It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am bored, what should I do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Argh, I have been trying to get myself into playing some RPGS. Fate, Siege of Avalon, Baldurs Gate. I just dont find them entertaining anymore.
My gpu GeForce 7600 GT fried 2 months ago and since then I have been using intel gma x3100, which is able to run only most #ty games. Even D2 graphically lagged, which is totally ridiculous. At least games above did not.

Could you guys recommend me any games, or something I could spend my time playing? Preferably older rpgs.
Also, is anyone interested in playing older games on hamachi? Coop or something
, just 4 fun. We can go on skype

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sacred or Sacred 2..

Two of my most played RPG
They keep me gaming when every thing else is failing

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Sacred 1 was fun
Sacred 2 could on other hand be fun, unfortunately they made it way too easy. I would not be able to run in on x3100 anyways

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

Get off your butt and do some work
Make some money, go workout and play some real sports instead of video game
if all else fails, find a gf and make love to her like a bunny rabbit

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Get off your butt and do some work
Make some money, go workout and play some real sports instead of video game
if all else fails, find a gf and make love to her like a bunny rabbit

Lol, dude
. Yea, I go to work and I do workout
(for 2 years actually, and naturally). Unfortunately few days ago I overdid it with working out and till this day my right arm hurts. There is not much I can do
(for now).
Aye, if I only was able find a girlfriend
. We have lots, and I mean lots of hotties here in my country. Unfortunately they are mean buitches. I am one of those friendly, kind and loving ones
. They are into outgoing, drinking, and very self-esteemed men, which is not my case.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
hmmmm...

you could read my thread... while thinking about playing Fallout 3 or Final Fantasy 7...
Alien Themes and Music

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Then your challenge is to take the mean hotties, tame them to your liking and form a harem...think about it as a game and a real life challenge instead of a video game challenge. It is amazing there are so many things to do in life yet i have come across so many individuals who are bored and dont know what to do despite all the resources and technology that exists in the world in this day and age

edit on 28-2-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
hmmmm...

you could read my thread... while thinking about playing Fallout 3 or Final Fantasy 7...
Alien Themes and Music

I read it
. I love metal, just not death metal. Lyrics are simply not understandable.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

There is a myth, so i am told, of these small, rectangular things filled with pages of words.

Forget what they're called, though.

In all seriousness, I personally never got into the whole gaming thing. It just never held my interest. Of course, back in the day there were late nights of 007 Goldeneye and Mariocart for N64, but other than that i can't speak for games.

I used to do a lot of woodworking and painting, so you might try that, or take up a hobby such as a musical instrument, all of which are creatively fulfilling.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Could you guys recommend me any games
Preferably older rpgs.

* The Ur-Quan Masters
Freeware port of Star Control 2. Possibly one of the best games of all time.

* Shadowrun for Genesis
ROMS and emulators should be easy to find on google

* Princess Maker 2
No, seriously...play this. It's awesome.

* Epic Battle Fantasy 3
In many ways a generic RPG in flash form, but highly entertaining, full of references, and funny.

edit on 28-2-2011 by LordBucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I feel awkward being in their presence
. It was something totally different when I was in USA this summer, I had confidence, and the question is why? Because I knew I am there only for week and half, and after they, people will simply forget me. But doing something like that in a city where I live whole my life is simply... not that fun. Our city has something like 50 000 ppl. When I do something stupid, people will remember me. So I am watching my every step.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

There is a myth, so i am told, of these small, rectangular things filled with pages of words.

Forget what they're called, though.

In all seriousness, I personally never got into the whole gaming thing. It just never held my interest. Of course, back in the day there were late nights of 007 Goldeneye and Mariocart for N64, but other than that i can't speak for games.

I used to do a lot of woodworking and painting, so you might try that, or take up a hobby such as a musical instrument, all of which are creatively fulfilling.

Yea, I used to read those things. I too dont remember how they are called... books? or something like that.
Nah, but I used to read a lot, in the past. Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Silmarillion, Harry Potter and all those fantasy books
. I just dont find them fun anymore. I am simply booreeeeeed.

Haha
, N64? Never had that console, but I had emulator, on my PSP, unfortunately not very functional. Tried playing Zelda, unfortunately, it did not work very well.

What people find good on Goldeneye btw? People mention it a lot. There is one mod for Half Life 2, quite popular.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
mortal kombat 9 will be awesome... so, if you're bored you can research it and get hyped for its release!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Could you guys recommend me any games
Preferably older rpgs.

* The Ur-Quan Masters
Freeware port of Star Control 2. Possibly one of the best games of all time.

* Shadowrun for Genesis
ROMS and emulators should be easy to find on google

* Princess Maker 2
No, seriously...play this. It's awesome.

* Epic Battle Fantasy 3
In many ways a generic RPG in flash form, but highly entertaining, full of references, and funny.

Checked the games on youtube
. Thanks for list.

Ur-Quan seems like fun. Reminds me of freelancer and spore. Just in worse graphics.
Shadowrun for Genesis reminds me of Albion
. I dont really like sci-fi rpgs, more like classic "medieval" fantasy rpgs.
But I havent understood, what do you do in Princess Maker 2 exactly? I watched video and I couldnt figure it out.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yeah, meeting women is especially hard in the US. It's no longer 'natural' and the whole social system is rigged against men. I'm getting over that and might have to move to a bigger town to find some rich, lonely, moms and their daughters.
It's all about confidence and subliminals are a nice tool.

I love D2, played it for years... Now I can't get into anything game related... Most music doesn't even sound good to me. I must have meditated too much. Our frequency is quickly rising and all kinds of changes in perception are taking place, so these things are normal.

Now, I've turned my life into a RPG... Stocking up on weapons, skills, and survival equipment, exploring, finding myself, my soul... That's fun. I just stumbled upon one of the best workouts out there, 15 minute hell, and do it religiously.

Enjoy it, man... this reality is about to go bye bye. After 2012 everything changes, and you can bet it may get hectic in the next year. Things are about to get taken to a whole new level.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

what do you do in Princess Maker 2 exactly?

It's a tamagotchi/RPG/lifesim hybrid.

The premise is that you're a famous "save the world" kind of hero and one day a Goddess shows up with a ten year old girl and tells you and your demon butler to take care of her. So you...raise a little girl.

A lot of the point of the game is how you choose to raise her. Do you have her sit at home doing housework and learn to cook? Do you give her magic and sword training and send her out adventuring to fights monsters? Do you have her learn manners and raise her social standing in high society? Shall she become a good, upstanding woman of character and morals, or will she become evil?

what do you do

The basic portion of gameplay is setting a weekly schedule for her. Deciding what exactly she'll do: which schools to attend, what kind of work she does, etc. Mechanically, a lot of the game is about developing her numeric stats. As you progress further in there's an adventure mode where you can explore the world, fight monsters, etc.

It's cutesy...but it's very well done. The music is good, the game is well designed, and it has a lot of secrets and subtlety to it. Highly recommended.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yea, I used to read those things. I too dont remember how they are called... books? or something like that. Nah, but I used to read a lot, in the past. Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Silmarillion, Harry Potter and all those fantasy books . I just dont find them fun anymore. I am simply booreeeeeed. Haha , N64? Never had that console, but I had emulator, on my PSP, unfortunately not very functional. Tried playing Zelda, unfortunately, it did not work very well. What people find good on Goldeneye btw? People mention it a lot. There is one mod for Half Life 2, quite popular.

Never tried the emulator, although i do have one for old school Nintendo stuff.

Goldeneye was awesome. The thing that made it so popular, i think, is the ability for 4 people to play together against one another, shooting each other up. That was pretty much it. Simple male competition. Plenty of characters from which to choose, plenty of interesting weaponry, locations, funny SFX, etc. Not to mention it was the (console) model on which most other games like it were based (i think), outside of PC's Wolf3D and Doom and stuff. You can pick up a used N64 pretty cheap, too.

Then, for single players there was the "mission," and moving through the levels, just like any other game.

As far as just being bored, maybe it's simply your life, and who you are? Kind of like the whole American Beauty thing...maybe you need to rediscover yourself or something, instead of simply placating yourself through various media. Just a suggestion, because when you said "I am simply booreeeeeed" that was my initial impression. Not just bored at this moment, but bored in general... I could be wrong, but it's a thought.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Can I have sex with her?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

You are right. I dont like the way I live. I dont feel like I am doing something productive, besides having a job. I feel like I am missing something... important. My life feels incomplete. But atm, I am bored, I would like to do something fun. I just cant find anything :/

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.astralmasters.com

You'll love it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join