It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonic Tremor in Arkansas? Hope Not!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thanks puterman for doing the spectrum and pulling the files....(and others for the additional analysis)

I haven't listened to it yet because I am on my laptop and don't have any sound.

I have a couple of questions.

1. So, for sure it is NOT harmonic tremor (freq way too high)...but there are harmonics of some sort?

2. You have never heard these types of sounds before so you are unsure what it is?

3. It's NOT a bunch of mirco quakes?

4. You think there may be some background noise of either wind or water, but you don't think they account for the main source?

5. Do you think it is still may be seismic in nature? Or you just really don't know?

Thanks again....and ya, the 5.0 off shore of Oregon (Right dab on the Juan de fuca fault) has me a bit concerned. Means the previous quakes were definately NOT aftershocks, because they are increasing rather than decreasing. Hoping it is just breathing off some steam vs. taking a big breath!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
An article published in the Arkansas Gazette on January 15, 1856 created an onslaught of speculation about a volcanic eruption in southeastern Logan County, Arkansas. It wasn't until January 15, 1981, that the Gazette republished the story of the volcano.
Source: www.suite101.com...

The third largest diamond found in the state of Arkansas was found in Searcy, AR which is approx. 40-50 miles from the earthquake swarm and 100+ miles from the Murfreesboro diamond mine.

Arkansas Volcanic Past
vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

Without any doubt Arkansas has a very volcanic past. We still have the Diamond Mine, Hot Springs, Magnet Cove and more Bentonite than any other state. Oh lets not forget all the quartz is volcanic related too.

Pinnacle mountain looks like a volcano to me, but the experts say it is not. The Mississippi river flood plain could have hidden evidence of extinct/dormant volcanoes easily.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

We unfortunately do not know nearly as much as we think we do, about the earth. I think it's noteworthy to bring attention to this new study that is now stating no volcano is ever "dormant."

No Such Thing As A Dormant Volcano

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Reading through this thread so if this has been mentioned, forgive me, but those lines remind me of dna mapping. Not too sure if that's too tinfoil hat for this thread or not, but that was the very first thing I thought of when I saw those lines so I thought I'd make mention.

Puterman, that sound file was insane! I kept having the feeling that these were sounds coming trough water.

I also liked reference to tuning a guitar string, I got that impression also, having played the violin and know well what a tightening or loosening string sounds like when it's being tuned.

That's all for the moment, I want to read this thread in it's entirely before I say much more. I've got another idea related to 'tuning' but I fear it's a little TOO tinfoil hat, so I'll keep it under wraps.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here is the latest wierd signal coming from the WLAR station:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

And it's starting now again too, watch what happens on its webicorder here in a few when it updates:
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

In Gee I am seeing it at about 7:06 UTC, on all the channels of WLAR.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Fascinating...as if to find that everything is related, in one form and another! I love the "it's too tin-foil to mention," that's killer!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
ive heard from a few friends of mine...they cant tell me much ...but they can tell me that fema and the army are conducting an experimental ELF....theyre plans are to trigger an earthquake...to avoid a bigger one....you can ask anyone who lives in or around this whole midsouth area....theres army trucks with satillites and convoys moving about...i was told they need the satilltes to "tune in " and pinpoint the ELFs energy....theyres blackhawk helicopters flyin overhead all over the area...something bigs about to happen...just watch..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebledhate

Just where is this activity going-on? Is this "operation" related to National Level Exercise 2011? More information on this would be very informative, thank-you for posting this, it's very interesting.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing, the next "pulse" should be starting on the noted seismo (webi) in about 15 minutes from now, at around 10:02 -- 10:05 UTC. The one after that ought to be at around 11:30 UTC.

Here's the link to the webi so we can check.

Time of posting this is 9:53 UTC, so I'm looking for the "pulse" to begin in around 10 minutes from now.

Mike

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I see them. I see three patterns so far. All about 17-18 minutes in duration. What's going on there?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Okay, it started at around 9:56:30 UTC this time, but that's still only around five or six minutes sooner than I said it might.

It's not that unexpected, really, as there can be a few minutes' variation either way.

Just my opinion, but I think what we're looking at here is electronic/electrical interference on the trace, caused by a generator. This webi is most probably powered by a battery setup, as many of them are if they're put in fairly isolated places in the field with nothing handy to plug them into. Typically, the battery circuit includes a sensor to detect when their power (amount of charge) falls below a pre-determined value. At that point, a small generator is auto-started via a solenoid switching system to charge up the batteries until they're back to the right level.

The problem is that sometimes, the generator electronic "noise" gets picked up by the seismo's circuitry and shows up on the traces. The strength at which it gets picked up seems to vary and frankly I don't know the details of why that is, but the same thing has been happening at station LKWY at Yellowstone for at least the past couple of years -- and in that case, it was confirmed some time ago by YVO that it was the generator.

I expect we'll be seeing these "pulse" (or "pipecleaner") traces from now on, unless they send a techie out there to fix the thing.

Okay, while I've been writing this up** the latest "pulse" has now stopped. It ran for just a bit over 17 minutes, from around 9:56:30 to about 10:13:45. The previous "pulse" ran from around 8:35:15 to 8:52:30, which was also just a little over 17 minutes.

**My write-up was so slow because I had to double-check my counts of the times and lengths of the pulses on the webi.

Mike

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Not sure, but one thing I do notice is none of them seem to have the same amplitude that the one in the OP has. They are all smaller. And note that the sensitivity of the webicorder has not changed from 500 mv, so we can rule that out as a possible cause. Why was that one not only bigger amplitude, but also longer?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Hi, Berkeleygal.
Hope my previous post is clear enough. I'm still finishing first java of the day.

Something I also wanted to note is the reason why we might not have seen this earlier. I think it's because this webi was a new one, installed quite recently. So, it had new batteries -- leastways I hope it did! -- and they'd run it pretty well for a fair while. But even if the generator was kicking in regularly before and not showing up, that could simply indicate that a small technical problem has developed in the circuitry somewhere. It wouldn't take much to mess things up a bit.

I expect these pulses will continue until they fix it -- if they bother. I'm sure the seismologists and techs know what that pulse is and they wouldn't be at all concerned about it.

Right now, I'm more concerned with what's going on at the Bianco Fracture Zone of the Juan de Fuca plate off Oregon, but that's a matter for another thread...

MIke

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I just have two question's. If the New Madrid fault-line went boom, how toast would Eastern Pennsylvania be? And could it severely affect the Susquehanna River(make it dry up or make it difficult for a nuke plant to draw water from it for cooling purposes)?

Also, would the shock wave be strong enough to cause land on top of old coal mines to cave in?

But awesome post, a must watch.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I take your point (and also thank you for starting this thread!), but I don't think we can discard what we're seeing on the basis on that rather anomalous trace. For one thing, that really big pulse came in just before 9:15 am -- well within the time range that some human activity could be a factor.

It could be that a tech was running it up to a higher speed to check the charging and try to iron things out and get rid of the interference. It could even have been a problem with calibrating the genny's rate and they were trying to fix it. If that larger, anomalous trace happened way in the small hours I'd rule out most instances of human-related activity but in this case I can't.

Honestly I think that the best thing to do is watch it for a day, or at least until around the same time as the big trace showed up yesterday. Alternatively, someone in the region could call the people who are running that setup and just ask them what caused that trace. I'd be willing to bet it's not anything seismic or volcanic in this case, but as I say it's just my opinion and if I'm wrong then I'd love to know what could be so weird and also so predictable.

EDIT to add: the LKWY traces also showed quite a variation in their intensity and periodicity. They'd build up thicker over a period then die down again. It was odd and you may recall I commented on this quite a lot in the YS thread. However, it was the generator (still is!), and though the reasons for the fluctuations of LKWY's "pipecleaners" are a bit of a mystery to us, they're clearly of no concern to the techs who set up these things and I would expect know all the ins and outs of why that variation exists.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 8/3/11 by JustMike because: I added an edit.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Eastern PA would be affected only minimally, if at all. It's a fair way from the New Madrid fault zone. The big quakes of 1811/1812 hit in the region of northeast Arkansas and southeast Missouri, but pretty recent research indicates that if we also include the Wabash Valley fault zone in Illinois, there are eight states that could be affected to a varying degree, namely (in alphabetical order) Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, MIssissippi, Missouri and Tennessee.

If you have a bit of time to read up on it, a good place to start would be the report that FEMA has used as a major basis for a lot of its planning. Okay, many have their grouches about FEMA, but the report seems pretty sound from the point of view of what might might happen and where, so it's worth a look through. It also includes some excellent maps. Note that this is a .pdf file so if you're on dial-up it'll take a while to load: Impact of Earthquakes on the Central USA.

I've only linked to the main report, without all the appendices which would otherwise make the thing hundreds of pages long. This is just the basic report but it should keep you busy for now.

Bear in mind that report is looking at scenarios only. It doesn't say what will happen, only what might happen, based on what they know from studies. Things could be less bad, or to be honest they could also be worse, but the key thing for you is that eastern PA is a fair ways from this and you shouldn't have major problems there due to the New Madrid fault.

About coal mines collapsing due to quakes. It depends on the type of mine and the quake. How deep the mine is, how extensive the workings are below ground and so forth, how big and violent the quake is in terms of energy release, duration and aftershock activity, how close it occurs to the mine/s, and also how deep the quake's hypocenter is. In other words, without knowing all those details no-one could give you much of an answer. I'm no expert so I couldn't give you a defintive answer even if I had all that data, but even an expert would say that their answer is only suppostion and not a given.

Best regards,

Mike

edit on 8/3/11 by JustMike because: typos.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovebledhate
ive heard from a few friends of mine...they cant tell me much ...but they can tell me that fema and the army are conducting an experimental ELF....theyre plans are to trigger an earthquake...to avoid a bigger one....you can ask anyone who lives in or around this whole midsouth area....theres army trucks with satillites and convoys moving about...i was told they need the satilltes to "tune in " and pinpoint the ELFs energy....theyres blackhawk helicopters flyin overhead all over the area...something bigs about to happen...just watch..

time out! time out! hang on hang on............ are you telling me with a straight face that you have a "friend" who is privy to such information that leads you to believe that FEMA and other government bodies are actively trying to trigger an earthquake to PREVENT one? because thats what what it looks like.

now thats a bold statement.

ok so can someone break all this down in English for us stupid people..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thank you for posting the link from FEMA. I just read through it. OMG. I am from an area that was destroyed by Katrina, and thought that I would most likely never see anything that could ever compare to the widespread destruction there, but after reading this report, I am mistaken. The number that blew me away are the estimated over 60,000 injured or dead just in Memphis alone. There is no way our hospitals, which would sustain heavy damage, could handle that number. I would encourage anyone living in the New Madrid area to read the report, even though it's just an estimate of possible outcomes, it is still realistic in my opinion and will have you re-evaluating your emergency plans.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I can't but help think if this (and the many other rumblings) have any link to the up and coming 'lunar perigee'?

Will know for sure by March 19th....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Excuse me for wading into a (presumably) science-based thread with a bit of woo-woo, but on March 6th, the channeler of Metatron - (edited to fix name) Tyberonn said the quakes were:

www.earth-keeper.com...

Dear Humans, recently a flurry of earthquakes have occurred in Arkansas . Several of these have exceed 4.0 magnitude . A 4.7 quake was reported by your media in Arkansas within the last 2 weeks. These are different from the quakes occurring elsewhere. These are quite unique. These are filling the land of the Crystal Vortex with a magnificent energy and are a result of the activations of the massive quartz and Master Crystals in Arkansas. Oh yes, its true. These quakes, are very soft, very gentle, and in truth are rolling pulses, and they began 2 years ago, but are quickening now.

These 'pulses' are crysto-quakes, to coin a term, and are stirring up a lot of attention...and will baffle your geologist and physicists for some time yet. These pulses are absolutely due to the activation of the Master Crystals located in the massive quartz fields of Arkansas. The enormous power of these crystals is quite unimaginable, and indeed capable of 'shaking the earth'.

edit on 8-3-2011 by mountain_jim because: to correct channeler name

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join