It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice a few weeks back, the moon being in an odd part of the sky?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A few weeks back as I was taking my girl friend to work, we both noticed that moon was in a very odd part of the sky. We leave around 4:45am and the moon is usually in the south western part of the sky about 60 degrees from my vantage point. Well one morning, it was directly West and right on the horizon. I will post a quick vid that I took a little later on. Did anyone else notice anything like this?
edit on 4-3-2011 by AlteredTom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
More of a description:

I walk out my West facing front door and I look up and to the left (aprix. 60 degrees) and see the moon. The morning in question, I walked out and it was straight ahead on the horizon. The next day, back to normal.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
where you from in the world ?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I remember the full moon seeming larger than normal.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I would love to see the video! I haven't noticed this though....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm from Southern Michigan. The video is only about 10 sec long. After I got back from taking my girl to work (about 5am) I took the video from my bedroom window. If I had a regular camera I would have taken some pictures. I don't show the time or anything but it was around 5am where the moon is usually MUCH higher in the sky. I will have to grab my flip here in a bit and I will try to post the vid.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Believe or not, the Moon rises and sets at a different time each night. Just like the Sun does only the change from day to day is much greater.

You can use this to predict Moonrise and Moonset time for your area.
www.sunrisesunset.com...
edit on 3/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
About 2-3 weeks ago when the moon was waxing. I remember seeing it but it was upside down.

Normally in my part of the world it is a smiley face, but this was a sad face. But even then when I was back in Europe, just before that the moon was, instead of being the normal upright crescent shape, look more like a tropic smiley face moon! at 52 Deg N!!!!

Couldn't help think something weird was going on. no I am glad others noticed it too!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Nothing weird. That too is the way it has always worked.
starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well I don't doubt you, is just that in my 30+ years I had never seen a "tropical" aligned moon in northern Europe. nor had seen a upside down waxing moon.

for someone that looks to the moon as a deity form and knows when and what the moon is doing phase wise
(New moon tonight) this was .........odd!

Maybe I have just being reading too many pole shift threads!! heheheh

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Phage, I just read the page you posted, childs education page??!! really! must be great to be you!

anyway.

What I was saying, from what I saw, was that the waxing crescent moon, as seen from central Mexico instead of being a "normal" happy smile, i.e. lit from below, was a sad frown, i.e. lit from above i.e. behind me

While at the same time the moon in Northern Europe was as shown on the diagram for this time of year. However does the latitude of the vantage point not alter ones perspective of this (well I know it does) so although the picture in your child page shows the moon as would be say, in southern US, Mexico, in winter at further northern latitudes we are more accustomed to see this more upright, even in winter. this just did not seem right.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I didn't mean to imply anything with the children's explanation. I just thought it was a very clear.

I think I understand you. Because of the inclination of the Moon's orbit around Earth, the Moon does spend more time "lying down" in the tropics than at higher latitudes. The explanation I posted does not make that clear.
Try this thing:
www.math.nus.edu.sg...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

Please consult one of the many Moon phase sites on the internet. Go to the Google box and type Moon phases.
Most of those will allow you to input the exact time of the rising and setting of the Moon for any date you choose. Choose the one that matches your strange view.

Now, honestly, the chart will not cover any wanderings the Moon did that night as it crossed the sky. However, most experts would suspect that the Moon performed much as expected that night as it does most other nights.

I myself admit to being startled many times about where I saw the Moon versus where I assumed it should be. In all cases it seems I was wrong. But I can't speak for your experience. You have to make up your own mind about that. A little digging of the facts always helps.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

Not just the moon, the stars as well have seemed further south/ west then 'normal'. Yesterday, I walked outside and it seemed back to 'normal'.
I have satellite tv, and watch the moon at night now and then. It always looks weird... But last night part of the view on one side was blacked out. Concluding that... Its the earth..
edit on 4-3-2011 by bestof83 because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
An upside down crescent being normal? How is that possible? I mean I think I know how the moon gets lit. I would think the only time I would get that kind of view is during an eclipse.

I will check where exactly the moon should have been that night and compare it to my video. I would think, The moon, being is a particular orbit, would not appear in one part of the sky at 5am one day and on the other side of the sky at the same time the next day.

Yes, the sun rises in sets at different times, but it takes a season for these times to shift. You wouldn't expect the sun to be rising from the North at noon...

I could be wrong about this but it's my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Try this link

I watched this for the first time last night. Again, I was taking a video of the moon, facing west. Please look closely at this video as there was something a little unexpected. I would like to send the original to an expert to get their views on this.

edit on 5-3-2011 by AlteredTom because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2011 by AlteredTom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have been observing the sky for over ten years . I notice weird things these last couple of months . Even in the planetarium we have here people were talking about these changes . the way the constellations move according to earth's rotation and wobble seem shifted , moon is different in the way we perceived it before . it seems the astroprograms get updated to these changes . cant place my finger yet on what the problem is but something is up . if mainstreamnews talks about poleshift and new planets entering our solarsystem i think we need to put our heads together and observe closely what is going on . So i think it's time to ignore the people who tell you everything is like it used to be because it sure issent .

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Jakius, I noticed the exact same upside down moon. Thought it was just me because of all the threads I've read on ATS
. There are many unusual things occurring on our earth and in our skies.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
PHAGE; would the change from axial precession make much of difference on something like this? I know the Earth wobbles a little as it spins on its axis...but if the pole actually points to a different location, wouldn't that then have you looking at the moon from a slightly different vantage point?

I just know you have the answer!

Thanks C&D

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would say that we should start an observation forum between members. Let's work together and see if our insight can tell us what is going on. There are quite a lot of oddities happening right now. Maybe what we need is different vantage points viewing the same phenomena to gives us a real picture of whats going on. And maybe we might get a treat from time to time

btw, did anyone else notice the shift in the moons shape in the vid that I posted?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join