It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak Obama: The Strongest President In History

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not sure about him but I'll bet his wife is a mean arm wrestler.

Got another one for you

-Took the position of Head of the United Nations Security Council in complete circumvention of the Constitution and with no considerations for laws which he apparently thinks he is above that make it illegal for him to do so.

ballsy

Looks good on the basketball court though...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't consider Despots and Dictators "Presidents".

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo
Barak Obama: The Strongest President In History. Hmmmmmmm?

Richard Milhaus Nixon or Lyndon Baines Johnson would have eaten this guy for lunch and passed no gas!!!

I agree Obama wouldnt make a pimple on a real presidents ass !

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Thanks for the post. With what is going on in Japan, Libya and the general state of the economy, I needed a good laugh.

I'm happy for you that you think that BO is a great President. Dreams are a fantastic thing to have.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

1) Doesn't feel the need to go into a new war - even when he can.

Libya? I think you don't have a valid point here.
edit on 19-3-2011 by MallardDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
Not sure about him but I'll bet his wife is a mean arm wrestler.

Got another one for you

-Took the position of Head of the United Nations Security Council in complete circumvention of the Constitution and with no considerations for laws which he apparently thinks he is above that make it illegal for him to do so.

ballsy

Looks good on the basketball court though...

Could you please clarify. I'm not sure of what you mean by the title or honour "Head of the UNSC" or when this happened. Also, how would this circumvent the constitution?

Here's what I found on the past Presidents of the UNSC which are rotated monthly.

UN.org

Wiki

No mention at all.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

Ahhh...I see what you are trying to claimj. Duh...should have ust went the easy way to Yahoo answers for a quick correction of FACTS.

Yahoo!

Your facts are wrong due to this head of the U.N. Security Council is only a temporary position on an assigned rotational basis. Quoting CNN.com's version: "Obama led the meeting because the United States holds the revolving presidency of the Security Council in September." This is the first time a sitting U.S. President has taken this position, other high officials have done the same many times in the past. This is only the Security Council and not the entire U.N. Assembly.

Again, as Penny pointed out, the United Nations is not a foreign state, thus the 9th Amendment does not apply. If however, he had accepted any present, emolument, office, or title from the Saudi Prince, or another nation the 9th Amendment would apply. Now if you want to sink your teeth into a subject of contention, do you consider the awarding of the Pulitzer Prize to President Obama as a bribe?

Take the last sentence( bolding mine) and run with that.....your other claim is baseless.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Faster than a crashing economy.........

Stronger than unemployment figures ............

Able to leap birth certificate controversy with a single bound

He is SUPER OBAMA !

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
Anyone who thinks B.O> is a strong president must be 35 years or younger.

The ONLY WEAKER president was spineless old Jimmy, but by your logic Jimmy Carter was the toughest cause he took on hard things with no avail as well.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

I take you you have never heard the phrase ' transitional President?

The reason both Obama and Carter have not gotten much done has nothing do to with spine... It has to do with what they were coming into when they first got elected... They were too busy cleaning up the mess of the previous president in order to do much else....

Transitional presidents... Clean things up from the previous president. And considering the mess left behind by George W. Bush, it's a wonder Obama has been doing as good as he has....

As for my age... Well, honestly, you need to let go of the whole idea that with age comes wisdom. Because quite frankly, there are some really stupid, older people out there... But if you are really curious. I am 23 years old, and I just corrected you on your... less than accurate stance.... See? Age IS just a number!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I voted for Obama but I never fell under the "hope and change" spell. I figured if he could accomplish 10% of what he promised it would be well worth the alternative. The truth is, no man alive knows what they are getting into when they enter the presidency. So politicians do what they do, say whatever is expedient to get elected.

What bothers me about the guy is his "calmness". I'm beginning to think it is passivity and smugness more than being cool under fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector

Originally posted by centurion1211

Except obama did just that today, started a war with Libya.

The rest of this OP is just as big of a FAIL.

ATS thread

And as far as Obama pushing for action in Libya, the reports I've heard are saying that it was Hillary that pushed for that while obama was filling out his basketball brackets, and are part of the reason she says she doesn't want to come back after 2012

I'm confused? Your posts seem to contradict. One is dissing Obama for doing nothing about Libya and hands credit to Hillary, the other is used to dis-credit him for doing something about Libya and makes no mention of her. Which is it?

Don't be so confused.

I'm just answering the OP. Their first point was wrong, and then they went down hill from there.

IMO if we were going to do something in Libya, it should have been back when the rebels had a chance of getting rid of Gadaffi. Instead, obama waited until France - or was it Hillary - said it was OK to start to act tough.

Anyway you want to look at it, the OP presented NO evidence that obama is the strongest president ever.

so hard at that thought it might make me

edit on 3/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Well I can tell you that Jimmy Carter loves Obama. Obama is the only person on the face of the earth who could actually make Carter look like a statesman. Those two gents will be in a battle royale to see who comes out the worst president in US history. I've got my money on Obama. He's still got almost two years to go and the things he's failing at will take decades to fix, unlike the problems created by old Jimmy, which Reagan was able to fix by the time he got out of office. Especially that Iranian hostage business which Reagan fixed in a couple of hours after 444 days of good old Jimmy sitting in his cardigan wringing his hands over the matter and praying that Ross Perot could get those folks out.

Jimmy Carter also holds the title of worst ex-President in US history. That will be a designation he will hold for ever as he continues to ply his self absorbed, hand wringing incompetence on the world's stage. Obama, I think will be an excellent ex-President and hopefully we'll be able to see him action in that role in 2012.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I suggest a do-over.

Go back in time, meet up with George Washington, tell him what is going to happen in the future and smack him around a little.

Then re-write the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights....with no possible loopholes and no room for misinterpretation. Don't change it, just make it so that people treasure it more and not allow TPTB to dismantle it so easily.

This notion that the Constitution is some magical, un-changing document is silly. The Constitution was written at a time when the US was a fraction of it's current size, and the world was a vastly different place. Wanting the Constitution to have been written with knowledge of how events would unfold hundreds of years later is ridiculous. Things evolve over time.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Transitional presidents... Clean things up from the previous president. And considering the mess left behind by George W. Bush, it's a wonder Obama has been doing as good as he has....

No, by your definition, the "transitional president will the person elected right after obama. Like Reagan had had to clean up after carter.

As for my age... Well, honestly, you need to let go of the whole idea that with age comes wisdom. Because quite frankly, there are some really stupid, older people out there... But if you are really curious. I am 23 years old, and I just corrected you on your... less than accurate stance.... See? Age IS just a number!

That's just what you think now. Wait until you see the next crop of 23 year olds.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

IMO if we were going to do something in Libya, it should have been back when the rebels had a chance of getting rid of Gadaffi. Instead, obama waited until France - or was it Hillary - said it was OK to start to act tough.

See it isn't that hard to give your honest opinions/ feelings / thoughts without all the L/R spin

I agree mostly, but with the caveat that the US actually was taking the lead behind the scenes to build a respectable coalition and resources without appearing to be "leading" the mission. Things are too volatile in the region and world to project more US power. And yes, Hillary had alot to do with this.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Looks like I'm running for office!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector

Except obama did just that today, started a war with Libya.

The rest of this OP is just as big of a FAIL.

ATS thread

Don't be so confused.

I'm just answering the OP. Their first point was wrong, and then they went down hill from there.

Anyway you want to look at it, the OP presented NO evidence that obama is the strongest president ever.

so hard at that thought it might make me

edit on 3/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

Sure, He's behind the curve if Hilary was involved. She had to consult her focus group before any decision could be made.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hmmm.... let's look at your statements with a look at some interesting facts.

More than 112 Tomahawk cruise missiles struck over 20 targets inside Libya today in the opening phase of an international military operation the Pentagon said was aimed at stopping attacks led by Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and enforcing a U.N.-backed no-fly zone.

abcnews.go.com...

2) Took on huge challenges coming into office and has remained calm nose to the grindstone "No Drama Obama" ever since. No Shock Doctrines - just handling one problem at a time and using diplomacy.

No shock doctrines?

What about Obamacare? Shocking enough for ya? Its opposed by the majority of the country with "62% favor repeal of the health care law".

www.rasmussenreports.com...

3) Knows that $ runs the world (or at least learned fast) and isn't afraid to piss off both parties while looking at the world stage with other leaders and growing the markets 50%

Not sure where you got this 50% growth you're talking about.

4) Releases real # (or at least more realistic than Bush or Reagan) on unemployment with regards to semi employed and those who've given up

Again you're not really proving your point here, what numbers has he released that are so accurate?

Here are a couple of examples where the Obama Administration has given some "off" or wrong numbers.

"Democrats' own Congressional Budget Office found that the ten-year deficits of the Obama plan will be about $2.3 trillion higher than the $6.97 trillion the White House is projecting."

www.weeklystandard.com...

A new assessment of President Barack Obama’s budget released Friday says the White House underestimates future budget deficits by more than $2 trillion over the upcoming decade.

The estimate from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office says that if Obama’s February budget submission is enacted into law it would produce deficits totaling $9.5 trillion over 10 years—an average of almost $1 trillion a year.

hotair.com... n/

5) Pushes a health plan (in the face of criticism) knowing it's flawed but a start in a country that has talked about it but done nothing for way too long.

Your opinion but not really fact at all.

6) Sees the Natural Gas vs. Nuclear Power struggle playing out during Japan and doesn't cave to the petroleum leaders without providing balance to both

The only balance I see our President doing right now is keeping his balance under a limbo stick in Rio. He seems to take vacations just at the right time.

7) Sees the Yen / Dollar / Euro power struggle and doesn't pull a Bush crash and grab

No, instead he keeps printing more money devaluing the dollars we already have and putting this country deeper and deeper into debt....record levels of debt.

In 2009 and 2010 under the Obama administration this nation went from a 3.18% US Federal Deficit As Percent Of GDP to a whopping 9.91% in 2009 and 8.92% in 2010. All the while promising us 8% unemployment if he dug our hole deeper into debt, and the results are still 8.9% at a cost of bankrupting the nation.

www.usgovernmentspending.com...
money.cnn.com...

8) Realizes that the US looks ridiculous on the world stage grandstanding with our economy - so approaches large scale growing mid east revolutions and Acts of God with calm, compassion, humility, diplomacy, realism and intelligence.

Wow the cool aid you have been drinking leaves your ability to be objective at the door. Honestly, you won't gain any real respect from those who are critical of the President with statements like this, especially with no examples to prove your point.

And as for running for office if we can think we can do better? If you have been on ATS for longer than a week you will realize that most of us know we couldn't run for office like this simply because we aren't apart of the powers that be, lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Only after he plays basketball in his custom $3000,000.00 gym.
Oh yea, that we payed for.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan

2) Took on huge challenges coming into office and has remained calm nose to the grindstone "No Drama Obama" ever since. No Shock Doctrines - just handling one problem at a time and using diplomacy.

If golf and vacations is considered nose to the grindstone, where do i sign up?

3) Knows that $ runs the world (or at least learned fast) and isn't afraid to piss off both parties while looking at the world stage with other leaders and growing the markets 50%

please support this with citation. Which market are you speaking of, the unemployment market? The housing market?

4) Releases real # (or at least more realistic than Bush or Reagan) on unemployment with regards to semi employed and those who've given up

negative. negative. negative. Adjusted numbers, and do his numbers account for those who have given up looking for work?

5) Pushes a health plan (in the face of criticism) knowing it's flawed but a start in a country that has talked about it but done nothing for way too long.

If by "pushing a health care plan" you mean shoving it through congress on Christmas Eve, because he knew it would not get passed after that, I guess.

6) Sees the Natural Gas vs. Nuclear Power power struggle playing out during Japan and doesn't cave to the petroleum leaders without providing balance to both.

Right.. energy independent all the way. How much are you paying for gas?

7) Sees the Yen / Dollar / Euro power struggle and doesn't pull a Bush crash and grab

oh you mean this? How to rip off the Japanese in a time of crisis 101

8) Realizes that the US looks ridiculous on the world stage grandstanding with our economy - so approaches large scale growing mid east revolutions and Acts of God with calm, compassion, humility, diplomacy, realism and intelligence.

Oh really. By taking the "lets wait and see what everyone else does so i can say "ME TOO!!"" approach? A strong president would have condemned the situation in Libya on day 1. A strong president would not have waited for the U.N. to make a decision. Why do you think the middle east is so crazy right now. A president should be taking care of business, not filling out NCAA brackets.

I'm not saying he's not a figurehead. I'm sure that what we see is a team effort.

I'm not saying he's perfect. But so far the US is still here and in October 2008 I honestly was not so sure we'd make it this far this well. We don't know, when things are bad, if they could have been much worse. It's not impossible. When you look at Egypt, Lybia, even Japan, you have to just LOVE the US.

If there is anyone on ATS that thinks they could do a better job...

Run for office.

35% of the nation getting hand outs.. better.. got it

*shakes head*

edit on 19-3-2011 by Vizzle because: missed tags

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Well I can tell you that Jimmy Carter loves Obama. Obama is the only person on the face of the earth who could actually make Carter look like a statesman. Those two gents will be in a battle royale to see who comes out the worst president in US history. I've got my money on Obama. He's still got almost two years to go and the things he's failing at will take decades to fix, unlike the problems created by old Jimmy, which Reagan was able to fix by the time he got out of office. Especially that Iranian hostage business which Reagan fixed in a couple of hours after 444 days of good old Jimmy sitting in his cardigan wringing his hands over the matter and praying that Ross Perot could get those folks out.

Jimmy Carter also holds the title of worst ex-President in US history. That will be a designation he will hold for ever as he continues to ply his self absorbed, hand wringing incompetence on the world's stage. Obama, I think will be an excellent ex-President and hopefully we'll be able to see him action in that role in 2012.

The fact that you think anyone did less for America than George W. Bush says quite a bit...The man entered the presidency with a budgetary SURPLUS, look what Obama walked in to.

BTW Reagen also did a great job with the Iran-Contra situation, do you even know what that is? Cheers to Olly North...
edit on 19-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join