It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin PIC/DATA!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam4000

thats because doomsday asteroids tend to wipe out history. There are many episodes of dark ages in our past, do not assume too much.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I rememebr in 1986, when halleys comet came around i wa 11. On the news, USA, ESA, and russia had sent probe satellites to it. Giotto was big news. was watching yuotube footage of it yesterday! now maybe if thiers time, is for jet propulsion laboratory/NASA ESA to make a simple technological spacecraft and take an opportunity to get close n personal with a comet coming so close! mabe even sample it! bring some hand sized samples back to earth!
well, if its in their budget...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Hi ngchunter,

Thank you for your assessment of the vid that I posted. I hadn't got that deep into it before posting it, just watched it once real quick and felt the need to get an opinion about it. Was in a big hurry.

I hadn't even had the chance to catch the obvious inaccuracies of any of the claims, before you so expertly pointed them out.

And I had not heard of "astrolpatroit" before you mentioned this Youtuber. Didn't know about him being "busted as a lying hoaxer" of stealing "an image of a Mead ETX 70 from an amateur".

"his claims are full of problems and he demonstrates a complete lack of astronomical knowledge."

You not only pinned the tail on the donkey but you got it right where's it's supposed to go.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by Antoniastar

Well from what I have observed from your presented data it seems there is much to question as far as why certain images are blacked out from general public. I am not sure if the ELENIN is Nibiru/Nemesis/Planet x but I do find it weird that it is coming near on a untracked path in these times. Yes there have been many global situations that seem to hint at some UNKNOWN force interacting with EA. Now I seen in the data how it mentions the Binary star and celestial bodies it may have with it. And I don't doubt this just from information I have seen posted about there potentially being a large mass/size celestial body out there in the OORT cloud dislodging other celestials in its region once stationary in the OORT but moved from a Celestial object out there. I find that strange as well as the fact that there are new scopes up that are searching for celestial objects that may not show photon signature but show heat signature. This as well hints to me at least that something is out there and is being observed. Nibiru not sure as of yet have to get closer pics somewhat like the winged celestial you presented. So over all I do feel there is a force in the SOL system as of now interacting with the existing celestial bodies of the SOL system. Proof I feel is how Venus was struck in 8-09 and Jupiter in 7-09 So not to speculate to far I do think something is out there. Inhabited, 1 can assume.

Thanks for your input in the thread

edit on 3/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

You're quite welcome.
And thank you very much for your evaluation of the vid that I had posted.

certain images are blacked out from general public

Yes! Exactly.

So over all I do feel there is a force in the SOL system as of now interacting with the existing celestial bodies of the SOL system. Proof I feel is how Venus was struck in 8-09 and Jupiter in 7-09 So not to speculate to far I do think something is out there. Inhabited, 1 can assume.

I agree. In my opinion, there is a force that is influencing our solar system in a ? way. Yes, increased activity on Venus and Jupiter is proof enough for me. Oh do you think that “Comet Elenin” is occupied? Hmmmm I wonder about that sometimes. If the hollow model of how planets are formed in Nature holds true, there might just be something to your assumption.

I’ve don’t know if Comet Elenin is being confused with the winged planet, Nibiru, or what. Maybe Elenin is really a hollowed out asteroid? Who knows for sure?

We don’t really know for sure if “Comet Elenin” has made a full orbit around whatever…be it Nemisis, Sol, or our solar system. It could be just appearing to be behaving orbitally.

What if aliens were trying to sneak up on us? Wow. lol Okay that's not funny.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: oops.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun

Originally posted by nataylor

Oh wow, thank you for correcting my 5 AM mistake where I accidentally wrote astrologer instead of astronomer, and what nice tone you write it in too.
There's a big difference between astrologer and astronomer. The differences are quite important. My tone was meant to be nothing more than a helpful correction.

In an equally level tone; No, you are wrong. NASA has cited a number of pages to 'Comet Elenin' on it's official website which can be seen accessed by performing a simple search on it's main page. Here is a some information that NASA has said; some.....
Yup, they've got a couple Ask an Astrobiologist answers that deal with Elenin. Other than that, and the JPL Small Body Database info, no real commentary or data. Certainly not any kind of PR campaign. As I said, NASA doesn't have much to say about Elenin.

HA! Well since I have nothing else to do today, and its freezing outside I decided to do a little research about Comet Elenin, Leonid Elenin, the supposed IASC Astronomer who works at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences).

So NASA doesn't really have much to say? Hmm that's interesting... and I will tell you why..

I googled Leonid Elenin, and the first page that comes up is the amateur looking iasc.hsutx.edu... page which gives this little description about him:

"Mr. Elenin is an amateur astronomer from Lubertsy City, Russia, located near Moscow. With a passion for astronomy since childhood, he studies minor objects in the Solar System and variable stars. He has discovered more than 10 variable stars and numerous asteroids. He works at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences)."

Now presuming that we bpage looks old because it is in fact outdated, we can be assured that Mr. Elenin does 'apparently' work at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics like the first web page mentions, because by searching his name we also come up with this page: www.linkedin.com...
Which states the same information "Leonid Elenin, Astronomy at Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics RAS, in the Educational Institution" This website is also from 2010.

So not only do these two websites is that Mr Elenin not only works in Moscow, Russia, but he teaches Astrology at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics.

With more digging we see that NASA's official webpage, as countless other's states "It was discovered with a robotic telescope in New Mexico on 10 December 2010 by Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin', but that is it. No mention of his job, or where that job is located.

Hmmm now isn't that odd? Now how can he be work for an educational institution, a university ne doubt, and teach astrology, and yet also be an "amateur" like NASA reports? Let's not forget that on NASA's press release they leave out any and all mention of his employment.....

Hmmm I don't know something smells fishy to me, let's keep digging...

So as NASA states Mr. Elenin discovered the comet(also known as C/2010 X1 according to NASA and Wikipedia) when he was using a 'robotic telescope in New Mexico'. Now how on Earth would an 'amateur astrologer' as NASA deemed Mr. Elenin ever get access to a robotic telescope in New Mexico? Not to mention that the contradicting stories get even more crossed when one wonders why he isn't actually in Moscow to begin with there he's suppose to be teaching astrology in a university???

Obviously NASA fudged there stories by accident when they deemed "Mr.Elenin" to be an amateur astrologer on one site, and a university professor on another(am I hinting that they made him up?? yes!)

BUT WAIT! lol. it get's EVEN better.

Now as nataylor stated "As I said, NASA doesn't have much to say about Elenin." and on the previous page "Number one, NASA had nothing to do with this discovery. Number two, here are a bunch of pictures:" with the accompanying link www.aerith.net... to some pictures.

So I decided to look up these robotic telescoped in New Mexico and I found all of them. They are as follows....

NF/ Observatory
Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research (LINEAR)
RAPTOR Los Alamos National Laboratory
ROTSE Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment

now why don't we take a closer look...

NF/ Observatory
Western New Mexico University in Silver City
"Funded in part by support from the NASA Arkansas Space Grant Consortium, Henderson State University, and the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics."
www.nfo.edu...

White Sands Missile Range in Socorro, New Mexico
"is an MIT Lincoln Laboratory program funded by the United States Air Force and NASA"
www.ll.mit.edu...

Los Alamos, NM
ISR-1 is engaged in a mixture of civilian- and defense-related programs supported by DOE, DOD, NASA, and other US government agencies.
www.raptor.lanl.gov...

Los Alamos, NM
"The ROTSE research program is supported by NASA, NSF, the Research Corporation, The Planetary Society and the participating institutions."
www.umich.edu...

HA! There ALL supported/funded by NASA! The robotic telescope that "Leonid Elenin"(who doesn't exist on the internet outside of the two profile pages) 'discovered' Comet Elenin/C/2010 X1 using a NASA frick-a-ding-dong telescope that belongs to a NASA sponsored program.

Aslo the link that nataylor left me with the supposed pictures www.aerith.net...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That's actually not true, Elenin's trajectory is calculated with good precision. All possible gravitational influences from the planets (and even the asteroids in the main belt) are already taken into the account. Don't forget that all bodies orbiting the Sun obey the Kepler's laws, and we've been using those for hundreds of years. Scientists can make calculations precise enough to land a probe on a comet!

Elenin's calculated orbit will become more and more refined with further observations, but it's not expected to change in any significant way. spaceobs.org...

I do hope for a good show in the sky and a meteor shower.

Here's more pics of the comet: www.aerith.net...
edit on 14-3-2011 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
How big is this comet is my first question?

And secondly, what are the chances of this comet being caught in the gravitational field of one of the planets and becoming another moon? or is it moving too fast for that?

The comet is estimated to be around 3-4 km in diameter (relatively small for a long-period comet).

The comet's trajectory is well-calculated, and any chance of being captured or deflected by a planet would be taken into the acount. So far, there's no chance of that happening.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I find humanity a funny thing in this solar system

Let me explain what will happen partially to Earth soon an object will soon hit the moon and basically rip a giant chunk out of it. The so called chunks will fly towards Earth most of America will be scorched and so shall some pacific also asian nations. This will be the date of the great fire from the sky and to top it off the so called Destroyer your kind speaks of is already on its way.

Just remember a comet, stone, planet or any object can be redirected by those that hold the key to what you all have. So much potential we watch of you go to waste it is truly saddening but what is needed will be done and what is done will happen for a reason. I am not here to pass judgment onto you nor are they who watch this game or school if you understand it.

There are good news a second planet is already in a so called stand by mode if things here become lets call it too much uninhabitable

Anyway Im off to my meditation and days training you guys need to work together it will be the biggest part of the final test you know

Best of Luck to all of you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hi very inresting thread. I posted some things on the page 4 of this thread which could be linked.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Oh wow, thank you for correcting my 5 AM mistake where I accidentally wrote astrologer instead of astronomer, and what nice tone you write it in too.
There's a big difference between astrologer and astronomer. The differences are quite important. My tone was meant to be nothing more than a helpful correction.

In an equally level tone; No, you are wrong. NASA has cited a number of pages to 'Comet Elenin' on it's official website which can be seen accessed by performing a simple search on it's main page. Here is a some information that NASA has said; some.....
Yup, they've got a couple Ask an Astrobiologist answers that deal with Elenin. Other than that, and the JPL Small Body Database info, no real commentary or data. Certainly not any kind of PR campaign. As I said, NASA doesn't have much to say about Elenin.

HA! Well since I have nothing else to do today, and its freezing outside I decided to do a little research about Comet Elenin, Leonid Elenin, the supposed IASC Astronomer who works at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences).

So NASA doesn't really have much to say? Hmm that's interesting... and I will tell you why..

I googled Leonid Elenin, and the first page that comes up is the amateur looking iasc.hsutx.edu... page which gives this little description about him:

"Mr. Elenin is an amateur astronomer from Lubertsy City, Russia, located near Moscow. With a passion for astronomy since childhood, he studies minor objects in the Solar System and variable stars. He has discovered more than 10 variable stars and numerous asteroids. He works at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences)."

Now presuming that we bpage looks old because it is in fact outdated, we can be assured that Mr. Elenin does 'apparently' work at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics like the first web page mentions, because by searching his name we also come up with this page: www.linkedin.com...
Which states the same information "Leonid Elenin, Astronomy at Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics RAS, in the Educational Institution" This website is also from 2010.

So not only do these two websites is that Mr Elenin not only works in Moscow, Russia, but he teaches Astrology at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics.

With more digging we see that NASA's official webpage, as countless other's states "It was discovered with a robotic telescope in New Mexico on 10 December 2010 by Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin', but that is it. No mention of his job, or where that job is located.

Hmmm now isn't that odd? Now how can he be work for an educational institution, a university ne doubt, and teach astrology, and yet also be an "amateur" like NASA reports?

Teaching astronomy, not astrology, does not make you a professional astronomer. There's even a group of amateur astronomers in my hometown who all work for NASA. Even working for NASA does not make you a professional astronomer. That said, Leonid Elenin does not work for NASA and the astronomy he does with the telescope he used to discover his comet is as a hobbyist, not a paid professional

Let's not forget that on NASA's press release they leave out any and all mention of his employment.....

It's not relevant.

Hmmm I don't know something smells fishy to me, let's keep digging...

So as NASA states Mr. Elenin discovered the comet(also known as C/2010 X1 according to NASA and Wikipedia) when he was using a 'robotic telescope in New Mexico'. Now how on Earth would an 'amateur astrologer' as NASA deemed Mr. Elenin ever get access to a robotic telescope in New Mexico?

I suggest you study up on amateur astronomy a lot more before you start defaming people out of ignorance. Many amateur astronomers own robotic telescopes, myself included. Some even place their robotic scopes at remote locations with dark skies and control them remotely from home. Though I can't afford land like that, I too have operated my telescope remotely before and I know many other amateurs who can afford to put their telescopes into permanent housings either to be operated remotely or locally as need be.
www.lozanoobservatory.com...

Not to mention that the contradicting stories get even more crossed when one wonders why he isn't actually in Moscow to begin with there he's suppose to be teaching astrology in a university???

Astronomy, not astrology. You can be in moscow operating a telescope you own in New Mexico remotely over the internet. Welcome to the 21st century. Like I said, you should study up on the current status of amateur astronomy more.

Obviously NASA fudged there stories by accident when they deemed "Mr.Elenin" to be an amateur astrologer on one site, and a university professor on another(am I hinting that they made him up?? yes!)

Wow, so now a regular amateur astronomer is part of a NASA conspiracy. The sad part is you came to this conclusion based on complete ignorance of what it means to be an amateur astronomer and just what we're capable of.

So I decided to look up these robotic telescoped in New Mexico and I found all of them. They are as follows....

NF/ Observatory

LMAO! That is far from a comprehensive list. You only listed professional observatories. Try again. Here's just one example of a collaboration of amateur astronomers who run telescopes remotely in New Mexico:
www.starshadows.com...
Another example:
www.rc-astro.com...
Get the picture?

Anyone go look all this up for yourself. "Leonid Elenin" is NASA. Period.

So yes nataylor, an entire PR campaign by NASA.
beat that.

That's defamation. You utterly failed to find even one amateur remote observatory in New Mexico, even though there are many of them. I suggest you study up on amateur astronomy a lot more and then retract your claims about Leonid Elenin.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
now maybe if thiers time, is for jet propulsion laboratory/NASA ESA to make a simple technological spacecraft and take an opportunity to get close n personal with a comet coming so close! mabe even sample it!

It's already been done:
NASA - Stardust

And there is a mission currently in progress:
Rosetta

There are future sample return missions being planned too:
The Comet Coma Rendezvous Sample Return (CCRSR) Mission

There are also missions to return samples from asteroids that are in the pipleline, like JAXA's Hayabusa 2.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Found a little animation of the comet.

gustavomuler.fotografiaastronomica.com...

Original source:
www.iceinspace.com.au...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
reply to post by flashcube

Just why is it important to many folks here? It is just a comet, it may be visible to the naked eye, may be not I guess we will have to wait. There have been many comets before that and there will be many after it, I want to know what makes this one particularly special from the rest.

Because Elenin and its path/angle/position was the basis for validating 2 amazing Earthquake Predictions for Japans 9.0 Super-quake on 3/11 and is the first of 3 events still to occur connected to it this year that could be responsible for an even more catastrophic event around Oct 28, September 11th or November 11th.

edit on 21-3-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
we are going to get a taste of what this comet is capable of on the 15th!!!!!
Nothing is going to happen on the 15th.

you're right, cuz IT happened on the 11th as the predictions warned.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

One can only imagine how things this Fall will be. I think it its supposed to be visible then.. And I would like to say another thanks to those who have added good data to this thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread671804/pg6#pid10861022]post by truthseekr1111

One can only imagine how things this Fall will be.

if the japan quake is any indicator, then it doesn't look too good

March celestial alignments already appear to have had some bizarre connections to unique and major Quakes, magnetic pole changes, and WAR.

I think it its supposed to be visible then.. And I would like to say another thanks to those who have added good data to this thread.

S&F for starting this thread mate... will continue to be a good source/thread for those seeking information... especially links to the quake prediction that used Elenin to validate what appears to be a dire warning for 2 other major events that will connect to elenin and align this year.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Because Elenin and its path/angle/position was the basis for validating 2 amazing Earthquake Predictions for Japans 9.0 Super-quake on 3/11 and is the first of 3 events still to occur connected to it this year that could be responsible for an even more catastrophic event around Oct 28, September 11th or November 11th.

Are you sure it wasn't C/2010 L3 Catalina? Or C/2010 J1 Boattini? Or C/2010 E5 Scotti? As a fencer, I'm convinced that P/2010 E2 Jarnac may strike the lethal blow. (Google "coup de Jarnac") The simple fact of the matter is that hundreds of comets and minor planets are discovered every year. IAU Minor Planet Center. What makes you think Elenin is so special?

edit on 21-3-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct typo.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6d31a3642ff.jpg[/atsimg]

6888comete.free.fr...

France pic and site. Says its twice as big as earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Thank you and I hope it helps, if needed.

edit on 3/21/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If this is true Unity_99, then this should be shared with the whole world. Does it calculate its mass as trully being almost Jupiter mass? That size
I hope accurate data comes out and if that is then it should really be discussed.
Thanks again Unity_99
edit on 3/21/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join