It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your fracking hands off my Yellowstone !! Gas Companies plan to Drill on Yellowstone's doorstep

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thats what seismic ships do!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow. That is the ultimate in stupidity. I can't think of anything dumber (ever) at the moment. Who the hell are these people???

Think Deepwater Horizon times 5 billion.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Thank you for starting this thread. I know what you mean by "saving" Yellowstone. I feel that way about Rocky Mountain National Park and my beloved Ozark Mountains.
I am obsessed by water as well. I worked in a wholesale aquarium with over 2000 tanks of fish. I was surrounded by hundreds of thousands of gallons of water every day for 10 years. I have a few hundred gallons of aquariums here at home,

The root of all my concern about the fracking/drilling/polluting is simple: water. We die without it.

And I cannot help but wonder, why do the corporations want to cause an extinction level event by fracking in seismographically sensitive zones?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

Puterman, you forgot to mention and all should keep in mind, this is not just water they are forcing down into the rock, it is a potion of vile chemicals including DIESEL FUEL! Now, the though of water making it's way into the chamber is frightening enough - but Diesel Fuel - --

Sitting here just shaking my head the thoughts and things I want to type at the moment would most likely end with men in black suits and sunglasses showing up here in There shiny new black suv's

I think it is almost time that all of us here let a close friend or partner know our sign in information - just in case and so word can be spread.

Excellent point, Anmarie!!

Lets add "fuel to the fire" by pumping in ACTUAL FUEL, so when hot magma hits it, BOOOOOOOM!!!

My God... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is BAD BAD BAD!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Let me be the first to say.

Drill, baby, drill.

I have not seen anything else that is fueling the economy. If it tanks we tank. Then we will not be able to enjoy the little things in life. Until someone can bring to the table a real economical factor in reducing consumption, then it needs produced. You cannot deny that.

No oil, no bread on the shelf.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Maybe its just a few of us, but this just sounds like a really bad idea to me. I mean you are talking about adding stress to area that if it goes it takes out a good portion of the US and would lead to a Global event? yea doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize this is not a well thought out plan.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It is rather fascinating and don't really know what the heck to think about the reasons they would actually do this? Plenty of other places to drill in America, why in the world would you pick some place with a potential super volcano?Mmm, wondering if I should just keep on watching V and the Event, taking them in for the entertainment value they appear to be, or really begin to question if the TPTB do have some sort of horrific agenda that means the extinction of man? It is obvious they are all a bunch of power hungry, greedy monsters but most of us still believe they have as much to lose as the rest of us should the planet go belly up. Don't really know whether to laugh or cry about any of this....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
*snniiiiiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffffffff* Ahhh~...
The smell of fresh DOOM AND DESTRUCTION in the morning. ^_~ Nothing like it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Let me be the first to say.

Drill, baby, drill.

I have not seen anything else that is fueling the economy. If it tanks we tank. Then we will not be able to enjoy the little things in life. Until someone can bring to the table a real economical factor in reducing consumption, then it needs produced. You cannot deny that.

No oil, no bread on the shelf.

That is just about the stupidest thing I have seen on ATS since joining!

For a start it is completely untrue. This is about greed not bread on the shelf.

You might want to take the risk but if Yellowstone blows it is not just you that tank - it is the world.

Now frankly I don't care if YOU tank, but I do care if my family in Ireland and England tank so take your selfish notions and shove them where... - well you know where!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This link contains everything you're looking for as it pertains to injection, disposal, formations, horizontal wells, etc.

wogcc.state.wy.us...

Click "Injection", for example, you'll go to the injection and disposal subgroup, then click all injection wells for the map. Click on the boxes for details on registration.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

One can only hope that when they reach too far under the big Yellow a wild uprising of magma will find it's way to the drilling site and "pop goes the weasel(s)".

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Thank you Puterman. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Obviously the want to not focus on the new madrid fault anymore and go for the big one.
More Bang for their Buck!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I am not a trained seismologist, nor a geologist. I've just had a keen interest in volcanoes and earthquakes.
In my studies, I have found research to show that the geysers of Yellowstone can be remotely triggered by distant large earthquakes in Alaska. I'm not digging and sourcing at the moment.

This means earthquake waves can change the plumbing of Yellowstone. Slight changes will cause the geysers to stop suddenly, while making other dormant vents open. It's all about the water. Not the magma chamber.

So remote triggering is caused by the waves of distant earthquakes creating slight changes in the groundwater in another region. I just saw remote triggering in Arkansas with the last two larger earthquakes in Japan. There is other evidence for the Arkansas quakes being caused by water. I'm not comment on harmonic tremors. That's not for me to judge. I got a theory, but that can wait.

This is all related to Yellowstone. Fracking, and injection if permitted, will remotely trigger Yellowstone. You make the connections. I did. I'm too busy at the moment. Really busy.

Explore.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is hypocrisy at its best. Let's hold off drilling for oil, and withhold the permits despite them already being approved, because it's simply too dangerous for the environment. I know -- let's drill right next to a super volcano that is overdue for an eruption! Perfect!

Is the country not tanking fast enough or what? They thought they would help it along?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
More ammo for the fight, Robin.

Just found this on Yahoo News.

Folks who live near the gas fields in the western part of this outdoorsy state are complaining of watery eyes, shortness of breath and bloody noses because of ozone levels that have exceeded what people in L.A. and other major cities wheeze through on their worst pollution days.

Wyoming Plagued By Smog

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbaker90

Originally posted by Weeeden
As much as I'd like to see Yellowstone, I'm too scared to even go there for a visit, let alone to drill into the earth around it!!! sheeesh, sounds like a suicide mission!

unfortunately if that volcano was to erupt, it wouldn't just be the drillers that would be killed. Scientists say that if it did happen it would destroy the united states and eventually most of the world. Yellowstone Supervolcano
edit on 3/8/2011 by mbaker90 because: (no reason given)

Somebody with good shooting skills should snipe these bastards one by one to deliver them from their stupidity .. just kill them and burry them right there at the edge of yellow stone .. it'll be good for the grass ..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What a fracking nightmare...I wish you lots of luck, as the bastards have a lot of resource to push their sludge on through...

And thank you for standing up for the Big Mama Earth, cuz without her where in carnations would we live?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
OMG! They really want to kill us off, don't They?

I'm serious. We need plenum energy NOW! (Zero point energy/"dark" energy/etc.) We need to take back this planet! Please read The End of Entropy and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform linked in my sig. Please. And if you see it as a solution, pass it on to as many as you can. Please.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I just got a warning that our thread has too many posts with short comments. I guess you'll have to put more thought into your outrages. Maybe post a bit how this could affect you? Ask some questions from the people who are familiar with Yellowstone and it's volcano and earthquake swarms.

Did you know I predicted a swarm of earthquakes at Yellowstone? Just ask anyone of my friends from that monster thread if you don't believe me. It was the second largest swarm on record. Fracking is going to make that swarm seem tiny. I documented my prediction and my reasons for that prediction. I was based on research. And based on the science available to me in sources I found while I studied.

So tell us more about why you think it's a bad idea. Fire more shots at the oil guys and the gas guy. Tell me what you're going to do to help stop this from happening. We can just boo from the bleachers. We need to take back the field. We need to participate. I'm really happy about your comments. Really.

They're just not long enough. I got just a slap on the wrist. But I'm still stinging as I come back to class. And I'm embarassed and feel singled out. I've been a bad boy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join