It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about North Carolina?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
wasn't to sure where to post this, so if a mod could...move it to the right forum.

i keep seeing all these nifty things going on all over the world, and even here in the US such as protests, revolutions, amazing ufo sightings in Jerusalem (and i dont give a F$#K what any of you say. that wasnt a hoax.), fissures and cracks being formed in various locals, earthquakes, signs of america collapsing, the super moon, the two suns phenomenon, and so on...

but what about North Carolina? are us nice folks who live here in some type of utopia in the Piedmont where nothing ever happens? for example: the super moon...it wasnt so super. it was no bigger than the moon normally is. the only thing here that even closely resembles america collapsing is the lack of work and the number of homeless wondering around (at least here in Raleigh) and the superbly arrogant cops. oh and also the daily chem trails in the sky (before anyone calls that fake, understand i KNOW what a cloud looks like. thank you.)

so anyone here on ats that lives in North Carolina have any interesting stories (preferably those of you with pictures and videos...i dont care to much for "well one day 20 years ago i was driving and..." stories).

if you do, please share. id like to think that there is more to this state then quiet happiness, universities, and the occasional metal concert (oh how i do love our metal concerts)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm from the Carolinas myself...and there's not really a whole lot to report here. We don't have earthquakes, don't live in tornado alley, don't have tsunamis or mudslides. Heck, we don't even have awesomely poisonous critters running around.

Granted, all this peace and quiet has me expecting us in the Carolinas to have a 50 foot tidal wave on top of a 9.9 earthquake and then be hit a week later by a hurricane the size of Alaska just any time now. We're well overdue for some really nasty stuff from Mother Nature.
edit on 22-3-2011 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
pray Nascar continues forever!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

i can see a massive hurricane happening, but i think that would generally only effect the folks on the coast and the closest fault line that could cause a tidal wave is well...out by spain. maybe we are just doomed to live in normality here lol. aliens dont even like visiting us

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This website will tell you the last earthquake for North Carolina was last Wednesday.... So all is not really quiet there as much as you think.... I am in Alabama and feel the same way about things happening in my area but when you look at the earth... things are happening all around us...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bmck12

but that was a 2.3! lol thats not very nifty. id imagine a 2.3 isnt even very...noticeable unless youre RIGHT on top of it and even still you'd probably like...wtf? then shrug it off

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Live in N.C. Too! Nothing ever happens where I live. I just posted this on another thread. It was about when I was complaining so much at my work place about the high humidity we have here in the mid Atlantic.. A man who had moved down from the north said to me. " You live in Paradise and I love it here!"

Nothing to report but beautiful skies and warm weather today and people all around mowing their yards.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

There's only one thing wrong with North Carolina.

It isn't Virginia.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The New Madrid Fault line is actually very active at this time.... granted they may be rather small shocks but they are still shocks to say the least... Just trying to let ya know you aren't alone, nothing happens here in Alabama either that I can attest too..... But that can be a good thing at times....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

and what makes Virginia better than North Carolina? hmmm....???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

I also live in NC, near Seymour Johnson AFB. I often wonder if an enemy were to strike on US soil, what priority this AFB would be to "knock out" with missles. I don't think it is anywhere near being top on the list, yet it's still a concern. Also, Fort Bragg is not too far away, either.
One good thing about living here are the good ole boys, about everyone I know has guns and can farm something. I am originally from Virginia, but am the daughter of a Marine sharpshooter, who trained me well.
I just hope to be prepared and maybe help others who may come here from other regions of the country, if need be.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Well, sorry I don't have any pictures along with the story I will share. I mean its not much. But out here in the western side I've seen some very interesting and very fast moving objects in the night's sky driving to work in the wee hours of the morning. My hunch was that they were not-from-earth. I kept on saying to my self: 'Maybe they will take me to their ship and I won't have to go to work!' These objects were not using combustible engine power. I saw these objects last fall.

There are the usual suspects of chem trails.

One night I was woken buy what I think were military jets. Maybe they were having a drill or were chasing something.

Of course all this is anecdotal.

But its fine with me that not much goes on here in WNC.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
one thing ive noticed about Eastern NC. background first.

born and raised in knoxville, tn until teenager
lived in east tn, cheyenne wy, champaign il, pearl city hawaii, la/marin county/san diego, ca, okinawa.[ all places for at least a year]. travelled all over the world for business. now live in eastern, nc. been in outside sales/design engineer, military, self employed. and enteprenuer. Ive literally been just about everywhere on business.

the people here (SOME ARE FRIENDLY) mostly are the rudest people ive ever seen in my life. from the patrons at restaurants, stores, in traffic, everywhere.. especially the clerks/cahsiers at stores, cashiers at gas stations, fast food restaurants, small business owners. and im not referring just being rude to me/wife/daughters. I mean to each other/other people mostly. I am so appalled at how freekin rude and utterly unprofessional such a large number of people here are. absolutely shocked, since i noticed it is not that way from Raliegh to the west of there.

but Oh Boy, from raliegh all the way east to OBX the rudest people on earth ive ever seen. completely shocked, is it the water?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

and what makes Virginia better than North Carolina? hmmm....???

Yup, just curious about that.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Really?? I am so sorry! That is just sad. I'm sorry that you and your family have had such bad experiences with rude people. Don't judge all of us by the bad ones of whom you have come in contact with. Love western N.C.! I have a daughter living there.

edit on 23-3-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

Added to...I live in the Piedmont area.. most of the people here are nice ..or the ones, I have come in contact with. I have not encountered a majority of rude people. Most have been very helpful and pleasant.
Hopefully it will get better for you.
edit on 23-3-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

the locality is what is so surprising. in western NC most are friendly. I love Hot Springs, NC!!

but the areas around Rocky Mount, Greenville, Elizabeth City, Nags Head, Washington, and mostly the 60 mile radius around each. it is a little pocket of rudeness. It is really suspicious as an anomaly amongst NC. personally most people are nice to me. but in general Ive witnessed more unprofessional businesses and rude employees more than everywhere else ive ever been. epsecially greenville, elizabeth city, and washington. evrytime my family goes to one we drive back home talking about a rude episode we've witnessed by or to someone. every time..

the more i think about it, the more I think something/some reason as to why? like i said mostly from Zebulon/RDU to the west most are normal. it is like the side effects of some kind of human experiment or something out here. if you have ever been to/around the cities ive mentioned you'll definitely notice it. maybe not personally but within eye/earshot for sure. just go to the Lowes, walmart, any fast food place and you'll see it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Haven't been in any of those areas in awhile. It would be nice if there is someone on here that live within those areas who could possibly shed some light on the situation you have described. And if they are experiencing the same things.
I do have to say this..I witnessed my neighbor no.1 tell another neighbor no. 2 off when neighbor no. 2's puppy accidentally crossed over into neighbor no. 1's yard. Neighbor no 2 was out walking with his daughter. The little daughter was carrying the puppy when he got loose from her and scampered over into the yard. Neighbor no 1 screamed at no 2. "Get that dog out of my yard!" The little girl was afraid to go over and get the puppy from the ranting woman. The Dad ran to get the puppy and the puppy was scared too and began to run farther back into her yard.
The woman screamed back at the Dad and said.." If you can't catch him then I will call the police to help you! Don't you ever let that dog come into my yard again. get a leash for it"" It was a little puppy. I think she could have handled it better. The Dad was calm and never said a harm word back to her.
That was last week..and She even startled me the way she was yelling. Since then she does not wave at me when she passes my house if I am in the yard. I don't know if it is because she is embarrassed about the way she behaved that day.

Added to. ..Just to say the little girl was petrified and she is handicapped. She actually just stood in the middle of the road and stared back at the woman. I was just surprised at the woman going so ballistic over it.

edit on 23-3-2011 by ellieN because: added to

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

the only thing obvious to me is the amount of chemtrails here is over the top. i see 3-4 plane at a time spraying. ive counted between 8-14 different lines in the sky at one time in varying states of disperment. and off old 264 hwy, between Eberhard and Bath are huge fenced off bombing ranges. one air force, one army, one navy.

im no "kook" but i thoroughly believe "they" are spraying something as G edward griffin says. also, who knows what types of bombs have been tested over the years on those huge ranges.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hmm..My thoughts exactly..I suppose now that I think about it. I can think of several incidents where people just lost their tempers over something simple when there should have been an easy solution to the problem.
N.C. has great weather here most of the year and even the winter has an average temperature of about 40 degrees. Soo.. great weather and clear skies also means good flying conditions. What purpose could there be for spraying. If this just makes the people hostile, what good can come of that?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey, 20 years ago I was driving...oops, sorry...LOL.

I am a native North Carolinian, lived here all my life and life and life is good...very good. I have been to Hawaii, Key West, all out wast to Montana/ Idaho/ Wyoming and all the way to Vermont....the prettiest place I've still ever seen is the OBX along the Pea Island Refuge along Hwy 12 South.

In fact, I'm sittin here listening to some Beach music....Carolina Beach Music...none of that beach Boys stuff...I'm talkin Catalinas, Tams, Band of Oz, Dominoes, Fantastic Shakers....good ol' Southern Soul, BoogieWoogie, Rythm and Blues....anybody know how to Shag barefooted?

Yes, the world is falling to Hell but it is nice here. I think what some folks take as rudeness is just clannishness from natives that are hesitant to interact with outsiders... now, that is rude...but you have to give them time to get to know you.

NC has some of the best BBQ, sweet tea, great music...prettiest beaches, and seafood...steamed blue crabs,shrimp, Calabash -style seafood... I thin k I'm gonna cry. And the women are either the ugliest or prettiest I've ever seen...we are a people of extremes...we don't have girls in between...LOL.

Hey, and the mountains are wonderful...Blue Ridge Mtns in the fall...but my heart and feet are happiest in the sands along the Pamlico Sound or in the shallows of Ocracoke with a cold beer....

Summertime is Calling Me.... Carolina Girls... 39-24-36,But the Girl's Gotta Go, 'Cause She Can't Fix Grits

The dogwoods are blooming here, the moon has not disappeared, the earth has not shifted....my spring garden is coming up...potatoes, peas, onions, lettuce... and we just cooked out this past weekend...BBQ ribs...slaw, fries...man, hey...y'all come on down...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join