It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members are being played like a fiddle... Dance! ATS Dance!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Originally posted by SLAYER69
However are many of us arguing a point of view because we truly think and know we are right or is it simply EGO?

If you're an honest broker, does the motivation really matter?

Whenever you post- even out of ego- there is always the chance someone will come along and make you see the error of your ways or some additional truth.

If you are open to that, then it doesn't really matter what made you post a reply or author a thread. In fact, many of my threads are about netting additional information from the membership...or sometimes just to see how crazy my thinking really is on something..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

This thread isn't really about one specific situation, the ME was just an example. Whichever side we are on of any given issue it could be anything really.

We hop on this or that band wagon and they say jump and we jump without asking how high

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Yes, it's impossible to not notice. The dividers and haters seem to be hard at it. Is it orchestrated or just a sign of the times is the question. It's damn hard to not get sucked into it. It's also easy to wonder if there is some orchestration to it, as it's all over the social media, not just at ATS.

It's not new though and I wonder if it's cyclical in nature. The last I remember in my lifetime that the country or the world was this divided was perhaps during the later half of the 1960's which was a horrible time and a good time all at the same time, because it led to many good changes. The process was very mean and messy though.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I feel that , the WTF feeling you are posting about. I think we are seeing the work of the Anti-Christ as he is the puppet master and is removing the current leaders in these Arab countries cause he knows he will never get any of them to do his bidding the way he wants. They have all got to comfortable in their chairs so to say and he wants these nations to unite against Israel now, not later.

Out with the old and in with the new dictators loyal to him only.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I imagine I would be a gadfly if I was to express my opposition to the ideas in this post.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I firmly believe we normal citizens all around the world should-[ KILL ALL SOLDIERS EVERYWHERE]- and evaporate any country who has a army. Make Being a soldier illegal in the world . Kill any citizen who plans to join 1 --should take care of war in about a week---NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Somebody post a thread on it and see the responce and shock from all the sheeple--please somebody post a new thread -lets see

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Responding to the OP without having read all this stuff...

Maybe the fact that there is lots of competing info and different voices colliding is a sign of health and vigorous debate? I'd be more worried if a single view was enforced and all dissent was banned, as on some boards.

I'd also like to add: One of the big problems is there is more than one "right" way to do things much of the time, but all these various "good ideas" are incompatible. I'm convinced we could have a good society run according to conservative ideals, a good society run according to liberal ideals, a bad society run according to conservative ideals, and a bad society run according to liberal ideals.

We are like a group standing at the equator trying to decide whether to go east or west to reach the other side of the globle. Either way would be fine if we set out on a course and started tramping, but instead you have half the members of the group angrily lurching eastward, the other half pulling westward, and nothing happens.

edit on 24-3-2011 by Tarnished Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I just had to say something.
We members [no matter which side] make our arguments and draw the proverbial line in the sand.

Isn't this exactly what those who are trying to manipulate us want?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf50a48fe379.gif[/atsimg]

Snuggles up to Slayer and whispers
"To be honest, I really don't think they give a *&%# about what we post here, Sometimes we little people give ourselves waaaay too much credit that they care what our thoughts are"

Seriously, I do believe they have more manipulations and shenanigans to deal with in the real world, than the bi partisan postings of us basement dwellers.......

I know, I know saying they dont care about what we say hurts......
LOL

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm only seeing alot....I mean ALOT of hysteria springing up recently.

WW3, end of the world etc.

maybe this will continue and increase until Jan 2013, I don't know.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I hear but not just us here at ATS but all over...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Snuggles up to Slayer and whispers
"To be honest, I really don't think they give a *&%# about what we post here,

LOL

Ok, that's sexy talk.

I'm just a dirty boy. I know. i love it when girls swear with snuggles.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My way of thinking is quite simple - Actions Speak Louder Than Words - Don't listen to the words it's all lies - watch the actions like you would on a chess board and you'll see all the peices being moved and have a pretty good guess at what direction they're moving in.

Like Jessie says 'Follow The Money' who own the chess board?

Follow The Actions and never take your eye off them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Snuggles are my weak-spot.....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I understand I am on a conspiracy site, but this takes the cake for me.

No offense to you, but what you're essentially presuming is that "TPTB" or some "dubious" force is forcing us to...... argue, talk about, and observe world events?

How dare they

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
"To be honest, I really don't think they give a *&%# about what we post here, Sometimes we little people give ourselves waaaay too much credit that they care what our thoughts are"

You know? Your RIGHT...time for me to go cut the grass, paint the house, pluck some weeds, sharpen my swords, sweep the cobwebs out of my tents... you know important stuff

Thanks for setting me straight

edit on 24-3-2011 by zorgon because: PHAGE has been ABDUCTED by ALIENS

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jewston

No, they don't force us to pick our sides...

yet we do.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Absolutely played like a banjo

I have to admit i have seen and heard some incredible acusations from members i thought was fairly clued up and it was such a shame to see them let conspiracy's & propaganda cloud the mind and make them believe out right lies, i couldn't believe they had bought it, what has happened in the past few week has taught me some lessons and has made me realise conspiracy theorists will never be happy even if they was told the absolute truth they would never be happy, and its such a shame because innocent people are dying, if we don't act and succeed the world has no hope, then the right thing to do will always be a no go, then evil has won

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, I didn't read through all the posts , but the OP made me think of what I saw on CNN today. There was a story about Libya and how the rebels were outnumbered but did considerable damage to one of Gaddafi's buildings. They story went on to say how this man was a HERO because it of his unselfish act of becoming a suicide bomber to blow this building up.
I was floored. I couldn't believe the news was praising this man for being a suicide bomber. I in no way agree or support what Gaddafi is doing (AT ALL) but terrorism is terrorism - I guess it just matters what side you are on.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Praising suicide bombers, as long as their "one of ours" huh? Also interesting is this article praising (well, Sarkozy mostly) for pushing the Libyan agenda.

The French: 'Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys' no more

Catchy title, no? The French are getting their kudos for not being pacifists, this go round.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sadly that is one of the funniest insults I have ever seen in my life. Sorry
just wow, not great journalism, but wow.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join