It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP WANTED: $5000/day (Fukushima radiation detector)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I cant find any posted articles but ABC news (GMA) reported this morning the Fukushima Nuclear Utility is hiring for the "World's Most Dangerous Job" as Front Line Radiation Detector at $5000 US equivalent Per Day. Apprarently there is some attrition at the utlity and most will not do this for their meager salary. It is a likely Death Sentence (certainly would lower your life expectations)....would anyone take that job that is not a japanese utility worker? Also has anyone seen this in print so we can post a link?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I would do it for free, to save mankind would be an honour and the people doing this need to be honoured.
Ofcourse Im not going to go in without any knowledge that what Im doing is beneficail.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

For $5000 per day NET, I would happily do this job for the rest of the summer, and then retire for good! I may only live 30 more years, but since I wouldn't have to work anymore, it would be a productive 30 years!

By "NET" I mean that I want top notch equipment on their dime, not mine, and I don't want to pay taxes or living expenses from the money.

If they fly me there, give me top notch protection, and pay me that salary tax-free, I would do it in a heartbeat. Someone find the link please!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And on those terms, I'd be more than happy to join you!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The Fukushima Fifty are True Heroes....they responded to the crisis and didnt ask for a raise (but then they were already there on scene and under the employ of the utility at the time). What did the fictional characters (the deepwater oil drillers) get in the movie, Armageddon?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
hmmm, i couldnt find anything, but as a robot builder (i follow the robot blogs) i do know that a radiation detecting robot has been sent in that can be controlled from 1km away, and that american drones are being used to monitor the site.
they only need to place a remote sensor near by to detect the output, so i dont see a need to have a person just for that job.. but i look forward to seeing the article if someone finds it.
crasar.org...
www.engadget.com...

edit, i dont for a minute think that the people on the ground arnt heros by the way, and many will need to be deployed to seal up the breaches at some stage, so dont take my post the wrong way

edit on 29-3-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Loved that part of the movie!

They wanted to know who killed Kennedy, some amnesty for some previous offenses, never pay taxes again....ever. I can't remember them all, but those were some of my favorites!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hi, I can't find the source to prove my comments yet I'll try to this later on. On french T.V. yesterday on a mainstream channel they told us that the guys throwing water on the Fukushima reactors who, are sub-contractors and not Tepco employees only get a 15 euro bonus per day for their efforts! Either way, no price can be put on this work.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

A robot would be the best choice, all things considered, especially when you take into account the value of a human life. But a robot would likely have to be controlled by a human anyway to go to certain areas. A human can likely access areas that a robot could not get into (ie over high debris).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Where do I sign up? any links for job disc and where to get apps.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This will likely end up in a movie also...a cross between The China Syndrome and Armageddon. It would probably focus on the disasaters (EQ, Tsunami then Nuclear Accident) but the people factor should not be overlooked - especially the Fuku 50.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Looks like it is time to start the old de Havilland Beaver plane, start picking up members around the country to assemble the H-ATS-MAT NBC Cleanup Crew.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AB173-1970

I have tried several searches on the interest (GOOG, etc) but it hasnt shown up yet but I did hear it directly on ABC's Good Morning America when they were covering the Japan Nuclear Crisis. It is probably on a japanese site and not picked up by Google yet (translation required).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by sprocket2cog

A robot would be the best choice, all things considered, especially when you take into account the value of a human life. But a robot would likely have to be controlled by a human anyway to go to certain areas. A human can likely access areas that a robot could not get into (ie over high debris).

Yes i agree, but untill i can see a article i go on the stuff ive seen, and so far a robot has been deployed

the cost to human life is already to high..
also found this article about concrete spraying robots, the company that helped at Chernobyl is also at japans site
robotland.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Just Hire a Nasa spacesuit.

No problems with radiation anymore

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That BP oil spill has definitely affected your brain..............I think we need to bring you in for testing as a "case" study..................

edit on 29-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I would if i was terminal anyway and had no family to speak of.
I would then leave all of my money to a charity in the event i died.
Now off to search for a "WORTHY" charity, that is the hard part.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

LOL!

I don't know how I've made it this long! Somewhere around 20 car crashes (lost count), a private plane "incident" not quite a crash, but almost, many trips in the backs of police cars, luckily none serious, been shot at several times, knifed a couple, missing a tooth from a cowboy with a pipe, confiscated a couple of baseball bats, BBQ'd in neighborhoods that I really didn't belong, in houses that were shot up the very next weekend, morotcycles, 4x4s, barroom brawls and more. Blew myself up once with a gasline, hotwater tank, and some paint thinners (that one cost me a couple of weeks in a burn unit and a year of therapy). I grew up where you are now Clouds, right on the edge of the Picher, OK Superfund Site, lead in the water, played in the chatpiles and sinkholes, etc., etc.

Despite all of that, I have never had a cavity or a broken bone, but I've had hundreds and hundreds of stitches. Now I know how to do them myself.

Whats a little oil and radiation to a guy like me? I've had worse for free!

edit on 29-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Well if all those things didn't get ya........maybe the plutonium will..........

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I would do it... Especially if nirbiru or comet elenin is coming soon... Who cares? Live it up!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join