It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin PIC/DATA!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So I was just checking out ELENIN and found a pic and some possible good data some people were researching and here it is. The individuals seem to be really interested in ELENIN and their data seems put together well, enjoy.

Feel free to add more data..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2eddb81d76b.jpg[/atsimg]

SpeedN-NM Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1) appears as a tiny, faint smudge in this stack of four 240-second exposures taken on the morning of December 10, 2010, with a remote-controlled telescope in New Mexico. (The quadrupled stars are due to the comet's motion between exposures.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0053e3f0c865.jpg[/atsimg]

E - Earth

W - Venus

M - Mars

The little black curved line represents Mercury.

Hopefully, it should be visible somewhere around mid-August. Its closest approach to the Sun is scheduled in the first half of September. Where it will go exactly - we do not know. Since its orbit is close to the ecliptic plane, it should be visible low in the sky. Orbital parameters are yet uncertain. So far it looks harmless:

Elenin's predicted brightness:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f622dad63ee.gif[/atsimg]

potential direction
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b0d452e28a7.gif[/atsimg]

An interesting alignment occurs right around the autumnal equinox where we have Earth, Comet Elenin, the Sun and almost Mercury lined up like ducks.

Now, have a look at this image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ac50f35f536.jpg[/atsimg]
link
www.sott.net...

edit on 3/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
From what is gathered we will have LIGHT show when it gets close, and it does seem to follow an interesting path.
Be well

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Orbit will change as it gets closer, unknown for sure at this time.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thats what amazes me. Why is it so hard to track its orbital path, I mean it cant make turns right?
Thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Gravity pulls from the sun and inner planets will change it's path as it approaches the sun. Then there's the junk that might be dragged along with it. It'll be a good show at the very least.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Nice and interesting post!
S&F

Since it's Elenin's Frirst Round Around the Sun its course might be hard to be tracked precisely but I assume NASA est ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... and in fact the data you provided give us a quite clear idea. It seems it will be seen naked eye, that's beautiful.

To me it's the most anticipated comet ever

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

What do you suppose is "Elenin" orbiting? I mean if the planets in our solar system are orbiting around the sun, because of its gravitational pull... then what do you suppose provides the "Pull" that keeps this object from just zipping by in a straight line? If the "pull that is keeping "E", in an eliptical orbit was that strong...why wouldnt this same "pull",screw up the orbits of planets within our solar system.
Disclaimer I dont know if I even framed my question the right way, so take it easy please

edit on 9-3-2011 by flashcube because: sp.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its just a comet. No danger. Move along. Wasn't this comet supposed to be the end of the world like, 5 days ago?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Glad to see we have "crowd control" members in place! Elenin is important to many folks here and you can keep your "glib" remarks to yourself, please.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

To me it's the most anticipated comet ever

Thanks. And yes it will be one of the more interesting current Earth celestial encounters. Also its the first time its going around the SUN/SOL, kinda makes you wonder where has it been

Be Well

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by flashcube

What do you suppose is "Elenin" orbiting? I mean if the planets in our solar system are orbiting around the sun, because of its gravitational pull... then what do you suppose provides the "Pull" that keeps this object from just zipping by in a straight line? If the "pull that is keeping "E", in an eliptical orbit was that strong...why wouldnt this same "pull",screw up the orbits of planets within our solar system.
Disclaimer I dont know if I even framed my question the right way, so take it easy please

this is how comets like Halley's keep a schedule, not sure when Elenin's last visit was if ever.

edit on 9-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by flashcube

His remark was rather flippant, but he's speaking the truth. Comet Elenin was (and still is in some people's minds) supposed to be Nibiru, and it was going to bring about all manner of natural disasters when it crossed the ecliptic plane on March 4th. Of course, nothing happened. There's a long, ongoing thread about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by flashcube
I mean if the planets in our solar system are orbiting around the sun, because of its gravitational pull... then what do you suppose provides the "Pull" that keeps this object from just zipping by in a straight line? If the "pull that is keeping "E", in an eliptical orbit was that strong...why wouldnt this same "pull",screw up the orbits of planets within our solar system.

To answer as best as I can, another celestial object larger in mass not size but xould be size as well. And I agree if and only if there is another unseen force directing it then yes it should effect the other celestial bodies within the SOL system. That is unless its a non natural celestial object that has some form of intelligence associated with it... I do remember reading how there are supposed large size or mass objects in OORT cloud tugging on celestials out there and possibly causing celestial objects to be dislodged and sent towards the SUN/SOL.

Hope that answers a little.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

In 11.11.2011 The comet will change its path and this is a super comet we are talking about, which is why if it will fly by close it will be pulled towards Earth. So that pathway will change at the first signs America and other countries will try to shut it down. But it will be a false flag and it will be too late, so listen to the news and radio as soon as you see the signs start preparing food and a shelter for 2 years worth. This is the comet that will split the Earth into kingdoms after its impact. I said enough already but understand you will see the signs for yourself so watch the news and listen to the radio the best you can do is prepare.

Also make sure to stack up on stuff you can trade with the survivors it will be the difference between getting killed in the new world.

You will see the signs of proof in the coming months April, June,August, November.

link   

Just why is it important to many folks here? It is just a comet, it may be visible to the naked eye, may be not I guess we will have to wait. There have been many comets before that and there will be many after it, I want to know what makes this one particularly special from the rest.

edit:
lol supercomet?
What?
No it will not.
edit on 9-3-2011 by pazcat because: stupidosity

link   

Elenin is orbiting the sun.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Its just a comet. No danger. Move along. Wasn't this comet supposed to be the end of the world like, 5 days ago?

I dont know. And dont think its close as of current.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Current magnitude estimates are in the 6-8 range. That roughly between the maximum brightness of Uranus and Neptune. If it's observable by naked eye, it will only be so in very dark areas. It's certainly not going to be spectacular to the naked eye.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Great video, and I hate to be so "stupid", but when the two planets are closest to each other, I can see them "turning" becuse of the forces they describe...but whe the planets are "farthest" from each other, It seems that they are being "pulled" back by some "other" force originating at the center of their perspaective cycles. Almost as if there is an planet so black that you cant see it, that the "pull" is originating from.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SubjectQR46J29P

Thank you for the empathy - compassion and LOVE. Noted

STARS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb17c519abe1.gif[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join