It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impending mega quake San Francisco and Monterey Bay regions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is a warning to those who are listening. There is allot more to come.

Times are getting desperate, not only in Japan. The Third World is being broadened.

MY PREDICTION, TOMORROW, SAN ANDREAS IS GOING TO KANSAS.

Introduction

On October 17, 1989, at 5:04:15 p.m. (P.d.t.), a magnitude 6.9 (moment magnitude; surface-wave magnitude, 7.1) earthquake severely shook the San Francisco and Monterey Bay regions. The epicenter was located at 37.04° N. latitude, 121.88° W. longitude near Loma Prieta peak in the Santa Cruz Mountains, approximately 14 km (9 mi) northeast of Santa Cruz and 96 km (60 mi) south-southeast of San Francisco. The earthquake occurred when the crustal rocks comprising the Pacific and North American Plates abruptly slipped as much as 2 meters (7 ft) along their common boundary-the San Andreas fault system. The rupture initiated at a depth of 18 km (11 mi) and extended 35 km (22 mi) along the fault, but it did not break the surface of the Earth .

The Link

On October 15th, 1989, there was also a Moon perigee.

Just a day ago Youtube user traynickel upped a video with a very interesting news bulletin.

Can the Moon Cause Earthquakes?

James O. Berkland is a Glen Ellen, California-based geologist and editor of Syzygy—An Earthquake Newsletter. He believes the gravitational tugs of the moon, sun, and other planets can influence earthquake activity. Berkland said he has accurately predicted tremors based on factors such as syzygy. "Syzygy" refers to the alignment of three celestial objects. Syzygy of the sun, Earth, and moon occur twice a month, at the full and new moons. At such times, gravitational forces are at a maximum, especially when the bodies are close together, Berkland said.

Using syzygy and other factors—such as the number of cats and dogs listed in the lost and found in newspaper classified advertisements—Berkland said he accurately predicted several earthquakes, including the October 17, 1989 earthquake in San Francisco, California. Berkland said the number of cats and dogs reported missing goes up prior to an earthquake. The numbers went up significantly prior to the 1989 San Francisco quake, he said.

When your cats and dogs go missing, you'll get the point!

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN

edit on 18-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 18/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I believe it is already covered extensively.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think this deserves it's own thread, this is a direct link to what's going to happen

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PureET

It MAY "be a direct link" to what is happening or not. There are NUMEROUS other threads along this same line, ie impending California quakes, the "super or perigee moon" tomorrow night as well as the Big Sur collapse in California. Choose one. Just add your info in one of those so we can all put the pieces of this jigsaw together so we can figure out if it belongs to this puzzle or another one. Have a great day.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Well I'll post it in other threads too,

Actually this might belong in the prediction forum. Mods move please?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Im no geologist and dont wish to rip into the OP about the significance of that piece of road falling, but......

would I be alone in thinking that it looks perfectly natural? the sea is in very close proximity to the road and erosion happens naturally so is it not the case that the road just fell due to erosion of the cliff below?

Like I say, im no geologist, just how it looks to me

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's clear to me its most definately erosion and has'nt had regular checks and maintinance.

Thank God no one was hurt.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
It's clear to me its most definately erosion and has'nt had regular checks and maintinance.

They said the exact same thing the last time that happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is a warning to those who are listening. There is allot more to come.

Times are getting desperate, not only in Japan. The Third World is being broadened.

MY PREDICTION, TOMORROW, SAN ANDREAS IS GOING TO KANSAS.
edit on 18-3-2011 by PureET because: no reason

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ohboyohboy
Im no geologist and dont wish to rip into the OP about the significance of that piece of road falling, but......

would I be alone in thinking that it looks perfectly natural? the sea is in very close proximity to the road and erosion happens naturally so is it not the case that the road just fell due to erosion of the cliff below?

Like I say, im no geologist, just how it looks to me

I was going to say the exact same thing. Up here in the North West we see that all the time, in fact we have a commuter train that can't head north due to a landslide, which seems to happen frequently at that location. It's funny to read all these doom and gloom hype threads.
Oh and the San Andreas cannot go to Kansas. It's a North and South fault line..
edit on 18-3-2011 by Isaac (RIP DUSTIN) because: EDIT

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Isaac (RIP DUSTIN)

Call me a fear monger, call me a troll.

Tomorrow we will know who is right and wrong.

Don't say I din't warn you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I need some help with this. CNN is reporting that the last perigee moon was in 1993, so how could this be such a rare happening if it also happened in 1989?
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I really would like to understand this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Heres a Perigee/Apogee/Full/New Lunar calculator, you can do your own research

www.fourmilab.ch...

I'm assuming that the dates tmes on that are UTC (close to old GMT)

so there is plenty of time, its currently still the 18th UTC www.timeanddate.com...

already the 19th here in NZ, 7:22 am, couldn't see the Moon this morning

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

I'm in Oxford, England. It's 18:27 and the moon here is HUGE in the sky. A beautiful sight.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Interesting... there has been another person on Youtube claiming that an earthquake will happen in Kansas. He offers no time frame for the event, he just says it will happen based on different things he has seen. I believe the video is at least 6 months old.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Thanks for that link.

So, from what I can tell, the perigee was not on the full moon in 1989.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm keeping an eye on my dogs and cats, frogs in the backyard for that matter. All's well and normal today.
I am in Cali.

SMR

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Dude .... seriously ...
You took all this "prediction" from the thread linked and started your own for what, props on "sloppy seconds"
This is probably one of the more shady threads I have seen.

And just to say it AGAIN !!!!
The video showing the road in Big Sur has NOTHING to do with earthquakes, past, present, or future. It was due to massive amount of RAIN and EROSION

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There's a Lunar Perigee once per month every year.While the Moon was indeed in perigee on 15 Oct, 1989, days before the Loma Prieta EQ, it was not a full or new Moon. Some people believe that the Moon, being full & in perigee at the same time, as it is this time around, has some ability to wreak havoc here on Earth. I could make a case for the fact that because the Moon is not in the same exact phase this time that it was in during perigee in '89, it can't have the same quake-related effect, if indeed it ever did. My idea can't be disproved any more easily than the idea that we're really in for it with the Moon being full & in perigee at the same time. I suppose we'll just have to wait & see.

As for Coast Highway 1, it loses cliffside sections of road periodically because here in California, some neighborhoods & roadways are built to take advantage of a spectacular view. This, despite certain geological/meteorological realities that suggest that building in some places might just prove to be a bad idea in the long run.
As long as no one is driving on a section of Highway 1 that falls away, it's considered an inconvenience, and a source of lucrative overtime money for the CalTrans workers charged with restoring the roadway to its former death-defying glory.

So, do these 2 issues add together to warrant all the bolded, large-font alarmism? I suppose my opinion is obvious after that descriptive phrase, so we'll let it go at that.
edit on 3/18/11 by BuzzCory because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
reply to post by muzzy

I'm in Oxford, England. It's 18:27 and the moon here is HUGE in the sky. A beautiful sight.

Really? Damn, I'm in the Midlands and all night it's been as tiny as ever up there in the sky

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join