It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people warming up to your "Crazy" ideas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was reading another post and one of the posters mentioned that people are not treating him "Crazy" anymore. They are starting to ask questions related to how to be prepared. Things like guns, ammo, what should be in a bug out bag.

I have noticed this too so I wanted to start a thread and get opinions from everyone else.

Is this happening to you? What are they asking? What is prompting them to ask?

For me it was my wife. She is the typical Entertainment Tonight, American Idol, those damn bachelor shows etc. Just the last person to think of anything outside the box. I'm a newbie, probably only really digging in deeper to the info for the last year or so.

When I brought up things like stocking up on food, ammo, some silver, getting better at gardening, canning and other handy pursuits, she would basically think I'm going nuts and compare me to one of her crazy relatives who went off the deep end. (He was not being prepared he was just really crazy)

Over the last couple of weeks she actually brought up: "Umm, so when do you want to clean up the house more and organize so we can get some of that food for storage" or "It's alright if you go to the range, maybe I will go with you next time" things like that, nothing too major but really warming up to some of the more common sense things all of a sudden.

It was a pretty weird almost scarry feeling

edit on 10-3-2011 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Kinda funny to read this, I was at the gym today..I was talking with a random person that I see in passing , And for some reason the subject shifted to, what are my views on the 9/11 official report.. strange. Yes, I am definitely starting to notice this.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have to agree with you.

There seems to be a sort of awareness waking in some people.

I tell them to: Move to the coast. In the "Ring of Fire" preferably.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
my ex-girlfriends brother asked me a few months back what i thought about the freemasons. kind of set me on my heels, since he was the last person i'd expect to know about mason conspiracy theories, or care, and it was the first time i'd seen him in years and he just brought it up out of the blue. not necessarily MY crazy ideas because i don't believe many of the mason conspiracies, but regardless it was surprising. pleasantly.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I literally have random people from work as well as family members coming up to me and asking what they need to prep for and ask about what is and will happen. I wonder how they know I keep interested in the real news. I think its awesome but I wish people would have started waking up a lot sooner than now...things might have been better off....

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

hahaha

Exactly what I was thinking... the less that are prepared the more food and resurces for my family....jk

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I would say so yes. One of my friends asked me about my ideas on 2012 (they don't know I'm a conspiracy nut) a few weeks ago. Also my math teachers gives us lectures on how the commie Russians are going to invade us
. I believe people are just hyped up because it's drawing near the 2012 date.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I have to agree with you.

There seems to be a sort of awareness waking in some people.

I tell them to: Move to the coast. In the "Ring of Fire" preferably.

That was pretty funny

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
People know that they can't trust the mainstream media anymore. Not only the media -- lots of the institutions that were the underpinnings of the "old normlacy:" Banks, big companies of every sort, the government -- these days the government is not just lying about abstract stuff that would make most people's eyes glaze...no, every day, literally, brings new revelations of twisted stuff...It's like the floor suddenly dropped out from under people.

And it goes beyond information sources -- general beliefs, about everything from the value of higher education to the safety of the food on your plate, are now subvered and undermined. People had assumptions about risk and reward, about saving for retirement and rasing a family. Within the last few years, a lot of these assumptions have been shown to be worthless.

Yet no new conceptual framework has emerged to take the place of the old yet. This is the problem today.

Here's a little thought experiment. I'm going to type out some words. Now, as you read the following words, compare the way you think about these things with the way you thought about them, say, ten years ago (if you are old enough and can remember, that is.)

Ready? Here it goes: Wall Street, the Military, Congress, the Fortune 500, the Ivy League, network news, Silicon Valley.

What a difference a decade makes...

edit on 3/10/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

my father who is 58 actually said to me ufos might actually exist,last year.never thought id live to see the day
before whenever i brought it up he would look at me if i was crazy

my brother voted for a left wing party last week for the first time ever ( it doesnt get much crazier then that trust me)

so i for one agree

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

I was rubbing barbecue sauce on my cat and this time nobody yelled at me for it!!!!
Viva la revolution!
Seriously though, there doesn't seem to be a whole hell of a lot that's out of bounds anymore. Things are getting so weird it's hard to tell fact from fiction, and that's just the way "they" planned it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yes, I have encountered some odd comments from people I don't even know in the course of running errands, and doing business in the community. Some people at work who in prior years ignored my crazy rantings are now asking me about survival food storage!

When I bring up the real cause of the financial collapse (globalist banksters) people aren't looking at me like I just landed from Mars anymore.

Never thought I'd see this kind of awakening taking place before it's too late - but I'm cautiously optimistic!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Up until recently, I've never spoken my thoughts of this type openly, especially in the work capacity. However, the subject is much more in our face now, and I am finding that it is naturally coming up in everyday conversation. Even though I still bite my tongue, workmates and friends, have definitely taken notice to my knowledge in the area. Now I have old guys in my company, whom I rarely even speak with, sending me financial reports that are linked to the crashing economy. I have friends, one which was the biggest skeptic of all, making a storm shelter in his back yard. We live in the suburbs of philly!! There are no tornados around here! lol...

I mean seriously, My mom who would always shake her head if I went on a rant, now she sits there and comments on how smart i am hahaha!!!! Now let me set the record straight i'm not saying, "look out!!! nibiru is around that corner!" I am talking about the very, very real events happening right in front of us, right now. Food, water, climate, money... you know, just our essentials for life. And thats not even delving into the global anarchy that we are currently viewing on a daily basis. Talk about reality television

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's great when you find out somebody you know has the "guilty pleasure" of conspiracy or fringe preoccupations. As this happens more and more, people will naturally feel less shy about bringing up these topics.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

Its because the propaganda machine has taken note that this line of reasoning is ripe for exploitation.

Expect the next major wave of propaganda to come in "our" language.

They are just adapting their message. Its always great to turn us against something, commies, nazis, whatever, and the elite can make an elite for us to hate if thats what we seen to want.

They will just morph. They will set up someone who SHOULD have been our ally and make them look like the elite so we all attack them, and they, who are really the elite, will dress up and pretend to be us.

Its what they do. Its what they have always done.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A decade ago I scared the crap out of people. My family, my friends, and especially my girlfriends thought I was certifiable. Not because of any erratic mood swings, nor for violent behavior, but because of my ideas!

Twenty years ago I began putting effort into convincing people that the so called war on drugs was a war on unalienable rights, and if people didn't roll their eyes and casually dismiss me, they did so with vehement anger. The very day of 9/11 I remarked that this was most likely an inside job used as an excuse expand government, and virtually everyone I knew laughed at me openly and derisively. Crazy was not my middle name, for people who knew me, it was my first name.

Today, I am no longer viewed as crazy. Today, I am listened to by a great deal of people who used to never give me the time of day, let alone the consideration that I might be right about some of the problems I was pointing to. It reminds me of the old tale of the great king who left his kingdom to see the world and while gone his enemies had poisoned the well, so when the people drank from the well they went insane. When the king returned, he returned to a kingdom of insane subjects and lamented for days that he could no longer reasonably rule his kingdom because all his people had drunk from the poisoned well and were now insane. The court jester, crazy himself, and merely joking, suggested that the king drink from the well as well.

The king saw wisdom in this and took the advise, and the next day when the people awoke, they rejoiced because their great king had finally returned. I think of this fable, only in reverse, and what I see is more and more people drinking from the well of sanity, and with each day, I rejoice because the people have finally returned to sanity.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
The king saw wisdom in this and took the advise, and the next day when the people awoke, they rejoiced because their great king had finally returned. I think of this fable, only in reverse, and what I see is more and more people drinking from the well of sanity, and with each day, I rejoice because the people have finally returned to sanity.

That's a great post, I agree but I can't help but worry about what the final solution will be even when the "sane" are the majority.

I guess that's the question most people are wondering about, maybe it's one of those things that we'll have to make the play book as we go. The ol' zig....make correction....zag. Just hope we don't zag when we should've zigged

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Being right about some of these "conspiracy theories" is like the proverbial "having a tiger by the tail....what now?"

People saw and commented about me and my wife moving way out into the country...they heard my comments about stocking up and filling the root cellar. When I got pigs and livestock..they asked why all the work? I answered "one day you won't be able to buy it in the store." They laughed then...not any more.

So now, with the big jump in food and gas and commodity prices...friends and family now look at me as the "go to guy."

Based on news and analysis from alternative news sources, the little articles that are in the mainstream but hidden on page 14 at the bottom, and the news I get here at ATS... I look a lot smarter than I am...not so, just proactive...but they don't know that.

So just like you...they are asking what comes next, they seek advice on gardens and farming, they are commenting on world events and economics, and what is really amusing...gratifying...and scary all at once is how they try to bait with code words to see the initial reaction.. will others consider them paranoid or take them seriously....words or comments like..."I heard they found another planet in space and it's getting closer." or " Do you believe Obama is really in control?" or " I heard they were printing more money...I wonder if they are trying to destroy the dollar?"

Anyway, being on the lunatic fringe is getting crowded these days...LOL.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
It's great when you find out somebody you know has the "guilty pleasure" of conspiracy or fringe preoccupations. As this happens more and more, people will naturally feel less shy about bringing up these topics.

There's a lot of truth in that. It's tough when you don't want to look like a nutter, but as soon as someone mentions something remotely similar to what you research you jump all over it like they're a long lost friend.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
So just like you...they are asking what comes next, they seek advice on gardens and farming, they are commenting on world events and economics, and what is really amusing...gratifying...and scary all at once is how they try to bait with code words to see the initial reaction.. will others consider them paranoid or take them seriously....words or comments like..."I heard they found another planet in space and it's getting closer." or " Do you believe Obama is really in control?" or " I heard they were printing more money...I wonder if they are trying to destroy the dollar?"

Anyway, being on the lunatic fringe is getting crowded these days...LOL.

That's it, you pegged it. It's code words. I never thought about it like that, probably because I never bring anything up to anyone else. They are fishing, and testing the waters. I just naively thought of it as happenstance. I'm very slow trying to speed up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join