It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMERGENCY! report from TWITTER - Nuclear power plant - attempts to save plant STOPPED

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
5 minutes ago, this appeared on Reuters... TEPCO informs government of emergency situation at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after radiation levels rise: Kyodo

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
Fractured Facade says:

Just look up the jet stream winds... That will carry it exactly as I said.

Not rocket science.... Lets hope they can minimize or contain the release, if it gets into the prevailing winds and jet stream... well, it wont be good.
-----------------------------------
Please understand that I'm being serious with the following question--this area is not my forte, okay? If the above is a cause for concern, then why was there no "fallout" here (USA) after two bombs were dropped on Japan during WWII? What is different this time?

To have fallout you require debris to be ejected from (something) into the atmosphere, moved by the winds, then dropped somewhere else.

There *WAS* fallout from the nuclear weapons, only they are not widely reported. The fall out will travel in the direction of any winds, so if you can find the historic wind direction on the day and time the bombs were dropped, and for a 2 week period thereafter, you can approximately plot any place the fallout would go.

The reason a nuclear reactor exploding is worse than a bomb for fallout is because the reactor usually throws lots of very radioactive debris into the air, that gets carried on the wind, and then dumped somewhere else. It also comes out of the atmosphere when it rains.

It could be that any radioactive material falls out of the sky (hence the name
) before it gets to the US, so it may not be a problem.

The altitude it reaches also plays a part is how far it travels, and where, as the winds are in different directions at different strengths.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What I don't get is how things are still sounding so bad, because I read somewhere that it takes about two days for the plants to cool down after they've been stopped? Does anyone know if that's right or not? Because if so then this should be almost over shouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
Something just crossed my mind....has anyone seen any live footage of the Nuclear Plants since that explosion, and if not why not? I know I haven't.

Where are we anyway, last I heard one is confirmed in meltdown process whilst 6 cores are now at risk. Is taht where we all are? Thankyou

Where is your soruce for this information? DO NOT post about something as grave as that without providing a source.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
For those of you that can understand Spanish I would advise maybe that you listen to CNN in espanol. My husband told me what they were saying and it is not good at all. In fact an expert and prior president of the Nuclear committee was on there telling everyone what is going to happen. Its not a good case scenario, and if he says might happen and most likely will happen does, then we will be seeing the face of the earth changed completely. Not just from fall out, the big shots at the Nuclear advisory committee believe the china effect is going to happen. and once that starts along with reactor 2 getting ready to get hot, then there will be a big explosion. Taking out all 4 reactors, which is what I had a bad feeling about yesterday. Any who's I am heading off to bed, but if you guys can speak spanish watch it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
BBC World Service was just reporting that the first reactor that exploded is now suffering additional problems, and that a second reactor at the site is starting to suffer pressurization problems.

They gave a link to visit bbc.com/news and click on a link "Ground Reports" or something, but looking on the site I can't find such a link (I'm in the UK though - maybe international visitors get a different page?).

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sorry if it's been posted. Live press conference Japan

Japanese Live TV.

jibtv.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

I have been following everything since the night it happened and what you mention about the other reactors blowing almost sends me into a panic attack.

I hate sitting here knowing there is nothing we can do but wait.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
What I don't get is how things are still sounding so bad, because I read somewhere that it takes about two days for the plants to cool down after they've been stopped? Does anyone know if that's right or not? Because if so then this should be almost over shouldn't it?

If the plant was working correctly, then after shutdown, the water keeps circulating to cool the reactor. Because no additional fission is taking place, as the plant cools, radiation drops off, reducing the temperature further, and so on, until it reaches ambient temperatures.

What is happening now is that the plant was shut down, however, because they are having problems cooling the reactors, the heat is encouraging fission, the fission is generating heat, which is encouraging more fission. The result is that if it is not cooled, it will eventually explode.

A key point to note is that the water forms part of the moderation. It is not simply a way of driving turbines, but an integral part of the operation of the reactor.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Nice one, thanks, that helps clear up the confusion.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by silo13
If your post holds any truth then God help the World, not just Japan.
Who knows which way the wind will blow, or, if a 'meltdown' will occur.

Straight for the west coast USA.

Hope they can either minimize the situation or contain it somehow,

Otherwise, a great deal of the west coast USA will be dealing with radiation from this... Likely within 36 hours of release, give or take a few.

I bet the Illuminati knows this and they have people in there sabotaging it so that they cant fix it. This way they can kill a lot of us.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I found this youtube video of Physicist Dr. Michio Kaku explaining whats happening with the reactor.

www.youtube.com...

The page where I found the video: bigthink.com...

Also did FEMA make an emergency supply order for about 7 million people last month, and the date they needed the stuff was March 15?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Habit4ming
Fractured Facade says:

Just look up the jet stream winds... That will carry it exactly as I said.

Not rocket science.... Lets hope they can minimize or contain the release, if it gets into the prevailing winds and jet stream... well, it wont be good.
-----------------------------------
Please understand that I'm being serious with the following question--this area is not my forte, okay? If the above is a cause for concern, then why was there no "fallout" here (USA) after two bombs were dropped on Japan during WWII? What is different this time?

I know others have already answered, but I'd like to add my thoughts as well (although I'm probably less informed than you in this area). Not only could the amount of radiation be more these-days, but the amount and direction of wind could be different, and the bombs may have been actually planned, as in the Americans planning the attack may have taken radiation into account and dropped the right type of bomb at the right time to make as little damage to the homeland as possible.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Has anybody figured out yet... we are in the beginnig of The Last Days? "And in the Last Days there shall be earthquakes. And every mountain and island shall be moved out of their places". The ENTIRE country of Japan was moved about 2 meters. The axis of the Earth has shifted 10.5 inches. I live in North Central North Carolina and durned if the Big Dipper doesn't look like it's leaned back or something. I have never seen it so verticle. Anyone else notice this?

link   
Can they not cool it with liquid nitrogen?

link   
You can still by potassium iodide on Amazon.
I bought some. They mail pretty quick.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

edit on 3/12/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
NNK News just showed a photo of the reactor building after the explosion. I would post it here but it may upset ATS.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think we all need too see it. We are all in this together,

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thank you for puttting that into perspective. With all the turmoil and uncertainty about this situation, the first thing ATSers must remember is that we know we cannot trust everything we see and hear on MSM or from the Gov't.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join