It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Call This An Economic Recovery? 44 Million Americans On Food Stamps and 10 Other Reasons Why The

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes...because being nearly homeless and living on $200 per month in food stamps is such a glamorous position to be in that people would bother lying about it on an internet message board to garner sympathy from complete and total strangers?

Really? Ever consider that maybe she is telling the truth and maybe you don't know what your talking about?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well personally, I won't do online business either, I'll tell you why, those jobs are a scam and you sink thousands of dollars into them and get absolutely NO RETURN!!! I know many people who have fallen into this scam. The only way to do e-business, is to start your own business without that junk piss poor software crap they want you to shell money out for. Then even if you do start your own e-business, remember whatever you are going to do, you still have to have the money to sink into it, where is she supposed to get that?
You live in some alternate reality or something?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by boncho

Well personally, I won't do online business either, I'll tell you why, those jobs are a scam and you sink thousands of dollars into them and get absolutely NO RETURN!!! I know many people who have fallen into this scam. The only way to do e-business, is to start your own business without that junk piss poor software crap they want you to shell money out for. Then even if you do start your own e-business, remember whatever you are going to do, you still have to have the money to sink into it, where is she supposed to get that?

You obviously have no idea what ELANCE is. It is not a scam. She even said she would like to work off of ELANCE but didn't have the software, which again she could get for free.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Justagyrl

I have read the entire thread and kept my mouth shut for a long time, now I must speak up.
It's so typical for all of you feeling like you are superior than everybody else.

My granddad had cancer, it was ear cancer. He died, and I was left with his debt.

*That's a story -If I told that, would you feel sorry for me, or would you question is because you had never heard of ear cancer before?

I would hope you would question it.

People fake things for pity - Shocking...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl

reply to post by boncho

You obviously have no idea what ELANCE is. It is not a scam. She even said she would like to work off of ELANCE but didn't have the software, which again she could get for free.

So what? Are you saying that shes gonna bring home $400 a week from Elance?

It might be good for a little pocket change, but it is not a living...if youve worked on elance you know that.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justagyrl

reply to post by boncho

I have never EVER SEEN elance software offered free. Every single one I have ever seen you have shell out thousands of dollars for over a period of months and months before you even start so provide a link. Then I will beleive you.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by boncho

Yes...because being nearly homeless and living on $200 per month in food stamps is such a glamorous position to be in that people would bother lying about it on an internet message board to garner sympathy from complete and total strangers?

Really? Ever consider that maybe she is telling the truth and maybe you don't know what your talking about?

OMGosh you are so right. I mean nobody would ever think to get on the Internet and lie to get sympathy...what was I thinking.

I mean maybe they would lie to get money as someone just pointed out, but sympathy, OH YEAH AND TO GET PEOPLE TO READ THEIR EBOOK. Your right, that is just too far out there!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I have read the entire thread and kept my mouth shut for a long time, now I must speak up.
It's so typical for all of you feeling like you are superior than everybody else.

My granddad had cancer, it was ear cancer. He died, and I was left with his debt.

*That's a story -If I told that, would you feel sorry for me, or would you question is because you had never heard of ear cancer before?

This thread has turned from a tragedy into a laughfest watching boncho and justagyrl trying to justify their ridiculous, holier than thou beliefs.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

My life has been a roller coaster economically, and I come from a large family with an enormous income disparity. On one end, I have a cousin who is an international lawyer out of D.C. who makes more than a million dollars a year from her salary alone. Outside of her investments. My father is famous chef in NYC. At the opposite end of the spectrum, you have folks like me, my mother, a few cousins, a few aunts and uncles, all struggling tooth and nail for basic nutrition.

Right now, I am technically homeless, though I do have a piece of floor and a storage bin to set my computer on. I was born to a blue collar household, to a traditional homemaker for a mother, and a hard-working tough-as-nails father. Not only did he works as a chef when I was young, the career path he stayed on in the long run, but he was also a farmhand and a lumberjack. With a father like that, you know darn well I was raised to have a good work ethic and to understand the value of a dollar. I was not the sort of kid that got a new bicycle when summer vacation came. I had to earn it.

But nevertheless, I do see that I was indeed spoiled as a child. Christmases were good, and when I wanted to earn something like a bike or new pair of high-end sneakers, I could always turn to my parents for employment.

Then in my mid teens I got the rug pulled out from under me. Big time. Suddenly I was a high school kid making mortgage payments and stealing diesel fuel to keep the furnace running in NY winters.

I was homeless for a time in my late teens, and again in my early 20's, but finally put it all together well enough to create a stable life for myself. I SWORE to myself I would never let myself be on the streets ever again. I went on to be quite successful, until things fell apart 3 years ago. I felt it coming on a year or two before that, felt the walls closing in. And soon enough, I was homeless again. Literally panhandling in the middle of a blizzard one night at a gas station trying to get a motel room.

I have a college education, went to trade school, hold several professional licenses, and had an unblemished work record from the time I was 14, not including my paper route. At 14 I went to work at a supermarket while the other kids were playing Nintendo. Even while homeless, I maintained employment. Often I held down two or three jobs at a time.

Today, I live on food stamps and the occasional odd job. I have some health problems now, some injuries too that never set right. But that doesn't keep me from looking for work. Of course, looking for work doesn't create jobs.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Those jobs aren't scams. If you join linkedin you can find groups that deal with sites like elance, and a few others. And there is also helium.com where you can get paid for writing articles, if you produce good content.

Umm, yeah, there are scams, but considering a large amount of professional writers use these sites, they are real, and, since the lady is writing 30,000 page books and posting them online for free.... I think it would be good for her to write some articles or do typing work on piecework sites.... Don't you?

I really mean it, freelance writing work is how a few people I know LIVE. Meaning that is their ONLY income. And because the person in question WRITES BOOKS. I really thought it would be a good idea for them.

The fact that they completely dismissed it... and claimed they don't have software....yet, the write books.... leads me to suspect something is up.

No? Or am I just being irrational?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I haven't been on ELance for about a year, unless they drastically change things I have know idea what you are talking about. Amaratsu and I were referring to programs such as word, excel, etc... which you can use openoffice and it is 100% free. Want a link

www.openoffice.org

Please correct me if I am wrong but you don't need software from elance to work from elance!
edit on 8-3-2011 by Justagyrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes, your dad is a loser.

Anybody working at Wal-Mart is: they fail to pay a proper wage and provide no benefits while demanding subsidies and tax breaks.

At age 57 he should be able to find work commeasurate with the skills developed over a lifetime But he can't find proper work because Wal-Mart and its ilk have killed his job and sent it elsewhere.

So yeah, he's a loser, but it's no more his fault than the unemployed are at fault for not being able to find jobs.

edit on 8-3-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by boncho

This thread has turned from a tragedy into a laughfest watching boncho and justagyrl trying to justify their ridiculous, holier than thou beliefs.

Yeah, you take information without looking at it critically. That doesn't make me holier than thou. That is just an explanation of why the world is like the way it is.

If anyone can say anything and it is believable because it strikes a personal nerve for you, that's great. I will remain on the fence. And I will question people, I can't change my nature.

Note: You are actually telling us we are bad people, holier than thou nonsense, all we did was question what someone said.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What is Elance?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ok well I try to go on their link for what it is all about, and it then tells me that the address is wrong. I don't know what this is all about can you explain it? I am interested. I was thinking of the software with the listings of people's email etc. it's sort of like telemarketing but online. You know those ones that say "earn 1,000 dollars a week. My mistake, sorry.

OK now it's working. Nevermind reading.
Wait it's just like ms office, which I have but what are you supposed to do with it?
Am I missing something here?
I don't really know how this is supposed to help start a business?
edit on 8-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: edited to add

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Anybody working at Wal-Mart is: they fail to pay a proper wage and provide no benefits while demanding subsidies and tax breaks.

At age 57 he should be able to find work commeasurate with the skills developed over a lifetime But he can't find proper work because wal-Mart and its lik have killed his job and sent it elsewhere.

So yeah, he's a loser, but it's no more his fault than the unemployed are at fault for not being able to find jobs.

Ohhh but Boncho and I are the snobs?? My father didn't graduate from hs. He has worked these types of jobs his whole life. He had developed know special skills, he is just a hard working individual...and that is okay. See my dad did what he had to do to put food on the table and clothes on our back...even if it was at Walmart. Most of you defending this woman look down on that, you think he is an idiot for working for such wages. You think living off the govt. is better then taking a job beneath you. Who are the hypocrites now??

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen

What is Elance?

It's place for freelance marketers, advertising agencies, writers, developers, and a bunch of other people post bids on freelance jobs. There are two other reputable sites of the like.
www.elance.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Congratulations, you just bashed a working man for providing for himself and the people around him.

You deserve an applause.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Ok well I try to go on their link for what it is all about, and it then tells me that the address is wrong. I don't know what this is all about can you explain it? I am interested. I was thinking of the software with the listings of people's email etc. it's sort of like telemarketing but online. You know those ones that say "earn 1,000 dollars a week. My mistake, sorry.

Wait it's just like ms office, which I have but what are you supposed to do with it?

www.elance.com...

Freelance work online, where you earn money in fields you are qualified in, and in regards to writing as long as you have good comprehension of the English language.

I don't promote fraudulent "make moneyz online" scams.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Amaratsu was saying that she needed software to work off of elance, software like Microsoft Office but could not afford it. Open office can be converted into ms document and it is completely free. What you are missing: she said she wanted to work from elance but couldn't afford ms office. She doesn't have to use ms office she could use open office FOR FREE. Which she was told and then she said she didn't have a computer, but spends all this time on ATS and writing ebooks. You don't start a business using elance...it is legitimate freelance work, which Amaratsu seem to know about.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join