It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Reality is not the world of forms.

Reality is what you feel is real. This shows how lost and confused many people are, running around 'saving their souls'.

Reality, reality and reality.

I don't know where to start from.

In fact, I didn't have much to say.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Once someone said to me, look at reality, I misinterpreted and looked outside.

To see the structure in the chaos of the illusionary world forms.

Only spirituality can save your soul. Spirituality is your true life. To deal within. To go upon the road of transformation. To awake the latent spiritual.

I pray for humanity to become aware of our divine self. To become spiritual.

edit on 2011/3/7 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

How did I get to a philosophy forum? This is going way over my head. I think I agree, reality is reality, your reality is your reality. But I don't know what reality is.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

It's my reality that is in nature not different of yours yet different. We haven't met yet and got to know eachother. Yet we would share the same reality.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
there is only one reality, though we all have different perceptions of it depending on our experiences.

Therefore, no-one can know what true reality is, we can only guess and concur.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

we have different perceptions of the material world. Reality is the same for everyone. Reality is not the world of forms. You're doing fine. Vent your heart to God with a prayer so to be quick to be kind.

My life has become a prayer.

excellent.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
In fact, I didn't have much to say.

Umm I gathered...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hello CandiceZ, how are you? I see we're about the same age. Still young isn't it. Are you young, you should be. I live a happy cosy life in flanders fields, between the graves of men who died old and never found the purpose in life. It's all not because of women.

Eternal life is what I preach, mysteries of God revealed. I don't make friends with man who wants to run with me. They can't keep up, I never die.

In search for truth, worldish truth isn't as satisfying as spiritual truths. Seems like have had it, but.. in fact there's still a whole bunch to come. Man have I been feeling good about it.

Are you good? Can't see where you're from now since I'm writing this message. Anyway.. yeah

kiss

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

UK, UK is good. Maybe we can meet in the future. I'd like a trip to the uk.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

Not much better than this then, www.abovetopsecret.com... ??? I think the categories name is "Philosophy and Metaphysics", whats your point? Reality is reality is it not?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Does anybody want to retreat out of reality? The word reality to me sounds quite negative. It's like something I don't want to be a part of. Looks like reality sucks. Why does it?

Another dream that will never come true
Just to compliment your sorrow
Another life that I've taken from you
A gift to add on to your pain and suffering
Another truth you can never believe
Has crippled you completely
All the cries you're beginning to hear
Trapped in your mind, and the sound is deafening

Let me enlighten you
This is the way I pray

[Chorus:]
Living just isn't hard enough
Burn me alive, inside
Living my life's not hard enough
Take everything away

Another nightmare about to come true
Will manifest tomorrow
Another love that I've taken from you
Lost in time, on the edge of suffering
Another taste of the evil I breed
Will level you completely
Bring to life everything that you fear
Live in the dark, and the world is threatening

Let me enlighten you
This is the way i pray

[Chorus]

Return to me, return to me, return to me, turn to me, leave me no one
Turn to me, return to me, return to me, turn to me, cast aside
Return to me, return to me, return to me, turn to me, leave me no one
Turn to me, return to me, return to me, you've made me turn away

[Chorus Variant:]
Living just isn't hard enough
Burn me alive, inside
Living my life's not hard enough,
They take everything from you

edit on 2011/3/10 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Someone's reality 500 years ago, which would have been 'true' to that person, might be laughed at today. And in 500 years from now, someone's reality today might be considered silly.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

If you're going to start a thread titled "reality" then I'm going to post to it. I don't care how kooky people might think the other posts are.

Reality is a word. It has definitions that relate to various different concepts. If you can't agree on a basic concept for what you are discussing, you can't even have a discussion that makes any sense. So:
"that which is real"
Real:
"existing objectively; actual (not merely possible or ideal)"

So we're dealing with "reality" as the concept of what we perceive and agree with others is perceived. A person can go around by himself and have his own reality about his environment. But in a group, if no one else perceives that reality then it's a weak reality compared to one that most or all would agree to. So you could call reality whatever the individual or the group is willing to agree to. And so you have politics!

The nature of "reality" has been a huge philosophical question. But you have to put it in context. An individual can have his own reality and be completely happy with it. But when it gets to the point where he has to relate to another individual and get along with people and do things, then the group's reality becomes dominant.

It doesn't have to mean what is solid or physical, though it is often thought of in those terms. An idea can be a reality just as much as a physical object can be, and that observation leads to the often-noted conclusion that solid reality basically just consists of agreed-upon ideas.

And that's the one I subscribe to. Another way of looking at it is that perception, or awareness or consciousness, or whatever you want to call an individual's idea about what is "real" mainly depends on what he can be convinced to agree to. It's a mental game.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

One of the things I'm wondering is if someone truly believes they are invincible, are they really invincible? (at least in their reality, in others realities things would be different). If so, what is real reality, as in what is concrete and physically real? Is there such thing at all?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I struggle with what was to me explained as the world of forms being illusionary. Does it mean matter is not what it seems. Matter is used as to what it serves as purpose.

God can make a plant grow in the desert with no water. This is one of the truths which need belief. There's something odd with matter. There's lays another mysterious way in the world of matter because of spirit I would say.

Belief trancends the world of matter. Spirit is completely matterless.

Back to reality.
Who says that, back to reality, where have you been when you weren't in reality, as one says it himself. One was in reality and says back to reality as to leave what they just were. There's a reality that everybody needs to experience so we don't have to switch worlds ever again.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
ah, it means back to the world without belief. There are people who are faithless who live in their reality but the ones who are touched by spirit clearly live another reality. The one not knowing of the other, but the other knowing of the reality of the one. May many be touched by the spirit so to have a common broader reality. A reality of feeling. Not of lust, power and such.

The reality of the one is the world. The world of the other trancends the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kon1foundas

If that person would live now his view on the world would change. But, for those who understand, his reality would be the same.

Where should I go from here?

Ones reality doesn't change if there is change in the material world. Spirit is a complete seperation from the physical world and people. It is like I need to refresh my mind.
edit on 2011/3/10 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So, refreshment been done.

Reality; that which is felt as real. Thus we have reality and we have the world. Does everybody goes with this? When the world changes your reality the spirit is not yet active within yourself. It's not like we are unhuman emotionless to the world. Matter is worth nothing to us for we are fed by spirit. Experiencing spirit as our only goal rules out the world. Unpainfull detachment.

Does it make some people fear it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join