It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Enterprise on its way to Libya as America and Britain ramp up threats to enforce no-fly zone abo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Not to marginalize what is happening to Lybians, but what about the other several countries in which the citizens' protests are being met with violence and oppression from their dictatorial governments? Are Lybians more worthy of saving? Is there some special reason we would risk killing innocent civilians in an effort to also save them?
edit on 1-3-2011 by nunya13 because: remove rhetorical comment

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well here is a gosh-dang interesting article:

LA Times

Hillary Clinton says U.S. is trying to avoid perception of an oil grab in Libya

Clinton said the administration wanted to keep the American military out of sight because officials wanted to evacuate U.S. diplomats and citizens "in a way that did not raise alarm bells around the region and the world that we were about to invade for oil."

She noted that on websites writing about the uprising "you see a constant drumbeat that 'the United States is going to invade Libya to take over the oil and we can't let that happen.' "

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Gab1159

Wasn't that ship supposed to hunt evil pirates? I know it's a rather controversial theory, but it is said that there is a stargate in Irak, and that the somalian pirates are a false-flag to justify so many ships in that area (which would be protecting and hiding the gate). Now, this ship quits the alleged super-important mission, coming to promote "freedom". I think something big is afoot.

Yeah, they had the USS Enterprise hunting pirates because their rusty tugboats are commanded by only the sharpest, undernourished AK-47 wielding hoodlums that ever graced the planet.

These sharpest, undernourished AK-47 wielding hoodlums murdered four Americans and captured a Danish family. "Reports from last week have been confirmed, and it appears that only days after pirates murdered four people aboard an American sailboat, a Danish yacht with a family aboard was also taken by pirates in the Indian Ocean. The crew of seven reportedly includes three children, two boys and a girl, aged 12-16."
yachtpals.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

The aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, which had been had been on pirate-hunting duty off the coast of Somalia, has now steamed to the mouth of the Suez Canal in the Red Sea.

That is the funniest thing I have ever read.

If the BIG E was a huntin' pi-rates, they's all daid. All daid, all of 'em, no more problem.

edit on 1-3-2011 by Chakotay because: Tried to Outsail E On A Reach, But Got Keelhauled... Arrrgh... I Got A Star From A Plankholder... Arrgh...

Thats what i thought....an aircraft carrier to hunt "pirate ships"

more like CIA hired pirates.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

of course they would say no foreign intervention, these groups are seeking power and credit. What must be done is send troops to take gadhafi out or make him yield. Most libyans citizens are caught up between all that mess and leaving the situation resolve itself is inhumane when international gov can easily do something. Whats with all the crisis relativism all of a sudden?

Seriously? I saw this post and, just wow...

Hey, you purchased the wrong HDTV - I don't like it. Bring it back to the store, or I will send a crack team of commando's to your house to take it back for you.

IT ISN'T OUR COUNTRY - THEY HAVE AUTONOMY - why should we get invovled at all? It makes us look like we are going to set up a puppet government. If one US plane takes part, it makes us look bad. How can people not understand that?

edit on 3/2/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Good I'm glad! whats going on there is horrible, only America needs other countries to step up more than America should. We have our own problems at the moment, Dont get me wrong that may sound cold hearted but its true, I love the fact we are helping but we need to get in and get out. I hate how we aid and fund stuff that happens in other countries just for them to say negative stuff about Americans, Americans are rude! Americans are stupid!, fat, lazy. oh yeah! America may start stuff but we also help clean stuff up. It's just sad we help other Countries more than we do own or atleast it seems like it..but then Again maybe we don't help anyone that much and it's just America acting like we do. Oh yeah when am I going to see a TV commercial in America about donating to poor Americans, We have more save the Animals commercials than save the Humans ones...WTF?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED. THESE DESPICABLES ARE RUINING ALL OUR LIVES, WHEN PEOPLE, WHEN?

Not until we are but ash my friend...
not until we are but ash.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) a former Navy pilot who, along with Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.), just returned from a tour of the Middle East. "We spend $500 billion on defense, and we can't take down Libyan air defenses?" he asked incredulously in an interview he and Lieberman gave to me and The Post's Fred Hiatt. "You tell those Libyan pilots that there is a no-fly zone, and they are not going to fly."

You know - usually four letter words or explicit language are the only terms that can be summoned to induce getting ones point across. ATS should make this thread an acception to the swearing rule.
I would love to see a video of McCain getting slapped... really ____ing hard.
edit on 3/2/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

They know we know...

All the unrest and riots in the ME and Libya is the only place they are even talking about direct intervention..

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Does Britain have any projection with their military anymore? No carriers, so any aircraft would need a runway. What's the political implications of Britain projecting from a nearby nation's airfields? Oh, yeah...Saudi Arabia. They are beyond any questions on human rights etc. They are the good guys -- at least until they are not.

ughh?

Britain has an unsinkable aircraft carrier called Malta just of the coast of Libya, not my words LOL, not forgetting Cyprus plenty of troops & airbases in the med.

But yeah the Royal Navy have started scrapping alot of its old hardware with its replacements not due to enter service for another few years yet i think the new Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers which are being built at the minute wont be ready till 2012/13 but the new Type 45 Destroyers and Astute Class Nuclear Submarine are in the drink performing operations

Anyways back on topic

personally i think the time for military intervention from the west has come and gone, when gaddafi was shooting his own people and employing foreign mercenaries to come in and kill his own people the people of libya was crying out for western intervention how ever they do not seem to be asking that now, i fear if military action is now taken we will no doubt see a good percentage of Libyans take up arms with thos who we're seeking to remove this would undo everything the Libyan people have achieved themselves thus far

IMO lets keep out of this and let them bring down this dictator and let them hand him over to be charged with crimes against humanity & the ordering of the killings of innocent protesters, i wouldn't rule out the deployment of special forces to assist the protesters that have taken up arm and now now as the "Rebels" to help assist in a move against Tripoli while imposing a no fly zone for a level playing field...

I think this is exactly what is going on or how it will eventually pan out, both the SBS & SAS have be conducting rescue missions of all foreign nationals trapped in the desert oil fields for weeks, you have to wonder if they had a second objective to go help the rebels uprising once the oil workers was out, I don't think we will see the Iraq model played out here tho, i think that would be playing into the hands of other regional dictators that are already crying this is some form of western conspiracy just to cling to power any intervention based on the Iraq model could stop all other uprisings in the region,

That's not such a good idea it would be better for the world to have a true democratic government in place across much of the middle east along with a handful of evil murderous dictators behind bars

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wow they finally got the Big E out of port?

They were spending mega billions trying to bring that ship back to life. It's too expensive for us to decommission it.

It's the fastest aircraft carrier in the world. 8 nuclear reactors, think they modified it and brought it down to 6 reactors. She's still the fastest. All that time being worked on I bet the Big E has a big frekin laser on it....and lots of those kewl little new UAV's that look like little B-2 bombers.

If it ever got sunk they would be doing us a favor. We can't afford to decommission the Big E. Too much radiated metal.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by nunya13

They know we know...

All the unrest and riots in the ME and Libya is the only place they are even talking about direct intervention..

OR

It could just be the fact Gaddafi is killing his own people & hiring mercenaries to kill his own people? if your going to promote democracy & freedom you also need to support it, ben ali & mubarack did not do that should we have stepped in there?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Libya, you's 'bout to git yo' teef knocked out! LOL.

Well, America just HAS to interject in OTHER nations civil wars...can't stop 'em now. I just don't understand the thinking..."A" wants freedom, "B" say no to freedom, "A" stands up for rights in civil action, "B" declares war on the people, "C"-"Z" all butt in because they see an opportunity to control another piece of the global pie/empire.

"W"T"F", "S"T"F"O" Already!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

OR

It could just be the fact Gaddafi is killing his own people & hiring mercenaries to kill his own people? if your going to promote democracy & freedom you also need to support it, ben ali & mubarack did not do that should we have stepped in there?

No shortage of other countries and rogue dictators that have and are doing far worse than Gaddafi..
But the US hasn't stepped in...
Don't get me wrong, I hope the US helps those poor people..
I just question their motives given the atrocities they have and do ignore...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

In the present who is doing worse than Libya right now? Who is killing thousands of their own people?

Libya has killed more of its people in the past few weeks, than Palestinians who have died fighting Israel since the Intifada began in the 80s.

Sudan is about the only place I can compare it to in the recent past and the world failed Sudan resulting in hundreds of thousands of people killed. We cannot stand by again and let such horrors be committed.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Did the Bilderbergs change their mind?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Did the Bilderbergs change their mind?

How could they change their mind? Its a meeting of a multitude of people with different agendas and goals. Its not a hive mind or collective conscious.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Here comes the evil empire , run for cover , oh wait they are here to save us from a dictatorship , to be replaced by the freedoms of democracy and free markets , oops i mean democracy and human rights !

Yes another well planned attack on a sovereign nation , under the guise of world peace , instigated by the biggest terrorist network and its allies

no doubt the uprsising in libya was caused by that HB gary programme , and is now being used as a tool to subvert gadaffi .

More war for america and its allies , more empire building , more hell for everyone else

Lets all try Gaddafi for crimes against humanity , while we are at it lets all say he ordered lockerbie as well
while we are at it lets all try bush and blair .

America certainly knows how to pick its fights

edit on 2-3-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
with all due respect to my American friends, from my armchair ,the dictatorship is starting to look like its coming from your government (NWO) ???? Iraq, Afghanistan,Libya and many many more. TPTB have raped you and used your souls to control oil fields for there hunger for money, and the destruction of our planet...... so sad

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
With Gasoline prices where they're at right now. I hope that we get some oil out of doing anything for a middle east country. Oil is my objective. The United States' economy and pretty much everything we depend on is powered by Petrol products. I don't really care if Quadaffi is killing protesters by the thousand. I just want the oil.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join