It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your fracking hands off my Yellowstone !! Gas Companies plan to Drill on Yellowstone's doorstep

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

I'd be curious to know if Wyoming has a website with the Google Earth applications that show all the permitted wells and injection sites. Like Arkansas has. Makes it nice to know exactly who has the permits and where the sites are located.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
what i cant believe is how freaking stupid doing this is .

are they trying to cause an eruption ??

i dunno i just think this would be really stupid of them .. is somebody planning to try and stop them?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by herenow

I'd be curious to know if Wyoming has a website with the Google Earth applications that show all the permitted wells and injection sites. Like Arkansas has. Makes it nice to know exactly who has the permits and where the sites are located.

I'll get right on it and try to dig one up for you! And actually, if I remember correctly, someone posted one last week on the "What's Going On At Yellowstone" thread.

Also, I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the oil and gas industry here often intentionally buries or makes it very difficult for laymen to find information on industry dealings. There are several different organizations that manage and issue permits and things like that which makes it somewhat confusing and disorganized. Much of the industry records keeping operates on a mid 1990s technology level meaning important documents are frequently not posted anywhere online and are available only in print. Annoying and frustrating.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Looks like BLM and the state of Wyoming makes a little money leasing taxpayer land.
This is for their last sale February 1, 2011, next sale, May 3, 2011

BLM Oil and Gas Lease Sale Nets Over $2 Million,
State of Wyoming to Get Nearly Half

February 1, 2011

Wyoming Competitive Sale Results Summary

Parcels Offered

Parcels Sold

% Parcels Sold

96.67%

Acres Offered

Acres Sold

% Acres Sold

99.70%

Average Bid/Acre
For Acres Offered
For Acres Sold

$161.79
$162.28

Average Bid/Parcel
For Parcels Offered
For Parcels Sold

$71,766.77
$74,241.48

Highest Bid/Acre

$700.00

Parcel with High Bid/Acre

Highest Bid/Parcel

$306,000.00

Parcel with High Total Bid

Total Bonus Bid

$2,153,003.00

Total Rental Due

$19,914.00

Total Administrative Fees Due

$4,205.00

Total Receipts Due

$2,177,122.00

edit on 9-3-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Everyone has been talking about the sudden upswing in global catastrophes. Blaming shifting poles, pole reversals etc... Has anyone done a worldwide study comparing when the upswing started in each individual area. And when fracking, deep well injection, and enhanced geothernals started? Earthquakes, volcanos, mud volcanos, rifts etc... Bet not.... Perhaps it is time?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm torn between laughing & worrying atm...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
An interesting article on the transparancy of fracking with Wyoming, Blm and our Washington Politicians.

www.gjsentinel.com...

Its all about money and greased palms.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Here you go:

Like I mentioned, about a week ago, I asked the thread over at "What's Going On At Yellowstone" if anyone had seen a map of the Wyoming wells and sites, and UtahRosebud
found and posted it in response. Here is the original source from a blog:

Source

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

An interesting article on the transparancy of fracking with Wyoming, Blm and our Washington Politicians.

www.gjsentinel.com...

Its all about money and greased palms.

And how. Check out this Wyo BLM employee leasing scandal printed in last week's Friday edition of the Casper Star-Tribune:

trib.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Looks like they have been doing this close to Yellowstone and having problems for awhile.

seekingalpha.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Thanks, that at least shows me that what I am looking for must exist., I'm looking for an application from BLM or the state of Wyoming that allows for an overlay of wells onto Google Earth. One obviously exists for that map to come out.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

[snip]

More information on threats to the Greater Yellowstone Area. A local group turned trying to save what they love. .

138 Natural Gas wells being considered near Yellowstone and Grand Teton Park

Smog in Wyoming - might it affect the Class I airshed protection granted to National Parks by the Clean Air Act. Looks like this is already happening. Visibility is decreasing due to smog encroachment on Grand Teton and Yelowstone Park areas.

Wyoming Plagued by Big City Smog

Then there is always the potential for Onshore Blowouts - just like BP in the Gulf of Mexico ...

On Shore Gas Well Blowouts in Wyoming

Link removed, no recruitment allowed for any causes.
edit on 9/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by herenow

These are not Google Earth files but if anybody has GIS (Geographic Information Systems) software the information available for mapping is nearly unlimited. Here are some GIS data libraries for the Intermountain area. Hope it helps.

USGS National Oil and Gas Assessment Online

Core Repository, Well Log Links

USFS Referenced Geospatial Library

Geographic Information Systems for Oil and Gas

A free application to view and create maps from some of the above information. ArcGIS Explorer

There is a great deal of useful information available in GIS libraries.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Arluk because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by Arluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
frackingyellowstone.wordpress.com...

It is ready. Tell me what it needs!

Free GIS mapping software (Note: Not everything on that page is FREE)
software.geocomm.com...

edit on 9/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

By the way Google Earth can be used as a GIS viewer;
spatialnews.geocomm.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
They are planning on doing the exact same thing in NZ.....

it works like this...you borrow from the IMF, you pay with your assets! To my knowledge, the USA borrowed $100B from the IMF.
edit on 9-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I remember that there were similarities between Mt. St-Helens and Yellowstone. But in the case of Yellowstone, the explosion would be far more devastating.

Question is, is it better to let them drill and allow a controlled pressure release or wait until it explodes?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Seems to me like they don't give a crap and never will..as long as the pockets are deep who cares about a couple million lives. Especially when it is apparent that there are too many people on the planet. GREED!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

A nice idea in theory, however it does not and cannot work. A drill hole is too small to relieve pressure whereas fracking, or hydraulic fracturing is splitting the rocks with water pressure. The splits follow lines of weakness in the strata. Whilst it is unlikely that the act of fracking would connect directly to the magma chamber, it could cause earthquakes and could lead to the addition of water to the magma chamber via the weakened rock structure - this is the fear.

If that happens --------------->>>

Boom!

PDF maps of Oil and Gas Leases by State

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Puterman, you forgot to mention and all should keep in mind, this is not just water they are forcing down into the rock, it is a potion of vile chemicals including DIESEL FUEL! Now, the though of water making it's way into the chamber is frightening enough - but Diesel Fuel - --

Sitting here just shaking my head the thoughts and things I want to type at the moment would most likely end with men in black suits and sunglasses showing up here in There shiny new black suv's

I think it is almost time that all of us here let a close friend or partner know our sign in information - just in case and so word can be spread.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hey there, guys and gals. I'm a bit short on time for commenting at the moment, but I did want to acknowledge and thank Robin for bringing this dire situation to our attention, though it did result in some sleep deprivation after discovering it late last night! It was a definite "OMG!" moment once again, after seeing the thread. I'm at a loss for words (beyond a few choice expletives) in attempting to define and express my emotions concerning this matter. I think the whole insane notion of this goes beyond even human greed....it appears to be more like we are up against the most vile and evil forces of the worst kind. In which case we are very dispensable, but fight we must, till our last dying breath. Godspeed, with wishes for a good day to all. I'll be back to catch up later in the day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join