It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "If everyone was gay we wouldn't have children" argument

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Just wondering do any of you claiming that gay people choose to be gay actually know/or are friends with any gay people? Because i actually have very close friends who are gay and i can assure you that they do not choose. Do you hate gay people so much that you just don't want to accept that? Or is it because you think they are going to hell or something along those lines? I just don't really see the purpose in hating something you can do nothing at all about. Some of you could at least at try to understand it which many of you obviously have not...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

it's a lie, there is no gay gene no one is born gay, it's something that devlops due to insecurity, failure of parents and most of the time failure to make a relationship with someone in the opposite sex therefore making them be gay. It's immoral and in no way should be encouraged. End of

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

hmmm I hate to jump into another conversation, but Hindus view homosexuality as more of a punishment, they aren't against it..stop throwing out religions if you don't know what they teach..and as for Judaism, last I heard they were actually thinking about revising to accept homosexuality..hmmm

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Yes some people choose to be gay, but what about the people who actually fall in love with another men? You can't just choose to love the same sex..coming from a straight man that sounds like a big turn off. So there has to be something there maybe not a gene of sorts, but a mutation, messed up Chromosomes, or something else.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Actually my friend i was speaking about one poster in particular who did say he was a christian and several others as well, but the one continues to be just openly hateful i didn't want to name any names was trying to be polite i'm sorry if that came across any other way. It just happens that one of the ones being the most vocal about this topic stated he was christians thats why i referenced them.

As I stated twice i have no problem with any living person on the planet. As long as we continue to live in competition with one another we will fail. The only way to better ourselves and this planet is to unite as brothers and sisters of the HUMAN RACE which includes gay people

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I know going off topic like this is dumb dumb dumb but I can't help but ask..

Do you think Jesus would approve of the way you talk about you fellow man in this thread?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If marriage is for making babies, then I think we can all agree that marriage should be banned for post menopausal women or men who shoot blanks. Couples who don't want children (like my girlfriend and I) should also not be allowed to get married.

Regarding "if gay sex is natural then so is grown men having sex with children". Yeah, here's the thing...we as a society have evolved to recognize some natural acts to be against the law. getting so angry that you kill someone is not acceptable...even though it's natural. Children have been determined to not be able to enter into contracts, or be fully developed mentally or emotionally to make most important decisions...so we protect them. Two grown men who love each other and want to get married and have sex??? Well, there's no victim there.

There is really no reason to oppose equal rights outside of religion. Since we aren't a religious nation, and our laws should not be based on a religious belief system, then using religion as an excuse is absurd.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

And i never stated that i claim no God i dont know where you pulled that from. You dont have to claim a religion to be a spiritual person. I have stated multiple times i have no problem with anything but ignorance i am not judging you i am just saying why be so hateful about something you have no control over. You are the one judging the gay community.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I apologize for my last statement towards you. I really shouldn't have gone that far. That was very hateful I agree. I don't know why or how I got that angry. I do have my issues with the gay community but not raging hate issues. I apolgize.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Probably not.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Good question.

I tried asking the same thing in a round about way but he managed to dance around it and accuse me of claiming no God and judging others.....sounds about right
edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: cause its late and im tired

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
WoW.. I never knew that gay bashing was actually this bad, although I don't pay attention to News. People are so enclosed, so uncomfortable with themselves that they can't accept a little change in how things work. I believe I could label the bashers with the philosophy of 'So jealous to not be able to have it that they rip apart the ones that do to shreds' The hatred of themselves overflows themselves and onto others..

What is the difference? They both have the same end result (
) with someone they care about (well.. to an extent with exceptions..) Such is the result of growth which breeds chaos and hate because of the change that is natural with growth.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by Nobama

I don't care what you have to say about me. Everyone faces their reality on their deathbed. You can talk and say whatever the hell you want to christians your whole life. When death comes knocking on your door, your gonna wish you had listened and had a God to save you from your eternal doom. That's why its important to accept christ as your savior now because he payed the ransom for all humans so that we wouldn't have to go to Hell. But many reject him and find out later on how stupid it was to do that and pay for it with eternity. I say a lot of things, mean or funny, but salvation is one thing I'm not going to mess around with. I think its extremely important for you to think about what Christ has done for you and how you can go to Heaven. Thinking that all you have on Earth is all there is to life is no way to live. People starving to death in 3rd world countries believe in God? Why? Because they know that there is somewhere better than here where they willl never starve and be happy all the time and loved. And that's Heaven. It gives and people across the world something to hope for.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Why is homosexuality "immoral" ?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

and I don't care what you have to say about me, but when death comes knocking at your door, your gonna see that all your life was wasted believing in this religion (well maybe not, because once your dead that's it), Christians are BLIND to the real world and how it works, you people walk around preaching the word of God and haven't even met this figure. no one has for that matter, matter of fact it makes more sense to believe that aliens visited us a long time ago and people then saw these beings as "Gods"..

reread your last sentence in your last post. Thats exactly why religion was created, because people are scared of there being nothing after life. Why do you think Heaven is described as a perfect Utopia? It gives people a false hope to live by while the Christain churches milk suckers for all they can.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join