest
Point on the moon is? We can see crater impacts but no mountains or canyons.
What if it is a craft that is covered in space dust and impact debris? Does
Anyone else find it odd that we moved mountains to get there, only to never
Return again? What if they realized during the landings that it was a craft and
Not a natural moon. The implications of a discovery of that magnitude would
Astronomical. Why else would we not have returned to the moon? Just doesn't
Add up....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ya'll crazy everybody knows that the moon is a old space ship that was put in orbit around this planet, for some reason or another, of which I can't disclose because it's super duper top secret. How that for a crazy theory? NO not crazy enough, how about this then. OK not only is the moon a manufactured spaceship, but it wasn't even made in this galaxy, and not only that, it was not made even in this universe.
How about them apples, bet you all didn't know that, did you.

OK ok, theres only one way to find out if the moon is a spaceship or not or to find out if it's hollow and what its composition is, or if it has aliens living in it. We need to go up there with some heavy drilling equipment and drill a hole in the moon till we reach the hollow parts or the center, then drop some cameras in there to see whats up, and just for good measure we can also drop some small bombs in there, you know just to see what happens. That should get the aliens attention me thinks, if there are aliens up there that is.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
These aren't a list of facts at all.
Misleading title, its largely built of speculation based on zero evidence to back it up.
Strange theories you (Probably) never knew about the Moon is a better title.
Interesting theories but again certainly not fact.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've been compiling some data that I've acquired throughout this thread. I've come to some startling conclusions. I'd like for all of you to take a look at this factual piece of evidence I've put together. Be gentle.

i.imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

edit on 2-4-2011 by Donoso because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Apr 3 2011 by Jbird because: Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In reality, the Moon looks much like a Desert here on Earth, complete with patches of grass and an atmosphere:

i.imgur.com...

This image has been heavily scrutinized by the greatest minds in the universe, and even they could not believe their eyes.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There's nothing new here that hasn't been covered by the author of Moongate, William Brian.

Amazon
Wiki

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjleonid12
This thread is absolutely amazing. This simply just proves that the Moon might be an artificial object, brought here many years ago, by who knows who.. Very good thread. Thnx A LOT.

How can you "prove" a "might be"?

So you think this thread "proves" that the moon "might" be artificial, brought here "many years ago"......and you have no idea who brought it here?

methinks you need to think about this a little bit more.

Whilst the OP is interesting in a conspiratorial way.....there are very little facts, and hardly any science involved, merely suppositions and personal theories.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Wow interesting facts! I've always thought the moon was too perfectly Round to be a natural occurrence.

Really?.....what do you make of all the other planets in our solar system?........they all look pretty round to me!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I think the simplest and most logical explanation is that it was an ET craft brought to our solar system probably for some reasons we can't fathom as well as others we can for eg. observation base. Its going to take an extraordinary amount of evidence to convince me its a highly improbable natural coincidence.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Can anyone scientifically explain to me why the Moon isn't an spaceship or anchor placed in the orbit around Earth? Many want proof that it is. Can I see some proof that it isn't?

It is impossible to prove a negative.

Arguing from ignorance

However, if I were to try...
I would say the complete lack of any structures confirmed to be artificial, pretty much proves it.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Majal

Are you saying the image in your post is an image of the moon?....or are you just taking the p*ss?

ETA I think you are yanking a few chains......yes?......my mistake

edit on 2/4/2011 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I think the simplest and most logical explanation is that it was an ET craft brought to our solar system probably for some reasons we can't fathom as well as others we can for eg. observation base. Its going to take an extraordinary amount of evidence to convince me its a highly improbable natural coincidence.

Unbelievable!

out of the two scenarios:
(a) an unusual natural occurrence in an infinite universe

(b) an ET space craft shipped in for no reason that you can fathom

you choose (b)??......really?......why?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Are you saying the image in your post is an image of the moon?....or are you just taking the p*ss?

It should be obvious that the image is of the Moon, since you can see moon rocks everywhere. Prove that it's not.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join