It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Themes and Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Aliens and music…

I’m a musician myself… I write-record… play several instruments and sing… Music makes up for about 90% of my passion the other 10% is ATS.

I know quite a few bands out there… although I don’t keep up “new” stuff… or mainstream… but there is only one band I know of that includes Alien related content on their albums…many many times… that band is Hypocrisy…

You can read more on the band here Hypocrisy

They are a melodic death metal band from Sweden… I might be a lil bias when it comes to them… They are my favorite band and I’m friends with their Live session guitarist… me and him talk regularly… never have we talked about aliens… just other chit chat…

Now when Hypocrisy first recorded their demo and their first 2 albums as well as their first EP... their theme was more into Religious subjects...

The Third album was called "The Forth Dimension" which besides the title and title song still carried the religious theme... but it was during/before that album that changed occurred... their vocalist quit... and the founder/guitarist of the band Peter Tägtgren took over the vocals and writing lyrics...

The Song "The Forth Dimension" is about an OBE (Out of Body Experience) in which the person experiencing the OBE was terrified of what they discovered...
you can read the lyrics here The Forth Dimension

Please do so...

Now its directly after that album that the lyrical theme changed 100%!
with album titles such as...

*Maximum Abduction
*Abducted
*The Arrival

They are a few more album titles that dont have alien sounding names... but the lyrical content is still alien based...

But i do believe that some sort of expedience happened to Peter that lead him to write "The Fourth Dimension" and the continuation of the alien theme in his art.

It's interesting that 90% of this bands themes are Alien... I think you should check out this page and browse all their lyrics and maybe even give em a listen... they are metal so some of you won't like that? but even if you don't like metal... you should check out the lyrics...
Hypocrisy Lyrics

I met Peter in the spring of 2010 and he's a cool dude... really nice guy!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is actually quite a few bands that sing about aliens and so on. Muse and Pendulum are two mainstream bands that follow this type of style.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Dude that is some bad ass #! Easily one of my new favorite bands. This is right up my alley.

A lot of the songs i write have alien themes, along with religion, war, corruption in government, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. Do you have any other bands that I could check out?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xM0J0xJ0J0x

As far as Alien related content... i dont know any others...

But other music that I listen to religiously is...
Pain
Type O Negative
Dimmu Borgir
Arch Enemy

just to name a few...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well if you like obscure 80's songs, then you're gonna love this........

If not then I'm sorry.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yeah, I was kind of hoping anyone else would have more music suggestions about aliens. Hypocrisy and Muse are my two favorite, I can't find any other bands that talk about aliens/conspiracies as much. There is a a song I heard on the radio though by some guy called Peter Mayer. Its called "Astronaut Dreams", I dont know if its really supposed to be about aliens, but thats how I interpreted it. I can't find any video for it, but you could probably look it up on Grooveshark or something.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There are many bands that have alien related songs.

Check out this thread i have posted some.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW Hypocrisy are awesome ...and is there any chance that we will hear your music?

top topics

join