It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
thinking of you, iAnjo

so pleased one of the mods stepped in... must have been difficult & frustrating for you to read all that stuff

hoping you're safe, well, & managing to get sleep

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hey everyone, thanks for all your concerns and prayers, yes Atm I am ok. The school has been taking extra precautionary actions now such as not letting anyone go off campus and trying to get everyone inside together just incase something were to happen. I got home around 3:00 however the power was out and I just woke up. It's about 6:40Pm and we're getting clothes and things ready just incase for emergency and Saturday. The wind here is crazy, my window sounded like it was going to pop off. Hopefully no radiation is being blown off here though, we have enough. I'll update you guys more later, when we're almost done.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Hi iAnjo glad to hear your still doing well

Have you spoken to your parents about what their plans etc are?

Don't think the worst, your parents are obviously connected to the US military and as such will be evacuated in time if needs be. Keep us updated we're all concerned for you and your family and want to offer all the support we can.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Thanks! Basically their plan is to go with the flow until Saturday when we take a break for the states. If we get evacuated, then I guess that will postpone the trip, but our safety is the most important. What's worrying me here is the wind, it's so strong right now! I'm wondering what direction it's coming from but I can't check as I don't have a computer right now and I'm using an iTouch. It's actually weird how I'm only getting through ATS through apple devices!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

Thanks! I'm Fully rested now from that nap! Atm though I'm getting mixed news saying that this crazy wind pushed radiation out or in.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
hey iAnjo,
just thought i'd check in on you before i try to sleep... pleased you're bearing up ok

did a very quick search before i go... wind direction was north-west to south-east (blowing out to the pacific, away from japan) about an hour & half ago

take care

www.intellicast.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

aw glad u slept

hmmm, lemmy see if i can find out where it was headed the past few hours, & try to get a more up to date wind direction for right now, brb

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
hi dude, are there any bunkers on the base? if not you could try to get into this one that looks to be in tokyo centre somewhere....
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo

Thanks! I'm Fully rested now from that nap! Atm though I'm getting mixed news saying that this crazy wind pushed radiation out or in.

Hey there....fellow American here, but living a bit further south than you. I was in a meeting today (due to my job) with some "higher ups", and let me reassure you that you'll be OK. The winds are blowing out to sea, away from the mainland, so don't worry about that one.

The radiation is not bad right now....about what you'd get with an x-ray. If you are concerned, eat lots of kelp/seaweed, miso soup, raw sea salt, other Japanese veggies, beans/lentils, brown rice, and take a really good multi vitamin/mineral supplement. If you have access to spirulina and chlorella capsules (algae), then take those daily. Limit your diet to the above, don't eat wheat, and don't eat sugar....those suppress the immune system. All the above items contain elements proven by Japanese Doctors to either bond with radioactive particles within the body and evacuate them, or prevents radioactive elements from being absorbed, allowing their natural passage. Diet can and WILL protect you if you are concerned. Kelps and algae are a must! Pick up a few packs of the dried stuff from the commissary and put some in miso soup, and eat it several times a day. The natural iodine will be good.

Second, the best minds in the U.S. are working with the Japanese to solve the problem with reactors. As it was told to me, the situation is somewhere between the 3-mile incident and Chernobyle...not good, but not as bad as it could be. The reactors in Japan are at least contained within a protective container. The news is NOT helping matters any. Yes, the situation is bad, but they're not reporting everything. There are U.S. ships off the coast, just waiting to be utilized if need be. They will take care of you if and when the situation becomes dire. Planes are still going in and out of Tokyo, and it's business as usual there.

So rest easy for now, and don't let the panic of those around you get to you. You'll be OK!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Thanks for your help! But the bad thing is, I hope it doesn't go to the west coast USA (Where I'm headed for a while, but will come back to Japan)
reply to post by welshbeliever

Not any that I know of, and I don't think I'll be able to go. Best I can do is wait patience for evacuation or Saturday and play it safe.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Thank you for this information, especially about what o eat and the radiation going off mainland! Let's just hope it doesn't reach west coast USA >_>

Ty!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i know, i understand... i don't want it doing that either! it's a rock & a hard place scenario, absolutely awful

FYI now though, it seems like the wind has been blowing away from the island in a south-westerly direction & - according to a couple of sites i've checked - it will continue to do so for the next few days (away from the island, i mean)

i'll give the links anyway, not sure if you can check them out....

tokyo - news.bbc.co.uk...

fukushima - www.timeanddate.com...

sorry my pc's acting up, & taking ages to load anything :S

gotta go now... bestest wishes to you all

edit on 16-3-2011 by pattonisit because: the usual - mp

edit on 16-3-2011 by pattonisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
"......Because Hamaoka sits directly over the subduction zone near the junction of two plates, and is overdue for a major earthquake, it is considered to be the most dangerous nuclear power plant in Japan. " ........

Above is an extract of a recent post from an article from 2004

Link- thecrowhouse.com...

Japan's Deadly Game of Nuclear Roulette
Sunday, May 23, 2004

A japanese friend has just informed me that there has just been an earthquake there.
This situation is worsening day by day
edit on 16-3-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Update 12.13: At the request of the Japanese Government, the special police cars from the ground water nuclear reactors in Fukushima Dai'ichi spraying. It says the Japanese NHK news.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Emperor Akihito's speech earlier today is unprecedented because imperial speeches usually recorded in advance. For example at his birthday or state visits. The sudden nature of the broadcast on all TV stations at once seen, is unprecedented for Japan. After the Kobe earthquake in 1995 which killed 6,400 people, Akihito gave a written statement.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
30 years ago I was informed of massive earth changes - The person who gave me this info was ridiculed - In her words " It will begin East of Java"
Please be aware that this is only the begining - be prepared and do something now.
I am not here to create panic only to inform because I care that you know so can act

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
double post

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Update 12.22: According to the International Red Cross for foreigners "regarding radiation" safe to travel to Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
Update 12.22: According to the International Red Cross for foreigners "regarding radiation" safe to travel to Tokyo.

What a joke - Who are these irrressponsible people kidding

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There is so much conflicting reports right now it's a joke.

Fuji TV via NBC News reports radiation in the water in Fukushima however Reuters says NO radiation detected (both reports within hours of each other).

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join