It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Space Program & Breakaway Civilization to Be Unveiled!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
If that is true... why is that usually the first call made?

Is it? Or does it have more to do with the personality that wrote the book? For instance, I don't recall anyone criticizing Leslie Kean for writing her latest book.

I will, however, agree with you that a person should not be begrudged a living. So what if they are in it for the money? Greed, whether self-enlightened or avarice, does not mean someone is a charlatan.
edit on 1-3-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I read about 2 chapters on hoaglands book. I think i stopped at where it was trying to say image artifact as glass domes on the moon. I dont ever get people who buy hoaglands stuff. I guess some people really want to believe

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A fool and his money is soon parted.

Maybe they should raise the price to $100,000 per seat. It would still be a packed house that is packed with more wealthy fools.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Cool thanks op for bringing this to my attention!

Hogland is a bit hit and miss with his work! I dont think his trying to scam people though! He just to passionate to admit that he has made some mistakes before.

I do find his 19.5 work very interesting!

Anyway I will be looking forward to this lecture when it gets on youtube!

S&F

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Its free to make a video and upload it to youtube.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

very interesting and cool. Keep us posted.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The tacky angle to Zorgon's comment is not that some people actually can sell articles about the UFO phenomenon [envy rearing its head?], but that some people are 'paid debunkers' -- that is, they are given money to promote a specific point of view. As I've often joked, if that were the case [note subjunctive case], I seem to have mislaid my contract charge number and the address to send my invoices to, and would be pleased to offer a 10% commission to anyone who can help me get financially rewarded for a particular slant. Nobody has stepped up to that challenge.

If any particular slant is ever financially rewarding, it's not going to be the cautious, skeptical viewpoint. People do make money from speaking, writing, publishing, producing TV shows, but I don't know many of them who did so with the goal of profiting from a skeptical point of view.

I'm trying to recall the last time I was paid for a specific UFO-themed article -- sometime in the mid-1980s or so. In the 1990's I recall two or three speaking/TV gigs in which I was invited based on my balancing out somebody else's views. For NBC, I have a blanket retainer fee that calls for my producing analyses across the board of space/astronomy themes, with no subjects (or spins) specified in advance. The space angle, of course, was paramount in recent phony flaps over 'spiral UFOs' over Norway and australia, and the 'phantom missile' off LA -- where I'm happy to say NBC got the real story out, fast and accurate from me, ahead of other competitors.

Just to blow a wind of reality across into the stifled, constipated fantasizing of some recent posters....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
being a public speaker myself I really don't understand the fuss about the entrance fee. And yeah, sure, one of the reasons for me taking a stage is to sell books. Let's not pretend otherwise.

however, as others already stated in their replies on this post and in other posts as well: why pay to hear a nutcase like hoagland spread bullsh*t? none is being served by his "contributions".

before i log off, a personal musing: a lot of people here are simply too good, too nice in their thinking about human capacities!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The tacky angle to Zorgon's comment is not that some people actually can sell articles about the UFO phenomenon [envy rearing its head?], but that some people are 'paid debunkers' -- that is, they are given money to promote a specific point of view.

I think the real tacky element is that there is something sinister about working for the MSM bogeyman; therefore, anything you say is inherently wrong while someone who isn't working for the MSM is inherently free-of-sin.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
like bill cooper said: ONLY DOCUMENTED FACTS...and i only hear: "in my believe", "so i think", "in my opinion", "as i am concerned"....BS...i want pictures and documents (like zorgon showed us)...but not some messing with ideas and believes...thats tale telling...so to close where i started: DO YOUR RESEARCH

edit on 1-3-2011 by Hessdalen because: stupidity

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

post by zorgon
How come you book burning skeptics never pounce on them?

1 ) Never burned a book in my life
2 ) I am not a UFO skeptic , I am a skeptic of the self promoting prophets of Ufology .

I see no difference between what these guys are doing and what Steven Greer has been doing over the last few years , milking the sheeple .
Steven Greer cops a load of flack on this board but by your reasoning he is just earning a living so its ok for him too do what he is doing .

You can wait till the FREE youtube version comes out.. no one is forcing you to go to Amsterdam

Nobody has to force me to go to Amsterdam , I would go at the drop of a hat , but not for this conference

Books by Steven M Greer
edit on 1-3-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add books link

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
and its only 100 dollars to hear!!!
hahaha..use tax payers money to build secret planes and then charge the same tax payers to reveal what was done with their money. That makes a lot of sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I respect Richard Hoagland. Some things he point out on NASA's photos is evidence of extraterrestrials. However some things he's says is evidence of space visitors is really just natural formations and rocks. My guess is that the media won't take this "disclosure" seriously because i'm pretty sure there wont be any absolute proof.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
like bill cooper said: ONLY DOCUMENTED FACTS...

Mark the time and date folks, you just witnessed history take place. This is the only time "documented facts" and "Bill Cooper" have been used together favorably.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by Hessdalen
like bill cooper said: ONLY DOCUMENTED FACTS...

Mark the time and date folks, you just witnessed history take place. This is the only time "documented facts" and "Bill Cooper" have been used together favorably.

..and without most home monitors melting down.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Have just been thinking about this : if they really had something decent to reveal the best way would be to set up a press conference if they had enough decent information. Then if it was good enough information they could do several paid conferences after it and sell the places out easily.

Or is it the fear of public ridicule if they went public like that? Or the thought of the MSM making them look stupid even if they had truth by distorting it? Would've been interesting to see what would've happened if they'd actually done that.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Great points.

The real money being made with UFOs is not being made by the skeptics, its being made by the frauds, hoaxers and other crazies who are pushing books, DVDs and conventions like crazy. When I'm at the bookstore I see far more "believer" books than "skeptic" books. Part of the problem I have with Ufology is the fact that so much money is being made off gullible people and nobody is being held accountable for it.

I have yet to see skeptics hold a conference where they promise "secret and mysterious civilizations" or "proof of secret space programs"...
edit on 1-3-2011 by Turiddu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think there is a secret space program but they shouldn't be trying to make money of this stuff ,should we pay to be told about the globalist and the new world order NO!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Glad this is today, interested in what they've decided to talk about. I don't think it'll be anything huge, but it might have some cool information. If anyone searches and finds anything, thanks if you can let us know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join