It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonic Tremor in Arkansas? Hope Not!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ok, well this one is bizarre. Checking out some webicorders for our member westcoast, I have come across one that is puzzling me. And worse, it LOOKS similar to harmonic tremor signature I have seen at St. Helens. Combined with reports of rumbling, and all the seismic activity that has been happening there recently, as well as Arkansas's known volcanic past, I just have to ask this question: Is this harmonic, volcanic tremor?

Look at it start at about 15:13 UTC and continue, curiously all the way to about 15:44 UTC. UTC times are on the RIGHT side of the graph, to avoid confusion. Usually wind noise is not quite that dense and consistent in amplitude.

The reason I ask is because it appears similar to a known seismic signature of harmonic tremor I have seen before from the eruption at Mt. St. Helens which starts between 12:00 and 13:00 PDT which is on the LEFT side of this graph:

www.pnsn.org...

A spectrograph analysis will likely prove this notion wrong, and it is what I expect. But the density and really long length of this signature appears to be similar in a way. And it is not the only one. Other days hint of this too:

Other days from the same AG.WLAR station can be viewed here:
www.geology.arkansas.gov...

Probably gonna need PuterMan's help on this, with an initial pull of the seed data and initial analysis with conversion to audio so that it can be heard. Let's hope it is just wind noise, or similar.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thank you for taking this on. I just have too many other things to do it myself, and you are much better at than me too!

I am both relieved and stressed at the same time that what I think I have been seeing from time to time is now showing up, stronger, at other stations. Relieved, because I am not loosing my mind (at least I don't think so :roll
but stressed because of what it MIGHT mean. I want to stress the might, because I do not want to be an alarmist...but man oh man, the more stations I see this spread to, the more concerned I am getting.

I assume you are looking at the station on GEE for White Oaks? It is bizzarre...and by zooming in on the trace you can (I think) clearly see it is of seismic origon vs. man-made or local/weather.

What I also find alarming is the FACT that we someone who lives just south of the swarm who is feeling almost constant ground movement which correlates with what we are seeing on the siesmos....and even more is the FACT that small,mirco quakes are showing up just as strong on a station a good fifty miles or more from the epicenter(HHAR) as it is on a station at the heart of it. Why? I can't help but feel that there is something very much connected under a good chunck of the state and the seismic activity is resonating throughout it.

With the lateral movement being felt and apparantly seen on the seismos....You are right TrueAmerican, it needs to be looked at very closely and scrutinized. I think it needs to be done so with a very open mind....that nothing should be thrown out without very examining it.

I sent a letter to the main USGS office for the midwest about an hour ago. They are 2 hrs ahead of me so I imagine I won't hear anything back until tomorrow, but they answered be last time I wrote. I simply can not imagine that they are not seeing the same things we are......it is time for public awareness.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yeah, no prob, west.

I u2u'd PuterMan on it, let's see if we can get some help. I could do it myself, as I have his program but he is so much better versed in it, he can do it in a fraction of the time.

I am very curious to see what comes of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's secret underground earth boring equiptment for the army's rapid rail line hooks in to the denvor airport
Where did you thought those tax dollars went too.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

TrueAmerican,

I'm just a noobie who recently found myself fascinated by recent posts about seismic activity in North America.

I must tell you the number of S&F's being tossed around here, as well as the tone of back-and-forth between you and westcoast, has my ATS radar up and running.

This is a posting to watch.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I am just going to pull the waveform if I can but my initial reactions are:

The 'noise' is at the same time each day.

The signal is way too even

The lead in and lead out are way too even.

WLAR is a LONG way from Greenbrier!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Wow it does look similar doesn't it.
anything like it showing on any other stations in the area?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Okay, bear with me. I am going to post a bunch of screen shots of the various odd traces for the past couple of days.

I'll start with a map triangulating the most recent quakes, showing the locations of HHAR station. HOBBS (WLAR) is located to the SW of the swarm and WHAR is right in the middle of the swarm:

This is what I started noticing periodically on the main stations we were watching near the swarm (scroll to the right):

We were finally able to pull up the station nearest the swarm and ATS member Susan who was then reporting almost constant ground movement and she could feel the smallest of the micro quakes, which is very unusual:

This is what we found:

So then today I pulled up HHAR...which is wierd one to look at because it is a decent distance from the swarm, but TruthSeeker had noticed it and wow. Take a look at this:

Just too make sure it wasnt some signal interference, I zoomed in on it and you can see it isn't:

So...concerned about all this activity apparant further out than expected, I once again looked around at all the Helicorders and was amazed by what I found at White Lake. GEE has a station there so I pulled it up. Surprisingly, it looks a whole heck of a lot like WHAR and HHAR:

Again, I zoomed in on it to make sure what we are seeing:

This is a close-up of one of the above spikes:

I was watching too when the last quake (2.7) came through. I was very surprised to see it show up strongest on the HHAR station (in the NW corner of the state...50 miles or more from the epicenter). I did not have WLAR open at that time. (Darn)

I swear, as I am typing this there is a big dip that looks like lateral movement (not showing on the HZ channel) and another small quake.

I just don't know what to make of all of this....but it certainly isn't normal and it seems to be seismic in nature. Calling ALL QUAKEWATCHERS....PLEASE give you input.

edit on 7-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Ok, good. Good insight. But do us all a favor and confirm with spectro, if you find the time... Thanks a bunch!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You guys are definitely out of my league on this. I get the gist, but can you bottom line this in average joe terms?
I have a vested interest in this, considering my dad lives in the northeast corner of Arkansas.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I wish we could just lay down the stars sometimes. True American deserves it for the thread , and westcoast, thank you. That information, presented that way, does indeed lean towards a certain direction.

The distances are what strikes me the most, especially in relation to the magnitude of these eq's. I'm nowhere near as good in the analysis department as Puterman and the others, so I am looking forward to seeing the data from different perspectives.

It doesn't feel right.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

The bottom line is that without analyzing the actual frequency components of this signature, we cannot be sure... So wait to see what PuterMan comes up with...

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
That is trhe weirdest bunch of 'noise' I have heard for a long time! HT is is NOT definitely.

I will get at sound file of some of it ready as the slice I took is 42 minutes worth. Back soon.

OK 8 minute sound file. Raw unfiltered. Around 4 MB (just under)

Now I am going to filter and play with it to see if I can identify it.
edit on 7/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Was just wondering, when they pump this fluid down a new well to frack it. Its done under tremendous pressure at great depths with thousands of gallons of fluid. How far would the noise travel of this fluid breaking thru the rock. It must take quite awhile to do. I have been involved with fracking artesian wells and leach fields. But nothing at these depths and certainly not with the amount of fluid and the time it would take to do it.

Just seems to me that it would show up on webicorders as a constant sort of rumble as well as a few minor micro quake during the times this fluid is being pumped in.

.Just wondering if anyone has any feed back on this.

Just seems to me that this massive amount of water would be heard on several webicorders, as well as the sounds of the pumps traveling down thru the water
edit on 7-3-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ok cool.

At least I didn't claim to know some geologist working in the place that claims to insist that's what this is...

Bah. All it takes is a little collaboration to find things out. And at least I have provided evidence of something halfway similar before asking a QUESTION, not making up some false rumor. Working together, we can all know the truth.
edit on Mon Mar 7th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Listening to that sound file now. Odd odd sounds. Had to turn the speakers way up. I heard rock monsters, chiteneous insects, bagpipes, ogres, very high pitched noises, and aliens. Listen to it with your eyes closed.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

That was hilarious!

Heard just about the same, but could never have described it like you did!

Ok, so breathe people, I don't think it is ht. PuterMan, spectrograph! I wanna see frequency content!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
BerkelyGal, might I have a little hit of that? (j//k cause after that, I am reeelly stressed)

Puterman, have you done this thing with HAARP doing whatever it does and with ELF transmissions? What is that tone that keeps repeating? Oh, and I don't know if harmonic tremors are literally "harmonic", but musically speaking, there is a dual harmonic tone at 7:16/ 7:17 (as if you are tuning a guitar)

I dunno, you guys. All through that altercation, I kept wishing that it wasn't happening. I wish Trip3 had been able to say whatever he had to say (if there actually was anything). I felt like Y'All might have derailed him.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

And replicators from Star Trek at one point as well!

I don't really get it any better by filtering except removing some of the static so not really worth putting up another file. I have done a low pass and a high pass filter on it, and a frequency analysis and there is no harmonic - except one point where there is an harmonic of the hum. You can hear the hum and see the match.

I would say that there was not one single earthquake sound on that except possibly a small crack near the beginning and bear in mind you are hearing 5 hours of data there. HHZ is 100 Hz and the file is at 5000Hz so 50x speed. At 10x speed the hum is very similar to the Yellowstone 'caterpillars' or 'pipe cleaners'.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1c34ff9d29d.png[/atsimg]

edit on 7/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Well see, that's just the problem. Trip3 SAID a lot of things. It was us that did the actual investigating and PROVED him wrong. Had he just come here and asked politely, with some kind of EVIDENCE to back it up, all of that could have been avoided. The evidence just did not support, whatsoever, his contention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join