It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my bad experinnce help me please im scared

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Not everyone has the same level of emotional maturity, and not everyone has the same ability to deal with fear. What you're doing is the equivalent of the Movie Bully going "Is the wussy gonna cry? Go on, cry ya big wuss." Just... Not cool, man. Why is it any of your business whether or not this person is capable of dealing with terror? Is his fear harming you? No. So why say anything about it at all? Why don't you drive on through, buddy?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alkimyst

how do i go about dealing with it?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Don't be scared and try not to panic when it is going on, it is most likely sleep paralysis. I had it once before when younger and I had my eyes opened but couldn't move any muscle at all. I heard the sounds of a football game, crowds and anouncer announcing all of the plays, I was freaked out by it because after being able to move, there were no TV's or radios turned on in my house. Now that I know what it is, I will try to see what I can do while in that state.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

that sounds like what happend with me my eyes are open but i cant move then there is the shaking and everything

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Not everyone has the same level of emotional maturity, and not everyone has the same ability to deal with fear. What you're doing is the equivalent of the Movie Bully going "Is the wussy gonna cry? Go on, cry ya big wuss." Just... Not cool, man. Why is it any of your business whether or not this person is capable of dealing with terror? Is his fear harming you? No. So why say anything about it at all? Why don't you drive on through, buddy?

First off, I am not your "buddy"

Bully? Really? That's funny. Get a grip.

Again, unless the OP is 5 years old...then he should not be terrified of a dream. Unless the OP is 5, he should have enough sense to realize it was a dream. A dream is not real, therefore it is nothing to be scared of.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No, you're not my buddy. Thus the sarcastic addition of it to the end of a sentence basically telling you to piss off. Something I am not clear on the reasons for you not doing, chum.

Have you ever had a nightmare so bad that you were afraid to go to sleep? Because I have, and let me tell you, it's no fun. Saying "It was just a dream!" doesn't help very much, if at all. Then if you're going through a bad time in your life, like this guy says he is, that can be even worse. I've never experienced sleep paralysis, but that's supposed to be a pretty intense, terrible experience. I'm guessing you haven't either, or else you would be sympathetic, like the other three or four people who aren't being unnecessary assholes in this thread.

Now go get a grip on your humanity, 'kay?
edit on 12-3-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sounds like a vivid dream combined with sleep paralysis.

I get sleep paralysis at least twice a week, so I know it can be frustrating to lie in your bed and be able to look around at everything (half dream and half reality), and just not be able to do anything about it but watch.

So yeah, in conclusion, I bet it's sleep paralysis.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

dude im 16 not 5...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamenie

dude im 16 not 5...

Old enough to know better...

And to the other person...look who has resorted to name calling. Yes I have had bad dreams, but then I woke up and realized it was ONLY A DREAM. I suggest you do the same next time you have a bad dream, Mommy will not always be there to coddle you and give you warm milk to make you feel better.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
I thought the Freddy thing was hilarious!

I could see if we were talking about a 5 year old kid here. Not sure how old the OP is but I am assuming over the age of 18 (except if I were judging by spelling, then I could believe 5 years old)

It's a dream. They happen. Some will be good. Some will be bad. End of story, move on with your life.

I can agree with Acid_Burn on this one. I mean, I understand the OP is frightened, but it was just a dream. They happen.

And sleep paralysis is quite common. Since weird dream images usually pop up while one is trapped in a bout of sleep paralysis, this is definitely what is happening to the OP. You just need to take control over it.

But yeah, there are much much more frightening things in life than a shaky dream image of a skeleton appearing when your trapped in a bout of sleep paralysis. So if the OP is scared sh*tless over this, I'd recommend he just take a deep breath and get a grip. (In the nicest way possible.) I understand that dreams can be scary, but they shouldn't scare anyone enough that it interrupts their life. And they certainly shouldn't cause someone "misery".

I can understand dreams causing misery if they are dreams that remind someone of a traumatic real life occurrence. But this particular dream that the OP is describing, shouldn't cause abject misery.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have just joined this site after lurking for a while and i'm sure it said somewhere to behave in a civilised manner......anyway

To the OP, ignore those that mock. This sounds like sleep paralysis and unless it has happened to you it is impossible to understand how scary it is! It happens to me alot and never gets any less frightening. Infact, lastnight was the latest episode and I woke myself up fully when I managed to get out of it because I didn't want to fall back into it!

I don't really have any advice other than to try not to panic during an episode...start by trying to wiggle a little toe or move your neck which I find helps. I can't say i've ever seen anything during them but I have seen things throughout the night and half asleep during other times.

Are you unusually stressed at the minute?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

guys im really scared i think it could be that sleep parylis thing but it is like im honestly awake every fine detail is there im awake but my sleep is still going i feel like im going to die

You will die. Someday. In the meantime, can I have your stuff? If you want to not dream get your dr. to prescribe something.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This could be sleep paralysis, then again this could be the start of high lucid dreamstates for you. If this is the case then have no more fear, you will have to allow yourself to detach to free yourself from the restraint you seem to be experiencing . If you are successfull in doing this much, it will become like an entirely new dimension for you to explore and manipulate at will. With much time spent on this I can almost guarantee you will open a new part of your mind to gain new waking mental attributes.

Having said all that, there is also a far more sinister possibility, which I do not wish to even project upon your mind as a thought. I will watch your thread to attempt to spot if this would truely become a possibility for you in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yes, sounds like sleep paralysis. I had it fairly frequently over a couple of years, not had it for a while now, but remember that terror. If there is someone who sleeps in the same bedroom as you, can you alert them to help you wake up if you seem disturbed in your sleep. I have used this method in the past and it's reassuring to know someone is there to help you

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Op, seriously, you are making more of this then it is.

To whomever, I guess disagreeing with someone makes ones post "uncivilized"

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

its fine ley him make rude remarks to me i guess im the better person...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Im sorry Tamanie, but I can not respond to your p2p untill I have 20 posts.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would respectfully like to point the dangers of people trying to diagnose somebodies problems on a forum. See a doctor if it is really interfering with your daily life. I have one question. Have you ever dabbled into the occult?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That's funny, I don't recall directing that at you. Next time try english...maybe a spell check so one can understand what you are trying to say please. Thanks.

Best reply I have heard all day is seeing a Doctor if you are that bothered by it. If a dream bothers you that much, make sure it is a psychiatrist.

its fine ley him make rude remarks to me i guess im the better person...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Im suprised no one has mentioned night terrors. They happen mostly to young children but do have effects on some adults. Night terrors can be extremely vivid and realistic, leaving the dreamer with a strong sense of impending doom.
I have had several extremely vivid terrors as an adult, once to twice a year always around easter time. My girlfriend used to prepare herself for those nights. One time I woke up holding her over my head, later she said I was speaking in another language that she couldnt decipher. That story is for another day though...

Anyways, take a deep breath or a chill pill, turn a light on or a funny tv show, and pass the hell out
edit on 12-3-2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join