It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States Rebeling Against TSA: Texas The Latest To Legislate For Banning Grope-Downs, Naked Scanners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Update. HB1937 scheduled for public hearing on 3/22/2011

www.legis.state.tx.us...

This would be the Anti-groping bill, for those keeping track.

Anyone able to be in Austin on the 22nd?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Update. HB1937 scheduled for public hearing on 3/22/2011

www.legis.state.tx.us...

This would be the Anti-groping bill, for those keeping track.

Anyone able to be in Austin on the 22nd?

Another update.. this bill has now been "Passed to Engrossment" which is the final stage before being sent to the floor for a vote. Should be happening soon and I see it passing, given the current political climate in Texas.

HB 1938 -- the anti-scanning machine bill is still in committee, but should see action soon.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I really hope other states step up to the plate as well.

It's sad really, I used to love to fly and hate to drive more than an hour. Now the idea of flying somewhere doesn't even cross my mind. What is really disappointing is that I would have loved to see so many parts of the world, and have the means to do it, but have pretty much written it off as I don't want to bother setting foot in another airport.

I grew up traveling - but my kids probably won't be on a plane as far as I can see.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It is unofficially official now: 138 Yeas, 1 Present, Not Voting (the speaker of the house)

The Texas Senate should pass it easily and the governer will likely sign it.

So the next question is how will they implement it

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I predict Texas will be the first to get hit by a terrorist attack, just so the gooberment can take over Texas and rule the state

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Seeing what Arizona has done over recent years is really pushing a lot of Texans to ask questions, and demand answers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join