It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your fracking hands off my Yellowstone !! Gas Companies plan to Drill on Yellowstone's doorstep

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A company is trying to lease several hundred acres near a protected wilderness area in my state. The scuttlebutt is that they plan on fracking. The area is also rich in coal, but old mines are already there and they seem not to be interested in the coal. We have a lot of shale here. Sometimes when it rains you can see oil sheen on the puddles.

I will chain myself to a tree if I have to to prevent that from happening in my town. Our drinking water already sucks. It doesn't need to burn too. The area of interest is near a place in the county called "Big Sink". We had a 3.5 earthquake there in 2007 or 2008. The highway fell in. I guess that's not scary enough for some people. Sure the economy is horrible, but short term gains with long term (and possibly deadly) effects is not what my county or this country needs.

If they do frack at Yellowstone and it does explode, TPB are going to find that their money is useless. Nature takes what it wants and can't be bribed. They may think they'll be safe in their bunkers, but eventually they will have to face the music.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

The United Nations will have to approve it first . I'm sure you remember the United Nations Biosphere Reserve thing where we turned over some of our our National Treasures or National Parks to UN oversight . They have stopped a mining operation within the 50 mile buffer zone already .
There goes our NWO in operation .

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, I thought we'd have more people who cared about the fate of our planet. Sure, I appreciate the many comments and observations. But you seem to be a small group of concerned citizens.

Arkansas is in the middle of a swarm of quakes which were caused by injection, can't forget mother nature dumping boatloads of rain and snow to help it all.

I haven't told you all how I see Yellowstone erupting. I have many hypotheses. I believe Yellowstone will be a fluid induces eruption. Don't try and find any research on it. I'm the only has this view. I call it a Mega Eruption. It's must bigger than they think. Because it's fueled by water. The lake will enter the aquifer and destabalize it and this will lead to a cascade of events which cause a change reaction.

Here's a very small version of a Yellowstone eruption. Even though it uses simple things. The dynamic is complex.

www.youtube.com...

Recently, this report came out the finding support my experiment and hypothesis. My video was made four years ago so it took a long time for the research to catch up to me.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
[m

Well you can't expect us to try and do anything about yellowstone tonight do you?? after all american idol is on...now thats whats important!!

Apathy rules now in most people..UNLESS it effects them personally..and too many fail to understand that this does!

But just you wait and see how many jump aboard after something bad happens in Yellowstone...as long as it's not during prime time.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
arkansasmatters.com...

Scott Ausbrooks in Arkansas is linking the quakes here to the injection wells. News from 6 pm

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You need to take a chill pill. If yellowstone blows we are all screwed. I am in the midwest USA. I will be highly impacted if such an event occurs. We will have to learn how to survive if this happens. I cannot sit and worry about this, it will drive me nuts. I already live in the new madrid fault zone. I am more worried about the current economy my friend. I know that most of you think I am crazy, but I believe it is all of the government regulation that is killing this economy.

The roses might smell good in your neck of the woods, but in mine unemployment rates are high. We need jobs and lower energy costs just to survive. I am sorry if I offended you with my real world rational thinking.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Let's be quiet and let it happen. Cause no on will notice until the gas migrates in the Yellowstone's aquifer and Old Faithful becomes a blow torrch. That might get you apathetic boob off you asses. Present company excepted, well there an exception there as well. This is pathetic. Because most people don't even know that they're destoying an area south of Yellowstone as we speak. Let all the natural lands be ruined. Let us blow Yellowstone's top. Who needs it anyway. It was standing in the way of a big clear cut logging operationg.

Back in the olden days they wanted to privatize Yellowstone. How would a big geothermal plant look there instead. Well it would be there only until the started quakes and caused an eruption.

Sometimes I think we'll have deserved our fate.

We'll be fracked to death. By a million litte pin pricks. A million drilling bores.

Frack the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I love posting to these. I can't remember how many times I've died, prediction wise.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
OMG! I'm gonna lose it.
I am not a writer can not relay my thoughts into words very well,
But when I saw this news article,I have had enough.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
And you know what ticks me off the most,sorry,going off topic a bit,but they banned clove cigarettes when Obama took office,but they pioson us with corexit and fracking!!!
Sorry,my head is exploding right now.

PS: I smoke clove cigarettes,I know bad for me,but my choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Well, you've got to realize that this is utterly intentional. They are already aware of the dangers of "Fracking" in that area and choose to poke at it just to see what will happen.

I think they are quite aware of what the consequences will be, and at this point, they seem dead set on screwing this world up. First they chose to drill 25,000 feet underwater and agitate a possible super volcano there and then caused an oil spill of epic proportions while lacing it with pure poison, and now they are purposefully getting ready to plug for natural gas in an area that is nearly ready to burst. The floor of Yellowstone raised 5 inches recently, how on earth could they think that this would possibly be a good idea? Maybe for them...maybe this is how the "plan is supposed to go." Either way, if you don't see that they're intentionally agitating this MONSTER, then you should have your head checked.

By the way, I was speaking in generalities with that last sentence. This was not an attack or an insult to the OP by any measure.

By the way, has anyone heard about that "Blob" out in the ocean? Its made of all sorts of chemicals, bacterial, and viruses. Apparently it has a consciousness and is consuming everything in its path.
www.desdemonadespair.net...

edit on 10-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add...

edit on 10-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This just shows that money can blind you.

Too much money is poison!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Ah, but you should know by now that this kind of thing will make a few people very, very wealthy (or at least wealthier). Constitutionally, they are allowed to throw a little money (to them) at a politician - or group of politicians - via lobbyists in the form of 'campaign contributions.' The politicians will then tell you anything they can think of (they will just make it up!) as to why this is a good idea (It's a great plan! The Gas company just spend a small percentage, and the politician neatly sidesteps his/her responsibilities to the people who elected them, and makes something up about how it will create jobs/feed the whales/shoe the poor - that kind of kidney.) and eventually the protesters will go back to watching Dancing With The Stars or whatever. If they don't, local law enforcement will get a bonus to turn up in uniform and act as thugs for a day or two (and don't forget that FAUX NEWS will report on how unreasonable the protesters are being, and how un-American they are, and how they are just 'TERRORISTS' for even thinking that natural wonders are better than money). Hopefully, nobody will get hurt on camera (and if they do, you get someone to outright deny it!).

Net result is that the gas company gets what they want, the politician/s get what they want (they certainly don't want "you" spoiling their little game), and you get....well.....you get to look at gas rigs on your way to the ever dwindling splendour of a national park. The local LEOs get a little bonus too.

See how it works? Brilliant.

Before you go spouting off about natural wonders, and how lovely nature is, you need to sit down and think about how you are affecting the economy. Well, I know....it's actually the economy of the owners of the gas company and the politician they are lobbying...but you get the point. Shame on you for being so unpatriotic, and preferring the wondrous beauty of the US to the almighty dollar (not your personal dollars, though. You won't get a red cent.).

If (and when) they suddenly hit a fissure and lava starts flowing, they will simply tell everyone that they really hadn't foreseen anything like this, and will urge the government to give them back the 'lost revenue' from these pesky volcanic/tectonic activities. They might even blame some poor emergency service workers for not evacuating their precious staff quick enough (it's always best to start blamestorming at time like this). The engineers and scientists who warned them of such a thing will be heavily paid off or threatened not to talk to anyone - much less any 'congressional hearing.' Then, once everyone has their insurance money, somebody will proclaim that all is well, and the environment will probably just clean itself up.
If you have enough money, and political clout, this is the life you lead.
You don't have enough money or political clout, so your opinion/warning/outrage/common sense is lost.

Thank you for playing. We'll apportion a small patch of lawn somewhere else for you to be all 'naturey.' Your local zoo might be able to show you a bear, or bison, or whatever for a small fee. Please visit the gift shop on the way out for some Chinese made trinkets in the shape of an animal not on exhibit at the zoo (well, they are pretty endangered due to encroachment on their natural habitat by big business).

Tsk. Tree huggers. Geeesh.

Personally I hate mining and drilling and the raping of Mother Earth that's going on. Personally, I'd like all the oil and gas and metals companies to simply shut down and leave us alone.

However, then I think, "What are we going to do with no oil, no gas, no metals to build anything?" IMO, many environmentalists just never think of those things. If we stopped mining and drilling tomorrow, our civilization as we know it would collapse. And if we didn't have oil and gas to heat with, we'd be chopping down trees to burn in our wood stoves... not a great alternative, methinks.

Of course I have my own little dream of our society breaking up into "tribes"/small communities again that live the way that God intended us to, in harmony with nature and without destroying that which keeps us alive.

But realistically viewed, what WOULD we do RIGHT NOW? And don't tell me about free energy and stuff -- I'm asking for input on proven and realistically doable options that could be implemented NOW. I don't see any. Solar and wind, for example, are only feasible in certain parts of the country; if you live in the northern parts of the US with little sunlight, solar won't supply all your energy needs. Wind only works in certain places as well. Geothermal is the same thing; plus there you have the deep drilling again that's necessary to get to the heat, and it's been shown to cause earthquakes as well.

So, someone, anyone, tell me: What would we do if all the oil and gas and metals and uranium companies shut down tomorrow? I'm not trying to be provocative here, I really want to know what you think.

(Before y'all tear me a new one, I would like to add that yes, I think drilling near Yellowstone is a very bad idea.)
edit on 10-3-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
How's this for a short crumby post.

doom

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

So, someone, anyone, tell me: What would we do if all the oil and gas and metals and uranium companies shut down tomorrow? I'm not trying to be provocative here, I really want to know what you think.

(Before y'all tear me a new one, I would like to add that yes, I think drilling near Yellowstone is a very bad idea.)
edit on 10-3-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

I think I would get much thinner. I think that we'd be building our house differently, making room for a wood cook stove (a summer kitchen perhaps), work out a wood based heating system and start canning and making most of my things again. My grandmother taught me all the old time housekeeping things, even had me help her render lard and process chickens and pigs. When my mom asked why she was teaching me those things and still doing those old fashioned things, she said "Because you never know when you'll have to go back to it." All in all I think I'd have to work much harder in order to take care of my family.

I don't know about our electrical power. Here we use all hydroelectricity. The TVA has several damns here. Our county is practically surrounded by damns. Sparta had electricity in the late1800's even though we're tiny because of hydroelectric damns when many larger cities didn't. It's a toss up whether we'd have power or not. A lot of the farmers have old trucks that can run on just about anything, even old vegetable oil. A couple of them might be entrepreneurs and start a taxi service.

World wide, there would be chaos. Off hand I can safely say my mother in law, from NYC, will probably be screwed. She doesn't know how to do anything. The cities would go first, especially if they were dependent on oil, coal or nuclear energy.

Right now I've cut back on consumption as much as I can. Gas isn't the only thing made from oil. Plastics are as well. I have looked into building a wind turbine. Lately our climate has been changing, very wet and very windy, so that's feasible. There is a bunch of old underground railroad tunnels under our property also, so we have places to hide and or store things.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Let's be quiet and let it happen. Cause no on will notice until the gas migrates in the Yellowstone's aquifer and Old Faithful becomes a blow torrch. That might get you apathetic boob off you asses. Present company excepted, well there an exception there as well. This is pathetic. Because most people don't even know that they're destoying an area south of Yellowstone as we speak. Let all the natural lands be ruined. Let us blow Yellowstone's top. Who needs it anyway. It was standing in the way of a big clear cut logging operationg.

Back in the olden days they wanted to privatize Yellowstone. How would a big geothermal plant look there instead. Well it would be there only until the started quakes and caused an eruption.

We'll be fracked to death. By a million litte pin pricks. A million drilling bores.

Frack the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks

Frack the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So sorry guys - got that so very wrong. Must look at what I am pressing! Again - sorry!

I wanted to reply to Robins message - that it does matter and I do care. I've been watching the posts on Yellowstone for a couple of years now - but have never bother to register until recently- or post for that matter.

Watching, monitoring and yelling if something starts to stink is so much more important that keeping quiet and pretending all is normal.

X

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Robin,

I don’t think it is that nobody cares about Yellowstone. It is just the opposite, there are many, many organizations caring about Yellowstone. The care is coming from organizations which have far more potential to reach masses than you or I could dream of from ATS.

Organizations such as Wyoming Travel and Tourism, Sierra Club, Legal Defense Fund, Wilderness Society, National Wildlife Federation, Natural Resource Defense Council, etc, and innumerable smaller organizations all of which constantly monitor anything that says or suggests Yellowstone.

In the last few months these organizations have had multiple campaigns bringing light to potential damages to the integrity of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem – wolves losing protections, bison being slaughtered, snowmobiles, mineral leases, fracking proposal, cell phone towers, logging, air quality, wilderness; the list goes on and on. Some are directly Yellowstone issues while others are Yellowstone regional issues.

These big organizations run massive campaigns and make it easy for people to respond to Yellowstone concerns with language that will get the attention of policy makers. They are, overall, pretty good watchdogs for Yellowstone.

Watching the newswires for Wyoming, and indirectly Yellowstone, there has been a great deal of attention drawn to oil and gas industry malfeasance in the greater Yellowstone area in the last few weeks. Just going on a hunch – it was somewhat orchestrated by entities wanting to warn of damages which affect the region as well as Yellowstone.

If the four pages of this thread managed to reach a few people in an audience that would not have been reached by environmental groups, sportsmans groups, etc you made a tremendous difference in the comments received by the USFS related to the public comments received for coverage in the up and coming environmental impact statement.

I personally hope there has been enough public exposure to fracturing over the last few weeks that the USFS will decide on its own that the evidence showing tremendous environmental damage and impact to human health by the nearly unregulated extraction industry will force a stay on the environmental decision process as well as the hopefully stopped permitting process.

Unfortunately it will probably be decided in the courts at a tremendous expense to the taxpayer.

If you want to know who commented and about what watch for the publication of the final environmental impact statement related to this issue. Every comment will be published and responded too. You will know who cares about what.

If anybody is interested in the decision making process to get this far in the analysis process everything you are supposed to want to know is here:

“Plains Exploration's Eagle Prospect and Noble Basin Oil and Gas Master Developement Plan” (notice quoted spelling blunder)

Noble Basin Oil and Gas Developement Plan

And just for the record I quote the webpage: “DEIS released 12/10/2101. Comments on the DEIS are due 3/11/2011. Email comments can be sent to: [email protected]

Also quoted is “Plains Exploration's Eagle Prospect and Noble Basin Oil and Gas Master Developement Plan” Notice the spelling of “development”

It is interesting they want comments delivered on a document which will not be released for 90 years – release is scheduled for December 2101. I’m sure it’s just a finger fumble like speical was …

Sounds just like the government trying to slip something through undetected!

Never mind, I make fingertip blunders too – but at least I’m not writing federal policy documents.

It is also interesting that Yellowstone National Park was not provided a copy of the draft environmental impact statement but Grand Teton National Park was. I guess the all knowing United States Forest Service made an executive decision that Yellowstone would have potential for no significant impact – curious …

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have to really agree with a lot of what is being said. I have been studying up on this fracking quite a bit as of late and i find it quite terrifying to say the least. The video's and articles that i have watched and read over the last few weeks have shown me that if by chance a natural gas well in the gulf ignited the way the Northern Hemisphere is honeycombed it could possibly take out most of the United States and leave nothing but ashes behind between this and what the U.S is doing with HAARP they are destroying the world as we know it.
Here is a link to my site that will show you information on HAARP and other things going on around us that the government would prefer us not to know.

followingtruth.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
How many posts do I have to prove to you guys that earthquakes do not or ever will trigger a volcanic eruption. Take some geology courses before you post junk like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join