It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
One day people will grow up and stop looking at life as a giant pissing/weenie-measuring contest.

The Japanese economy represents the Japanese people themselves and all their industriousness. It isn't something you just replace and forget about it, or replace it and claim some orgasmic "victory."

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
The American spirit lies in its ability to adapt. I know their are industries that have been greatly effected by this tragedy. Time to bring some jobs back home!
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)
And which industry would that be? Auto? Dont forget there are other countries with better cars than ours. Also the japanese auto/motorcycle maker already has plants all over the US and the world including electronic appliances divisions. Moreoever even if your wish or dream comes true, how will the quality be improved by the US workers? Quality is the biggest selling point around the world my friend. Without quality any industry is bound to fail.
edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: add content

edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Good point. US auto makers have suffered because they chose to start using cheaper parts. Modern Japanese and Korean vehicles actually seem a lot more reliable.

Again, you don't just go around replacing stuff like that, and no one is going to. Luckily more level-headed and mature minds prevail in politics, and I can't believe I'm saying that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You guys can bash the OP all you want...but if you think governments around the world are not looking at how they may benefit from this...your crazy.

I'm sure the auto industry alone are exploring options on how to capitalized on this.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Primal Scream
I have no hatred for the Japs (except for the things some of em did to our GIs in WWII, I hope they burn for that)

Amazing thread... from really bad to even worse.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

The only way to fix the economy is to get the wage gap back to what it was in the 50s-60s. America was strong then because they had a strong middle class, even the poor could afford a used car and a small appartment. Now?
Trickle down is the equivalent of getting pissed on. Let them eat shoe leather hey.
I can't believe how deluded the 95% of non rich Americans are. They are fighting to remove all union protection that they have and are fighting for the rich to keep the tax cuts they don't need.

To Surfism.

The jobs you speak of are not jobs that Americans excel at anymore. You no longer have the education to fill them. You demonize intellectuals on you most popular news programs on a daily basis. The Japanese respect their intellectuals and push themselves to reach lofty goals, they work harder than Americans as well. By the time America has the ability to "steel" those jobs the Japanese will have fixed their industry and be trucking along at full steam again.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
You guys can bash the OP all you want...but if you think governments around the world are not looking at how they may benefit from this...your crazy.

I'm sure the auto industry alone are exploring options on how to capitalized on this.

I'm sure they are. I do not deny especially the Yankee Entrepreunership. But I highly doubt it that Japan will give up what sent them to the top of the world in several industries. Japan has good hard workers with morals and ethics with dedication to quality. Can you bring that back to US ?

edit on 14-3-2011 by hp1229 because: grammer

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Hire this man!! You have a valid point.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Ok. I get it. So when America is pummeled once Yellowstone/New Madrid fault does their things... its a "moment" for the Chinese, Indians etc to "thrive and win"? Ok.... read you loud and clear!

In case you haven't noticed china is already kicking our butts. Haven't you been watching the unemployment continue to climb here in the US? industry leaving the US?
The OP has a point, though it's a little soon to bring it up but yeah he has a point. You don't think other nations aren't going to grab a piece of the action away from Japan?
Check your history, after the US beat Japan in the war the US helped Japan rebuild their industry with (at the time) state of the art steel mills while neglecting ours making Japan the power house they are.

Good job missing the point.

The japan disaster is not a business/economy issue, like youre making it out to be(this goes double for the OP)
I bet IF America were in the middle of a crisis like Japan and you had people making strategies to profit from the mass destruction... all while you were trying to fish the DEAD BODIES of your LOVED ones....you wouldn't be going about rationalizing stuff from a business/financial/economic point of view... like you are doing so now. At best, you would be cursing them for trying to make $$$ out of YOUR misery.

I dont give a # what went on during or after WW2. All I see is this : people in a different country going through stuff I wouldnt want to see myself or anyone else I know go through. And its not like Japan has been doing anything to attack you or me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I find it ironic that this thread is proposing that America exploit the misfortune of another country for financial gain whilst nearly 5 years on there are still 1900 homeless people in New Orleans as a result of hurricane Katrina.

Presumably there was nothing in the deep south for the political/industrial arm of America to exploit down there?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

What? Was I supposed to be hating the Japs?
I've worked with Japs,I have no hostility towards them,, oh wait you mean cause of what I said about WW2 and what SOME of them did to Americian GIs.. do you not know the history of it? Thats a shame and what's wrong with Americans today, no pride.
I have no doubt what so ever Japan can bounce back but to strengthen our country this is the time to move. The Japs are smart and hard working people, and a little freaky deaky too I like that LOL.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuddyMclean
I honestly believe that your post was in bad taste.But then again, how do you know that this wasnt planned by the U.S. to capitalize for the benefit of our economy?

Agreed.
What starts with H and ends with AARP?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I've worked with Japs,I have no hostility towards them,, oh wait you mean cause of what I said about WW2 and what SOME of them did to Americian GIs.. do you not know the history of it? Thats a shame and what's wrong with Americans today, no pride.
I have no doubt what so ever Japan can bounce back but to strengthen our country this is the time to move. The Japs are smart and hard working people, and a little freaky deaky too I like that LOL.

That's your problem right there: the world is bigger than just your precious America.
I'm not an American. I know MY history very well as a European. You do know that others where in America before you right?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I've worked with sJap,I have no hostility towards them,, oh wait you mean cause of what I said about WW2 and what SOME of them did to Americian GIs.. do you not know the history of it? Thats a shame and what's wrong with Americans today, no pride.

Not attacking you personally or anything but are derogatory terms allowed to be used in ATS?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I really wish people would stop making these threads, for crying out loud, they have suffered a M9.0 earthquake, possible 10,000+ dead, and your thinking about financial benefits? Others are looking for conspiracies of UFO's and insurance claims?? STOP, your human, have a heart!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Extremely disturbing to say the least, no???
It makes one wonder just how many sociopaths are being created every day here in the U.S. of A.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
This may be a sore topic for some, but the Japanese have just lost all industry. This is a moment for entreprenuers everywhere (hopefully the US) to thrive and win in the open global economy. What industries do the Japanese own and operate that are now possible to be established on US soil?
edit on 14-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

Idiot

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Yes, and then people wonder why the rest of the world bad mouths the states, it's because of a few individuals ruin it for the rest of you, 95% of good peoples reputation ruined because 5% don't know when something is inappropriate, and when to shut up.

edit on 14/3/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0

I've worked with sJap,I have no hostility towards them,, oh wait you mean cause of what I said about WW2 and what SOME of them did to Americian GIs.. do you not know the history of it? Thats a shame and what's wrong with Americans today, no pride.

Not attacking you personally or anything but are derogatory terms allowed to be used in ATS?

Is that for me or for the one I replied to?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
reply to post by woogleuk

Extremely disturbing to say the least, no???
It makes one wonder just how many sociopaths are being created every day here in the U.S. of A.

exactly about 90 percent of the opinions and whatever in this thread is Sociopath behavior.

www.mcafee.cc...

This is a very classless thread to say the least. Japan, will be fine, they will be rebuilt with 21st century structural design and 21st century technology while USA is still utilizing 19th century structural design and 20th century technology.

That is the truth..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join