It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker group vows 'cyberwar' on US government, Anon spills it!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

DALLAS — A leader of the computer hackers group known as Anonymous is threatening new attacks on major U.S. corporations and government officials as part of at an escalating “cyberwar” against the citadels of American power.
“It’s a guerrilla cyberwar — that’s what I call it,” said Barrett Brown, 29, who calls himself a senior strategist and “propagandist” for Anonymous.
He added: “It’s sort of an unconventional, asymmetrical act of warfare that we’ve involved in. And we didn’t necessarily start it. I mean, this fire has been burning.”

Well, looks like Anon is not so Anon anymore. Now we see the "face" of Anonymous and the spokesperson behind it. Although, as stated in the article, he does NOT participate in the actual hacking, he does advise and acts as a spokesman.
I know some of you are against what this "group" does, but I for one, am happy to see it!
I like this quote from Barrett ,

“Our people break laws, just like all people break laws,” he added. “When we break laws, we do it in the service of civil disobedience. We do so ethically. We do it against targets that have asked for it.”

They remind me of a modern day Robin Hood.

And then, said Brown: “As always, it ends…We are Anonymous. We do not forgive. We do not forget.” “That’s our little motto,” he added.
There is still much about Anonymous that remains obscure -- and which Brown would not reveal.
As he tells it, the group has thousands, if not tens of thousands, of participants, including, he claims, computer managers at major corporations and government agencies and journalists.
But, he says, the group’s activities are governed, or at least shaped, by a much smaller group of a “couple dozen” people that reacts to the “ebb and flow” of events. Their overarching goal, he said, “information freedom.”

Did you notice, the government agencies and journalists part? I think this is more than what some of us thought.
These are not 15 year old kids sitting in their mom's basement.
There will be more to come from Anon..good article!
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wonder if they would accept a list of places to go after and see what kind dirt they can pull out. My short list would be.

Wallstreet
Bank of America
JP Morgan...

Heck with it, I'll do it the easy way. Every bank that took a bailout would be my starting point.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
..This man does not speak for Anonymous. Anonymous has no leader, they have no direction. Everyone is Anonymous, they are led by no one, only their actions.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
First rule of warfare has been breached. Anonymous means unknown....
Is it better to let ones "ego" take over and out what one is doing, or take lessons from your enemy
and keep things below radar detection.

He has given away part of their strategy and in doing so, opened Anonymous up for heavier tracking
making it more difficult to achieve their goals.

One who chooses to fight for the people, no matter in what medium they choose, must also learn that
certain disclosures are tantamount to "bragging" and may lead to downfall.

Like his motto...but he didn't need to say it was his, he may be a part of Anonymous...Anonymous is "One"...

If they do not look at their group as such then they are no better than the enemy they are fighting...
BTW...keep an eye on those that say they work for the very companies and agencies you are looking into.
Be careful where you place your trust...

~as above...so below~
edit on 9-3-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: clairification

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I call BS

Anonymous has no leaders, no "higher-ups" in the way people assume there is, and that is how it remains working. The only time hierarchy exists are in the individual attacks.

[Mod Edit - replaced quote with Reply To tab]
edit on 9/3/2011 by Sauron because: replaced unnecessary quote with reply to tab

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Go ANON!!!

Bring the bastards to their knees and make them squeel like a pig!!!

Am I a terrorist now for supporting their efforts??
Am I an "Anti Government Extremist"????

Or

Am I a PATRIOT?

I can tell you one thing,
THEY are Patriots!!!
Each and everyone of them!
I salute you, whoever you are!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nuker

I guess we will find out if he is an imposter or not sooner or later. Im sure anonymous wont like if someone is spreading false information about them and they will let it be known.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm sure that this guy is full of it... but DHS will still probably spend an inordinate amount of our money to track and spy on him.

My guess is that they'll listen in on a bunch of whack-sessions and anime marathons.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by voiceoreason

If it keeps resources and attention off of the real Anon and members then let the guy have his 15 minutes.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Thats one way to look at it!!

I was also kind of shocked to see the "face of anon"..doesnt seem anon anymore..does it?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
well,,some like this and are happy,,,

I personally really dont admire them at all...

In the beginning they had a purpose/point ,,(I thought) but who do they answer to???

There not helping by releaseing easy targets for terrorist to attact,,and the coffe talk opinions between diplomants is interesting but walking a fine line...in its importance I mean...

Id like to know more on how they feel about other countries and atrocities besides the US??

The crap they pull they'd be hung in China,,In iran their whole family would be im-prisoned/ some hung,,,Korea the same but all executed,,,,
Do you want me to name a few more "Toilet" countries and the corruption there...

What country do they want to be in "charge" or the "big boy on the block"????

I bet 60% of this organization/gang without a leader would,,,,would probly say Cuba.
(Start a new political group there you'll end up in prison)

I read on the mafia during ww2 1940's area and 50's,,,In cuba..
very interesting!!

back to topic,,,smile

To tell you the truth,,I just dont admire nor trust them,,,,

A lot of what they spill/feed us,, happens in every goverment/kings/dictotors/cheifs/tribal elders in the WORLD...
The culture and world has changed,,,not for the best I think..

Please take no offense or get mad at me on my opionion,,,I am not mad at you.....

interesting topic

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Little_Kona

It's quite alright, everyone is free to express their opinions

I for one, am just glad to see a so called "robin hood" in our midst!

They answer to no one, Im assuming, but they are "governed" in a way.

But, he says, the group’s activities are governed, or at least shaped, by a much smaller group of a “couple dozen” people that reacts to the “ebb and flow” of events. Their overarching goal, he said, “information freedom.”

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Were is the "We are legion" phrase? Is that not politically correct anymore? Is somebody dressing anon up? Is somebody posing as anon?

Here's the big one are certain government agencies posing as anon?

www.thehackernews.com...

Always more questions than answers with anon,guess I'll stop and get some popcorn and apply for my new internet license,because that is where we're headed.
edit on 3/9/11 by nickoli because: sp

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I was confused why I was flagged T&C... I just reposed the quote from anon in the OP and showed it came for a song.

I just wanted to post and say there was nothing negative in that comment, the mod just felt the song would pull the discussion off topic to the song.

I as always appreciate the wonderful job the moderators do, it's not an easy job, but it helps keep ATS and the best site on the web.

Back to the topic. Yes, the war was not started by anon. The first steps were fired by our governments and they continue to escalate it for profits for their buddies.

Great find

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This looks like total BS. The DHS and NSA et al want a cyber-war so they can hammer into place even more draconian internet policies like the kill switch and privacy invasion. This guy and his comments are a plant.

All the real members of anon are probably scratching their heads wondering who the hack this guy is.

If this guy was for real, and based on his admission he is a "leader" of anon, the fed would be able to go after him for every case of hacking and intrusion connected to anon, he'd be hit with conspiracy, just for being part of that group. Then the civil penalties would hit, all those hacked companies would be after him. But you won't see any of this, because he's just a plant.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You know, you guys may be right! I didnt think of it that way..you have to admit, it IS odd that Anon would expose itself, even if its just one member.

This could be another way for TPTB to infiltrate again..or I could just be a paranoid nutcase.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I call BS

Anonymous has no leaders, no "higher-ups" in the way people assume there is, and that is how it remains working. The only time hierarchy exists are in the individual attacks.

[Mod Edit - replaced quote with Reply To tab]
edit on 9/3/2011 by Sauron because: replaced unnecessary quote with reply to tab

I disagree. I think they are way more involved & structured than the majority believes.. BUT, I don't necessarily think that they would've come out and said something like this.. I'm skeptical of this person, and am wondering if he's going against Anonymous in doing this. They wouldn't just come out and declare war before anything of value was accomplished.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Whatever the sinerio, the fact remains, if you subscribe to the mission and purpose of anonymous, then you, in a scenes, are anonymous. I think that may be the point exactly. I am anonymous, you're anonymous, we all are. They can't put us all in jail. It is up to everyone to play their part. Though I have no part of anonymous, maybe if the alphabet agencies ever ask, maybe I'll just say, yes, yes I am.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
One doesn't see Anonymous when they are not moving.
One can see them when they act, if one knows where to look.
By the time they are acting, it is too late.

I wrote a piece on the metaphysical right of cyberprotest, in an attempt to help define the parameters that the media seemed to be having such trouble with.

You may view it here

I say, those who want to call themselves spokespersons of such a group are likely not.
I could be wrong.
However, as all one need do to garner Anonymous action is attract enough attention in an arena of anon interest and capability, are we not all "spokespeople?"
As we are all anonymous.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join