It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Program & Breakaway Civilization to Be Unveiled!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

S&F, Great find, I'll be waiting to hear what they have to say for sure. Although I've got to warn you that you're probably going to take some heat from the Hoagland haters here on ATS. But then, that's why we have two ears, one to let it in and one to let it out.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

That's to pay for the auditorium they'll be using as well as the equipment, timeslot, etc. Anyone who thinks there's money in UFOlogy is really not understanding the field.

Seriously. If they had anything ground breaking, new, proven..there would be media outlets, venues, ect; falling all over themselves to accommodate this history making revelation. But, since it's a load of crap, they will have to pay.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
and its only 100 dollars to hear!!!

They gotta pay for their Redlight District recreation some how.

Well don't they?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They all look like dodgy characters to me, especially the guy "good". They look like part of the elite and are only giving these lectures on a give and take basis, they'll take your money and give you disinformation and a black eye. lol

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
See the connection .... buy my book

Phil Plait... the Uber Skeptic gets paid to speak and sells books
Jim Oberg... NASA hugger supreme sells books and gets paid by MSM to debunk

How come you book burning skeptics never pounce on them? Without the conspiracies those two would be out of work

ATS makes mega bucks... its a full time employment for many people... no one seems to mind that... ATS does not pay royalties to those who do the writing... we get paid in stars and flags with no place to cash them in

Books outlive the author... the Internet is fickle and your work gets erased 30 days after you stop paying the bill

Get over it.. the right to publish is one of our freedoms. You can wait till the FREE youtube version comes out.. no one is forcing you to go to Amsterdam

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

How do you know that?, I mean the "gets paid by the MSM to debunk".....what evidence do you have to back that up?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

S&F, Great find, I'll be waiting to hear what they have to say for sure. Although I've got to warn you that you're probably going to take some heat from the Hoagland haters here on ATS. But then, that's why we have two ears, one to let it in and one to let it out.

[/quote
Thanks Flatfish
Just thought I'd bring it to members attention - I'm sure there are many who would rather know.

The Debunkers of certain people or sites do themselves more harm than me. 'to express ignorance before seeing or reading the facts is the height of ignorance" but hey let them stay there I just don't know why they come on such a site.

They're debunking before they've even heard the damn evidence (if any) no wonder we lose lots of good members.
Never mind - it should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Originally posted by Flatfish

[/quote
Thanks Flatfish
Just thought I'd bring it to members attention - I'm sure there are many who would rather know.

The Debunkers of certain people or sites do themselves more harm than me. 'to express ignorance before seeing or reading the facts is the height of ignorance" but hey let them stay there I just don't know why they come on such a site.

They're debunking before they've even heard the damn evidence (if any) no wonder we lose lots of good members.
Never mind - it should be interesting.

By the way, I always believed that God gave us two ears and one mouth for good reason! lol

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
ATS makes mega bucks... its a full time employment for many people... no one seems to mind that... ATS does not pay royalties to those who do the writing... we get paid in stars and flags with no place to cash them in

Just think, you'd be loaded if you got $100 for every star. It can't be fair.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Kojiro

Peter Levenda.. author
Timothy Good.. author
Richard C. Hoagland..author
Richard Dolan.. author

See the connection .... buy my book

I have massive doubts about Hoagland. Don't know enough about Lavenda. However, Good and Dolan have done some good research.

I have absolutely no problem with them making a living out of what they do. I make a living out of what I do. The rest of you who work do too, unless you're stupid! If I was more successful I'd expect to make more money... Does anyone have a problem with that?

If they were ripping people off by falsely promising they will meet an alien then fine - tear them to bits. But give me a break. If anybody can dedicate themselves full time to something they are passionate about and make a living then good luck to them. Give me a break, isn't that the American way? The land of opportunity - unless you are interested in UFOlogy.

Off topic: I just had an idea. Maybe it's time I had a career change.

edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: add off topis

Some just can't see it and some just don't want to - sad really and it's usually those who have never read a book in their lives unless they are free - hence outdated. I often wonder how much they spend on books - would be interesting. No they usually expect others to do the research for free and then complain or debunk - they'll always be around.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Phil Plait... the Uber Skeptic gets paid to speak and sells books

How come you book burning skeptics never pounce on them?

Gortex is a skeptic?

Which skeptics are burning books?

I think no one here has a problem with someone making a living; the problem is that there is a sense of the disingenuous to it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I foresee more profiting from the 2012 myth. Just a hunch.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
If they actually cared, and this was actually true, they would NOT BE charging money for it!!!!!

they would just disclose it.

they will be "connecting the dots" as the AD says, so different speculative info tied together, into like what we do here.

I wish it were true, but sorry, it aint

Took the words right out of my mouth. These type of lectures make me despise these people. If they believe in what they say, get a press conference

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I doubt he has any evidence to back up that ridiculous claim.

And yes, as others have said, the "2012" myth will be a bust just as the "Y2K" myth was...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
I doubt he has any evidence to back up that ridiculous claim.

Not to put words in Zorgon's mouth, but I think he is referring to Mr. Oberg being a correspondent for NBC and consultant to Skeptical Inquirer. It's not so much that he's being paid that is bad, but that he works for the MAIN STREAM MEDIA!
edit on 28-2-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
How about we all be good sports and give them the benefit of the doubt. On or after April 3rd we can digest and research the information, then proceed to bad mouth and poke fun if warranted.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
How do you know that?, I mean the "gets paid by the MSM to debunk".....what evidence do you have to back that up?

By James Oberg NBC News space analyst
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I suppose it might be possible he holds that position for free, but I doubt that

I don't care who gets paid. I don't agree with most of Hoagland's stuff but still bought his book. I like books. Besides how can you support or criticize someones work if you never read it?

So what if some people buy into false profits? Science fiction sells too.. and Religion has been seeling for thousands of years... Why come down so hard on the New Age Religion called UFO?
edit on 28-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Timothy Good, Richard Hoagland, Peter Lavenda, Richard Dolan [...]

A veritable who's-who of in-the-know people that ...
... I and most other "rational" (my personal observation) people don't believe, IMH(f)O of course.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
I think no one here has a problem with someone making a living; the problem is that there is a sense of the disingenuous to it.

If that is true... why is that usually the first call made?

I just get my dander up when that argument is used one sided

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I doubt any of these folks have first hand knowledge about much they are going to "discuss". Yes, there is a secret manned space program, but is is not what you think it is at all, trust me...or don't, I could care less. I have just been in a lucky enough position to have this corroborated by three different sources that don't know each-other, so it hold water in my book (they knew things the same in manner that simple guessing would not have filled in the blanks.).

But as I mentioned, whether or not there has been a modern mission or not is highly debatable. The pilot/astronaut I spoke with said there had been none, and doesn't anticipate any. The whole program is nothing more than a leftover cold war deterrent. They have on full scale ship that carries two crew into low orbit from a traditional run way, I developed the correct coating application process for it, so had to work directly with the craft. Nothing exotic. So no crazy motors and what not, but I can assure you it wasn't anti-gravity or some other fanciful means of propulsion.. It has little to know payload capacity and is more or less a waste of taxpayer money and an exercise in futility, unless out efforts are deliberately leaked to have others try to duplicate them while we pursue the real deal....who knows.

But my grandfather has direct involvement in this during the moon shots, my dad had direct involvement in this during the shuttle years (as well as star wars) and my Raytheon family members have corroborated all of their stories. Not to mention the simple little picnic I go to every year with a man that has stepped on the moon. In certain settings, they are remarkably forthcoming. No bombshells, but very cool insight.

Whatever the real deal is, I can ASSURE you it has NOTHING to do with the fantasy of Aliens or UFO;s that the ignorant want to tie it to pertain too,

Sorry, don't kill the well informed, first hand messenger here.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join