It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think you mistook my point, but, yeah I know containment is breached on one reactor. We shall see. If you live in the Western USA go buy your potassium iodide before it is sold out. No joke, do it now. We have perhaps days until we know, and before fallout arrives, better to be prepared than to go without the protection you need. If you don't have any, go get it now!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
One staff member of Tokyo Electric Power Company is now confirmed dead. Don't know if the person was one of the four injured during the blast or not.

link   
I feel really, really sick. The weather guy on CNN was talking about the winds, he didn't say much, but his voice was shaking.
I think I'm going to be sick.

link   
reply to post by twitchy

They lost power due to the Tsunami, and the backup diesel generators were taken out with the water. The Nuclear Reactors need electricity to run the coolant systems. Without the ability to cool down Nuclear Reactors meltdown, they generate extreme amounts of heat.

Thermal Nuclear...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

I think it may be time for them to start packing it up and heading out the door.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I feel really, really sick. The weather guy on CNN was talking about the winds, he didn't say much, but his voice was shaking.

I saw it too. I almost started to post but didn't. Not only the vibe I got from him, but watching the radar images, all showing the weather going in a westerly direction. Just don't know what to say.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
raw video of the explosion

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

# 0957: From Richard Black, BBC environment correspondent: "Although Japan has a long and largely successful nuclear power programme, officials have been less than honest about some incidents in the past, meaning that official re-assurances are unlikely to convince everyone this time round."

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

They are showing it on the BBC news channel now!

link   

Originally posted by hadriana

I just rewound it and watched again and you are imagining things. Remain calm.

link   
I couldn't sleep and heard about the explosion on the news. Just devastating.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The evacuation area region in the nuclear power plant expands to 20km. CNN still reporting 10km. New number from the Live News feed in Japan.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Latest Jet stream map for the norther hemisphere... Sucks to be me living in Central California if I'm reading this correctly...

squall.sfsu.edu...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Just to post some pictures of the disaster and to add a few pics that were only given links..
Would be greast if everyone took the time to upload any pics to their ATS media account.. Far better for everyone to be able to see and keep track of stuff..

Anyway..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c89615531d33.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d80b9c69c7eb.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e3af5911183.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b81ff2194ba.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0729f502e0c6.jpg[/atsimg]

It brings a vivid reminder to what the entire world is watching and suffering from..

edit on 12-3-2011 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
kinds of reminds me of what could happen in 2012 but its now happening, right now with this devastating event..
edit on 12-3-2011 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

That fallout map is a fake. Please take it off.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Kyodo news reporting radiation levels falling after explosion

Kyodo news

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by balon0

You know when i watched the video it lookd fake. The smoke seemed to be overlayed on the image of the building. It was moving with around over the building.

Not real.

I'm a computer graphics designer...

There are multiple videos. Sorry, but you're wrong.

That video look strange the Smoke seemed to be moving around over top of the video like it was added in. Seems it's real though, the news confirmed it.

The roof blew off the reactor...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

That same person claims to be a CGI artist too
At least we know who not to rely on for any future analyzation of videos. The shockwave looked pretty intense... BBC World is showing a few videos on a loop so if anyone hasn't seen the explosion you can check there.

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join