It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States Rebeling Against TSA: Texas The Latest To Legislate For Banning Grope-Downs, Naked Scanners

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

States Rebeling Against TSA: Texas The Latest To Legislate For Banning Grope-Downs, Naked Scanners

www.prisonplane t.com

Legislation has been introduced into the Texas House of Representatives that directly challenges the authority of the TSA in airports within the state, specifically aimed at criminalizing the use of naked body scanners and enhanced pat-downs.

Rep. David Simpson (R-Longview) introduced a set of bills earlier this week that would empower the Texas Attorney General to bring suit in court against any airport operator who installs or uses the full body imaging equipment or any operator who touches a person without consent and searches them without probable cause.

The bills, HB 1938 and HB 193
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nice!

Glad to see that at least SOME of our representatives are listening to the public, and recognizing the constitution still exists.

I'm sure the usual bunch of TSA defenders and apathetic conformists will chime in here how these Bills are ridiculous and how we should have no rights when we "agree to fly" and gleefully spread eagle and bend over passively for the blue-uniformed gropists, as they usually do.

Thank goodness not EVERYONE is falling into the passive acceptance of dissolution and destruction of civil liberties all in the name of "keeping us all safe from the terrorists" propaganda, which seems to be a perfect excuse for mega-corporations in the security-surveillance complex, along with their co-conspirators, Big Brother, to increasingly expand their invasionary violations of the public at large.

We need more representatives like this, willing to stand up to these thugs. And we need to take it a step further---Stop the corporations BEHIND these operations from fleecing the populace, both in terms of our tax-dollars being used to FUND these institutions, as well as gov employees striking up "business deals" and "contracts" with these entities, such as what SPAWNED the TSA and these "naked scanners" to begin with!

It's all a SCAM, between Big Brother and mega-corporations, to MAKE MONEY people. Our civil liberties are mere collateral damage as a sidenote to that criminality.

www.prisonplane t.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I agree, good for them, this is getting way out of control, and there's no reason in their actions for most of the things they do. It's made me not want to fly and forego the hastle and that's not right. Thanks! S&F
edit on 4-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: spelling, not my best trait

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So we have Texas and New Hampshire. And possibly New Jersey. Thats a start. Lets hope it spreads quickly from there. And lets hope the DHS-TSA doesn't decide on something more draconian in the meanwhile. Because the following is definitely red flag.

The TSA has not officially responded to the proposals in Texas and New Hampshire, however, in a speech at the American Bar Association’s (ABA) 6th Annual Homeland Security Law Institute in Washington yesterday, TSA head John S. Pistole intimated that the agency was considering completely changing its security procedures away from a “one size fits all” approach towards a more “intelligence-driven system,” that would focus on “higher-risk passengers,”

And who falls into the high risk category? 9 year old Timmy, because he's got a plastic soldier with a toy gun?

S&F

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Very good!

I'm glad that there are still people in the world who understand that America is about freedom!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is excellent news. Every state in America needs to do the same thing as Texas or New Hampshire. Normally, my wife and I travel by air every year, but we aren't going anywhere until the groping is stopped. In America, we are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, but this TSA groping assumes that we are guilty until proven innocent - and neither of us are going to allow anyone to feel us up in private or in public.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
House Bill 1938
House Bill 1937

Just posting the link to the text for reference.

BTW, the Author of both bills is Rep. David Simpson (R) from District 7 which runs along I-20 in North Texas and includes Longview, Kilgore, White Oak, Lindale, Liberty City, Winona, Hideaway Lake, and part of Gladewater.

edit on 3-4-2011 by rogerstigers because: there's always a typo somewhere....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Might I also add that I LOVE how this bill is written... No archaic references like "Add 'and' after the fifth word in the second paragraph"... It quotes the entire section to be changed and underlines or strikes the changes.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If I can't find an airport that won't grope me when I go to get my son off the airplane I am DRIVING from Kentucky to Washington this hear to pick him up!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
THEY SPENT BILLIONS pushing propaganda, creating these scanners, training people and total implementation.
If you think honestly they are going to pass these bills and have them all removed plus fire 10,000 TSA emplyoees...

lol

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If this bill was to be introduced in Texas, it would have had to be from a Western representative. West of I-35 the state is VERY conservative, leaning more and more libertarian. The East of I-35, where the majority of the state resides, is much more liberal.

But Texans, like many US citizens, are becoming very distrustful of the US Gov, and are looking to the states to protect them. Seeing what Arizona has done over recent years is really pushing a lot of Texans to ask questions, and demand answers.

Lets hope. With Gov. Good Hair on the job, it is a crap shoot at best.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
If this bill was to be introduced in Texas, it would have had to be from a Western representative. West of I-35 the state is VERY conservative, leaning more and more libertarian. The East of I-35, where the majority of the state resides, is much more liberal.

That's what I thought as well, but as mentioned earlier, the author of both bills is Rep. David Simpson (R) from District 7 which runs along I-20 in North Texas and includes Longview, Kilgore, White Oak, Lindale, Liberty City, Winona, Hideaway Lake, and part of Gladewater.

So NorthEast Texas

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
But Texans, like many US citizens, are becoming very distrustful of the US Gov, and are looking to the states to protect them. Seeing what Arizona has done over recent years is really pushing a lot of Texans to ask questions, and demand answers.

Yeah.. ultimately, this is going to be a showdown over state's rights. Should be good.. **getting popcorn**
edit on 3-4-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
THEY SPENT BILLIONS pushing propaganda, creating these scanners, training people and total implementation.
If you think honestly they are going to pass these bills and have them all removed plus fire 10,000 TSA emplyoees...

Thing is, Texas doesn't really care about all that. When it comes down to it, I can totally see the Texas legislature spiting in the eye of the US Government just for giggles. The governer, however, is an unknown element and remains to be seen what he would do.
edit on 3-4-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Gotta love Texas! I loved when Texas threaten to declare National Sovereignty! Just another " score " for Texas...you guys need another resident?

Off topic: you texans?, WTH do you put in the water out there.....you guys breed some seriously gorgeous women!
Gotta love them Wrangler Butts!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have to be honest... I do not hold much hope for these bills. It is my belief that this is nothing more than a way to keep the masses at bay while the actual agenda continues to progress.

How long will it take before these bills come to a vote? 1 month? 2 months? a year? There is no guarantee that it will even pass. Meanwhile DHS and the TSA are progressing their attack. Yesterday was airports, today train stations and bus stops. Tomorrow, it will be any major highway and VIPER teams.

This is like having a starving dog. You can toss the dog a treat and he will be happy with that, even excited, yet you still have not filled up his food dish and he is still starving.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Gotta love Texas! I loved when Texas threaten to declare National Sovereignty! Just another " score " for Texas...you guys need another resident?

Off topic: you texans?, WTH do you put in the water out there.....you guys breed some seriously gorgeous women!
Gotta love them Wrangler Butts!

It isn't the water. It is the Latina.

And ignore the "wrangler butts". Look for the gorgeous, raven haired senorita in the skirt. Far, far better looking.
*sigh*

Then again, it may be the tortillas.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Nah, think the blondes with the round wrangler butts beat out mexicans any day!
Mind you I have seen some phenomenal mexican girls too~

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Michael Chertoff is getting rich off the TSA scanners.

George Soros, leftist Billionaire is getting even richer off of TSA scanners.

In addition to Rapiscan, a number of other companies are profiting from the TSA body scanners. Of those companies is L-3 Communications, a major contractor with the Department of Homeland Security. Carney explains, “L-3 employs three different lobbying firms including Park Strategies, where former Sen. Al D’Amato, R-N.Y., plumps on the company’s behalf. Back in 1989, President George H.W. Bush appointed D’Amato to the President’s Commission on Aviation Security and Terrorism following the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103. Also on Park’s L-3 account is former Appropriations staffer Kraig Siracuse.” The Examiner writes, “When Defense Daily reported on Price’s appropriations bill last winter, the publication noted ‘Price likes the budget for its emphasis on filing gaps in aviation security, in particular the whole body imaging systems.’ ” Another full-body scanner contractor was the American Science and Engineering company. Lobbying for this company, includes Tom Blank, a former deputy for the TSA, Chad Wolf, an assistant administrator at TSA and an aide to Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. Hutchison is on the Transportation and Defense subcommittees of Appropriations. Likewise, another lobbyist for the American Science and Engineering company is former Democratic Representative Bud Cramer.

It is all a big money making scheme for the Washington elite. [color=#FF0000] IT IS TIME TO MAKE LOBBYING A CAPITOL CRIME!!! IT IS ALSO TIME TO MAKE IT A CAPITOL CRIME FOR ANY LAWMAKER TO ACCEPT GIFTS OR MONEY.

The only people lawmakers need to listen to are the constituents who reside in their congressional districts. After all that is who they are supposed to represent.

Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Nice gesture but Texas has a NWO governor. No real action there as long as he is around. I hope that I am wrong though. We need all states to attempt this.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just wanted to post an update:

HB 1937
Relating to the offensive touching of persons seeking access to public buildings and transportation; providing penalties.
3/7/2011 H Referred to Criminal Jurisprudence
View all actions

HB 1938
Relating to the prohibition of whole-body scanners in airports; providing criminal and civil penalties.
3/7/2011 H Referred to Transportation
View all actions

top topics

<<   2 >>

join