It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch - One of the Last You Tube video's coming out of Japan

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There is strength in numbers - never give up!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
'm curious out there who thinks that watching cats playing piano on youtube is the best use for limited bandwidth in a time of emergency.

can we get a show of hands?

Let's remember, there may very well be a time in the us when a major disaster strikes and you too will not be able to watch anmated gifs, and you, too, may be tempted to think this means your rights are being violated.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This far into a thread a lot of valuable information tends to get lost in the shuffle. I thought I would point out something about the issue of "internet blocking" or whatever you want to call it.

The U.S. military has restricted access from their .mil domain to the listed sites. This is not a black out of any information or a blocked website other than when those sites are accessed from computers on the Military network. This has been done to insure plenty of bandwidth for the military to use in response to the disaster with no other sinister motives in place.

The tragedy in Japan is unthinkable and the last thing it needs is to be spiced up with disinformation. The people of Japan can still watch Youtube and shop unless they are using the network of the United States Military to access those sites.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by ProteanDynamics
reply to post by Anmarie96

Yesterday I was anxious to show this video to my wife, though as I tried to show her, the video was simply gone from my Facebook page. I'm glad that it's still available.. what they are doing is more than insidious. Those poor people are collateral damage.. The people cannot stand for this..

Well I would say, that it's most likely taken down from facebook, because of the lingo. But wouldn't that be silly ?

Ametuer

Good point. I wonder if he filled it with expletives so that it WOULD get removed, further spreading the paranoia??

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Guys, just honest opinion of mine, I think people are just all freaking out for the wrong reasons.

Isn't this site's motto "Deny Ignorance"? Well, let's hurry and deny some ignorance before it is too late.

People in California are freaking out, you go to Costco, you'll find that emergency supplies are all gone. You go on Amazon to check Potassium Iodide pills, they're like $30 a pop. This is getting outrageous and out of hand.

First thing I think most people should do, before they running around in circles pulling their hair out, is try to educate yourself on nuclear fall out scenarios.

Try to research some scientific understanding of nuclear radiation before you do stupid s**t.

And I'm not only talking about the U.S., China is doing things beyond stupid. Consumers are stock piling salt, hoping that the "Potassium Iodide?" in the salt will act like a nuke pill. Little do they know you'd have to consume maybe 6kg net weight (or some other number I can't recall) of salt to reach a single pill's effect. Unless you refine the salt and somehow has a way to extract the chemical ingredient specifically.

I'm not trying to sound smart or be a jackass, but from what I can remember, we have had the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. If I'm not mistaken, Chernobyl was back in 86'. After that sh*t is contained, we're still here alive and kicking.

The threat level for Chernobyl was level 7, I think we're only on level 5 and barely escalated to level 6. Point is, level 7 happened in the past, the world didn't blow up, no mass extinctions. North America, Russia and all the other countries are still here.

Sure, 4000 to 1 million people died from the incident, but I believe it was Soviet Union's estimated death toll. I doubt it had any real long term affect on other continents, otherwise we'd be seeing a lot of babies coming out with 5 limbs and 3 testicles or what not.

Again, let's take a step back, deep breathe, pop open that browser, study and research on radiation effects. If all scientific fact and data supports the SHTF theory, then let's start the panic and the hair pulling....

Jeez..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker84
Chernobyl was back in 86'. After that sh*t is contained, we're still here alive and kicking.

Well yes we are still here but as you pointed out.....

Sure, 4000 to 1 million people died from the incident

I do agree that the panic buying of potassium iodine(?) is on the extreme side, I also see no real problem with it.
edit on 18/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
post by Dilligaf28

\
post by truthseeker84

Very well said.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Again, let's take a step back, deep breathe, pop open that browser, study and research on radiation effects. If all scientific fact and data supports the SHTF theory, then let's start the panic and the hair pulling....

Jeez..

While I agree with your entire, well-articulated point, I wanted to say one thing about that last sentence. Even IF the 'shtf' (or ESPECIALLY if the 'shtf'), panic and hair pulling are not helpful, productive, or useful. Which is why I find the vast majority of posts in this thread, on this topic, and on ATS in general when breaking news like this is occurring, to be completely counter-productive.

IF the Snip Hit the Fan, those who panic may very well be hitting the fan as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Bad video.
A snob french, frustrated his stay in japan vomits his hate. Are Japanese people stupid? Do Japanese governement don't care? No, just the opposite. Japanese people are very careful in such things, priority of Japanese lives are always first issue for Japanese governements. This french guy is typical orientalist, who thinks only french people and french governement are rational. Go back to your french village Pierre!!
edit on 18-3-2011 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Trust*
Truth*

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Someone please give me a rational explanation how censoring the internet in any way helps recovery efforts in japan.....................

what a crock of shi-te

shut down the media to keep the sheep from alerting the rest of the herd is all it is.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

People in California are freaking out, you go to Costco, you'll find that emergency supplies are all gone. You go on Amazon to check Potassium Iodide pills, they're like $30 a pop. This is getting outrageous and out of hand

Jeez..

People are free to buy whatever they want… and for whatever price they are willing to pay.

This should not be an issue.

It’s sounds like you missed out on some potassium Iodide

edit on 18-3-2011 by frozen_snowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by canuckster

Please see this post for an answer. :-)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
reply to post by hillynilly

Someone please give me a rational explanation how censoring the internet in any way helps recovery efforts in japan.....................

what a crock of shi-te

shut down the media to keep the sheep from alerting the rest of the herd is all it is.

How are you even able to log in on a computer and not know the answer to that question?

It is EXACTLY this sort of mix of ignorance and entitlement that is oh-so-Western, where people think the internet is magical, takes no energy or power, limitless, and a 'right'.

meh.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

No because the only sites that are blocked are blocked on military server. Not the citizens.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, I just tweeted it. I think this guy is genuine. Is truly, concerned about his family and neighbors.
I saw Obama today, said there was no threat to the US or it's territories. Is this true? We are already feeling the effects here in the US with Japan car parts and the slowing of auto plant productions. I hope they get this under control. S&F

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

if you just 'tweeted' it, i hope you took the time to read some of the refutations of it as well. There are some helpful ones right on this page.
edit on 18-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well if this video is taken down by youtube for any reason that confirms it for me.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

"snob french"?
how about asswipe, would you agree with that ? OR is this VERY HUMAN RESPONSE to a an intelligent human being being in a "no win situation"a possibility ? eh? asshole?, true or false ? ...this is the human condition and one may kill and kill and kill but in the end NO matter how many die the heroes will be left and they will have only one objective , try to suppresses this and it only grows

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Sites are only blocked for those in the military. How many times does it have to be said. If you'd only read. With all that has happened and what the Japanese people are going through, I don't think many if any are living life as it once was. Communications are still down and this is going to take a very, very long time to recover. You are not going to find Japanese in Japan posting on this site or in a chat room. All that you might find is some foreigner.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join