It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members are being played like a fiddle... Dance! ATS Dance!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I just had to say something.

I'm using the present unfolding ME situation simply as an example

We have been watching all the various aspects of the ongoing ME crises unfolding before our eyes followed by many threads being posted in either the Breaking Alternative News and or Middle East Issues forums. I cant shake the feeling that there may be some dubious forces [Not necessarily ATS members] who are trying to play us for fools. We scurry about dutifully posting threads and replies on the subject with our slant or post our opinions. Playing right into their hands.

I know many of the topics are highly bipartisan and politically charged internally here in the US as well as international opinions [Both Pro and Con] It seems that many stories and threads are thrown about with accusations and counter accusations, claims and counter claims etc. [More so than usual IMO].

My question is this...

Has anybody else noticed this? I'm not attempting to single anyone out. We all have a right to post our opinions and make our arguments. That goes without saying. Take the recent ME issues regarding Libya, Egypt and now Syria. Or [ insert your favorite non related issues here ] We seem to be inundated with threads of claims and counter claims. One week it's a Wests failure when they don't assist then when they do get involved it's a crime and all about the oil etc. Meanwhile people are dying and being massacred.

I had to step back and take a deep breath. We pride ourselves and boast Deny Ignorance meanwhile every few seconds we see a new thread or a link provided with this or that version of Propaganda both Pro and Con. We members [no matter which side] make our arguments and draw the proverbial line in the sand.

Isn't this exactly what those who are trying to manipulate us want?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf50a48fe379.gif[/atsimg]

It's about securing BP oil contracts, if you want to know the truth regarding the Libyan conflict. -dafi was wavering after making a deal with the UK over releasing the PA103 bomber. Other than that it's about destabilizing a region so oil can be driven up on the N.Y. Merc. The Koch brothers make their base bread and butter from oil for example. Also some ME countries were becoming shacking when it comes to "The Agreement" That is western intel assets assist in keeping ME oil producing regimes in power by keeping a close eye on internal groups that work counter to any regime in question interests. Such as undermining their positions of ownership, control, over the political power structure. Disinformation and disruption opps of any and all groups that work to undermine their government leaders positions of power are delt with on a counter opp level. They work it just like the FBI worked COINTELPRO back some 40 years ago here in the U.S.. The payment for that is the oil regimes are to maintain trading their oil on the open market in USDs. With that they must continually feed the Discount Window at the FED with savings the harvest from their OPEC racket in artificially propping up energy prices and extra profits on top of that received from rigging speculative markets.

The ME countries forgot about that protection deal a few years back and slowed down their deposits in the FED member banks that feed the Discount Window. That created the housing collapse and a subsequent domino effect throughout the economy that resulted in a collapse of the stock market. The rest of the economy as a whole in general in other words.

They slowed down their deposits because people were flipping houses, and were artificially causing home prices to bubble. They simply pulled the plug on that. A lot of western elites are mad now because they lost a bunch of money in the economic collapse so now it's payback time for all these ME regimes.

That's the real story.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
PS Is western intel did not cause, enable the political upheaval in the ME to begin with -daif man of Libya would not had been placed in a position to put down a rebellion. There would be no NATO intervention in Libya right now. At the root of this matter are a collective of western elite financiers like E. Rothschild. What is going to eventually happen is like the West demands ME leaders to step down, Russia and China one day will demand the western financier crowd, the investment banking moguls to vacate their positions of influence, OR ELSE. The else is WW3. And China and Russia would win that one. Right now they shadow every single nuke sub the west has in the sea. That means their weapons systems are ineffective. They can sink an entire aircraft fleet within minutes. They have popped up within our fleets undetected to say to the West here we are, all the time.

I live near a coastline, I see U.S. Coast Guard patrol choppers fly over on a regular bases. I know the reality is one day there will be Mil Mi-24ers flying those sorties one day IF we don't deal with the investment banking community ourselves. We need to bar the current investment banking crowed from participating in their current careers. They can take orders at Mickey D's. It's that or WW3.

I report, you decide.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm independent.

Parties are for fun, not for making decisions that affect my life and everyone else as well.

I like a line from of all movies, the matrix, for this thread.

"It is the world, that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth".

And that is exactly what it is. Race, Religion, Sexual Preference, Partisan affiliation, Class, Education. All of it.

I made this distinction for myself in 1998, right after I read this book.

"Propaganda" is a 1928 book by Edward Bernays. It argued that the scientific manipulation of public opinion was necessary to overcome chaos and conflict in society.

Immediately after reading Propaganda thanks to Google books free library, I was talking with a friend who gave me another great book.

G. Edward Griffin's The Creature from Jekyll Island. Once I read that book, I was introduced to another book.

Noam Chomsky's Pirates and Emperors, Old and New: International Terrorism and the Real World.

I have read many other books of course, but I think if you take those three books, and you read them in that order as a series, you get an immediate understanding of how and why "The world is being pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth".

I know there are many people who despise Chomsky, but I've always felt that one thing you can't accuse him of is shying away from the truth, even if he doesn't like what that truth may imply or result in.

What was really interesting to me, was going from those three books to Steven Levitts Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything.

That really stirred the pot for me and I began researching the French Revolution with the convocation of the Estates-General.

All that leaves me where I am now. Utterly convinced that the America I thought I grew up in, was a sham, and trying to redirect the education of my sons so that they will be prepared for what I am sure will be a rather distopian future.

I totally agree with your assertions.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Name ONE thing one f-ing thing ATS members have gotten right........waiting.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I think it's more than safe to say you are exactly the type of person I am pointing out.
Peace, and take you meds....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius

You're a troll...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Examples for your trolling pleasure:

Part 1

Part 2

Now, stop being an ass and try learning something while you're here.

edit on 28-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Look like somebody got themselves banned.

It is about time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Yeah but if we took action we would all end up dead in the road

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Where is ATS's collective focus aimed and what do we COLLECTIVELY hope to achieve?

To see the world through others eyes and have honest discourse about those perceptions is an achievement in and of it's self.

Agree, disagree or otherwise, we as individuals are given the opportunity to think and reason beyond our own limited views and experiences.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know it is sort of contrary to the point you are making here SLAYER, but I personally like the proverbial "line in the sand". This at least shows what side I am on.

I for one do not want a one world, lovey dovey, all working together society. Have you seen some of the people out there?!?!? I would rather stand with a small group of friends, family and believers than be lead into a new tower of babel.

2 CORINTHIANS 16:17
"Wherefore come out from among them, and BE YE SEPARATE, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

JAMES 4:4
"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the FRIENDSHIP of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

At least I am on one side of a fence, instead of straddling it...that can be painful.

edit on 5-4-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join