It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If I could only have one ounce of your courage-I would be proud....take care and listen to your heart.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Latest reports just on BBC news-all workers have now been evacuated from the facility as declared now too dangerous.
Control has been lost and its now in the hands of the Gods.
Experts here are saying steam now going up to 1000 feet and beginning to be much more vocal.
1.800 tons of waste 5 and 6 could have explosions.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I first want to let you know mt family, friends and myself have had everyone, including yourself, in our prayers since the first news of this mega-tragedy reached our ears.

I am sure this may all seem very surreal to you right now. Try and remember everything that you are going through there. The decisions you make and the actions of others through the next hours and days could have a lasting effect on your life and everyone around you there.

If you feel something is not right, do not hesitate to open your mouth and speak your opinion. It is possible that this could be the most important series of events to ever occur in your lifetime.

Knowing the magnitude of the situation you are in, I hope you are able to remember every instance of the events occurring there and are able to do so for the rest of your life. If not only for your safety during these days and the coming days, but also to be able to remember those who have paid the ultimate price in this tragedy, so their stories can live on and you can tell your children and grandchildren these stories,

Gd Bless you and all those effected by the incredibly unfortunate series of events!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

best of luck, hope yous make it through it all.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
update from here

www.ustream.tv...

This one showing 16.67 -not sure if genuine;

www.ustream.tv...
edit on 15-3-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Breaking news: all workers have been evacuated from nuclear power plant!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Wow!! I have to say you have unbelievable strength. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE

This is a bad situation and the last thing anyone wants is for "us"...ATS... to somehow, even inadvertently, make it worse..

That being said...

Giving advice such as encouragement to "run away" is not even close to up to the standards of Abovetopsecret.com and needs to stop immediately..

There are professionals on the ground there that are in a much better position to evaluate and take action than anyone here on a forum board, thousands of miles away where it is safe..

From this point on, any further "suggestions or recommendations" that are deemed by the staff to be possibly detrimental will be removed under the Terms and Conditions Rights of Community Management.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter..

Semper

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well, considering how China is planning on receiving evacuees, it might be good to notify people of the availability of the service.

However, I'm not sure what the average Chinese thinks of such plan.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank you, thank you!

Just wanted to say that.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They are unsure if this is true - they may mean the previously evacuated workers. The anchors on CNN expressed disbelief and shock that they would remove the last workers. They would only do so if it was getting very bad, or perhaps they were pulling back to regroup. It really is going downhill in a hurry if they pulled them out.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

it looks like Tokyo is evacuating.
edit on 15-3-2011 by TeleMarketerFromHell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
They are unsure if this is true - they may mean the previously evacuated workers. The anchors on CNN expressed disbelief and shock that they would remove the last workers. They would only do so if it was getting very bad, or perhaps they were pulling back to regroup. It really is going downhill in a hurry if they pulled them out.

No I think they're done. It's time to bug out for sure.

Japan suspends work at stricken nuclear plant

Japan suspends work at stricken nuke plant due to surge in radiation

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Workers are back now after an hour break from high radiation levels

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Please do update OP,

This is interesting, and very,very frighting.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Update: workers are back at the nuclear power plant.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Radiation 101:

1 Sv (Sievert) or 100 rem (roentgen equivalent man)
is considered the maximum dose of radiation where 99% of the population will still remain alive (assuming exposure is temporary and not chronic).
1Sv = 1,000,000 uSv = 1,000 mSv

Vomiting starts at 0.5 Sv (

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have been trying to follow this thread but I have been very busy today and have been trying to follow another also. When is the last time we have heard from the OP? I hope we hear from him again soon. I do not know anyone personally in Japan (although I have constantly been praying for them & now have so much admiration for them after seeing how they have handled it -order vs chaos-; a respectable people indeed*) & after this thread it's going to seem even more personal to me if we don't hear from him again. I am going to repost this link as I am thinking since he is on his friends phone and I am sure does not have time or power to read all these comments. I dunno.. this is horrible what is happening. I havent been touched by an event like this in my entire life.........

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
iAnjo,

Best wishes to you and your family. I trust they will do what's best for you in this situation. I wish that there was even a little bit I could do to help out.
Keep us posted if you can.

One of your ATS friends from the USA

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join