It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists And Scientific Freedom Under Attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeDeZo
reply to post by burntheships

If you were to research the long term effects of psychotic drugs you would be denied funding unless you would concentrate on positive aspects and leave negative out.

Yes, and that applies to research of nearly everything these days.

Bad enough that Scientists who conduct independent research can be intimidated, threatened if they publish thier findings. Then to make it worse, funded research will no be granted unless its science for profit.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks for creating a thread on this. I have been saying this kind of thing about modern science and scientists for a long time. But I'm just a crazy old man. You got my S&F&

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Agreed. I live in Australia though so I think things may be a little different here. The religious suppression of reason is not as strong as in the US from what I understand.

I do agree though, education plays a major role and cannot be underestimated. I've been fortunate enough to have a good education which has taught me how to learn above all else. It enables people to think for themselves and critically analyse issues. The ability to recite facts doesn't mean anything if you cannot interpret them fully. It is really sad how certain religious ideologies promote ignorance and taking things at face value.

Learning how to learn is very important!

I can no longer apologise for offending people's religious beliefs these days. 'Think for yourself, question reality' and use data to back it up.
edit on 1-3-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
When a company (Monsanto) identifies the naturally occurring gene in a pig that makes it put on weight fast, isolates it and then applies for a patent on it, you know the world of food production is truly fokked up. If this goes through, every pig breeder in the world will have to pay monsanto a fee for naturally breeding piglets.

Is that the green pig?

Sorry, couldnt resist...

I dont know if this is the same pig?

In a world’s first, scientists claim to have created a new generation of genetically modified pigs which they say are greener and fit for human consumption.

According to its creators, the Enviropigs look, sound and taste like normal pigs, but are designed to be greener — each contains genes from mice and E.coli bacteria which have been inserted into their DNA.

Enviropigs have been designed to produce their own phytase, say the creators.

In tests, Enviropigs were able to absorb more phosphorous from feed. Their wastes had less of the potentially toxic substance and their meat also appears to be identical to cuts from traditional Yorkshire pig.

I just dont think this is a good idea, one of these days this is all going to go wrong, well that is if the Pole Shift does not come first.

www.indianexpress.com

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
folks need to flag and star this thread.
this is VERY important.

There is a war being waged on
biologist. It would seem they have
3 choices

1) Play ball with TPTB and make WMD's

2) Don't play ball and wind up dead

3) Run and fight TPTB (which most wind up dead anyway)

this is NOT a coincidence.

You have a very negative point of view, and no, I do not believe those are the only 3 choices.

Everybody here seems to believe TPTB are unbeatable. That is not true, not in the least. I don't believe so anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Why is there so much BS in establishment science? Follow the money.

I have a degree in "biotech", and had been working in research labs at universities as a technician. There is no scientific freedom, because the funding is controlled. You tow the line or you don't get research grants or published. Getting published and raking in grant $ is the biggest job requirement for any university researcher.

There are free thinking people in the sciences. Many will talk freely at home or over a few beers. But never on the job. And never on paper. Revolutionary advances in science almost never make it past the gatekeepers of the mainstream scientific journals. Free thinkers who are not tenured lose their jobs pretty fast.

Furthermore, situations like Climategate, where data was manipulated and concocted to lend "scientific" creedence to the global warming hoax demonstrates how modern mainstream science has degenerated into intellectual prostitution. You can get research data to say whatever you want - if you pay enough. Monsanto and big pharma know this well.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Science has simply turned into politics on a more technical level....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

I urge you to read Becker & Selden's "The Body Electric", Available on the Interwebs as PDF.

It's a report on a bunch of experiments made on Vietnam War veterans using a relatively simple form of electrotherapy that turned out to be extraordinarily efficient, and more deeply discussing principles of bioelectricity and the US Army having trouble supporting it because of external corporate influences... namely the big pharma industry. Very thought-provoking.

Thank your for the link, very fitting to the thread.

Something to keep in mind as we examine science for profit...
We are the experiment...we are the guinea pigs.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
One has to take it from there, and decide for themself.

Is this science for knowledge, or science for profit.

Can it not be both? Scientific research costs an enormous amount of money to undertake (depending upon the type of study of course). Any company investing such large amounts of money would need to make money somewhere otherwise they would just keep losing it and go bankrupt, then all their research would stop.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MommaDuke

Yes Wheeler's death is without a doubt suspicious.
He was supposedly an expert in chemical & biological warfare

Last seen walking around with one shoe in his hand...

edit on 1-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by America?

The police EMP'd his car

And I forgot about that, the EMP. This video shows that happening.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Discover what we want...or no funds
Teach what we want...or no funds
Grow what we want...or no funds

Im seeing a pattern here

Bill

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This is very das and disturbing, but unfortunately not massively suprising. It really pisses me off that mainstream media ignore all these deaths. On the video showing the victims one of the first ones was shot and his little daughter was shot trying to run away after as well. This is the mentality of the people involved, ruthless, cold blooded killers.

Things like this need to be brought to the public attention. I wish all of us on ATS could invest in our own media outlet, we would probably all be massacred but at least we'd be trying!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sinister is right. I'm trying to think of adjectives descriptive & strong enough to express that kind of evil.

You've made an excellent case, burntheships, and for the first time I'm seeing the microbiologist deaths in a new light. It becomes extremely plausible if not downright probable.

I'm gonna tone down my speech here because if I said what I'm really feeling, it would probably be electronically parsed & noted. That filmmaker obviously got some real talent too.

Thanks to soficrow for pointing this outstanding OP out on another thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Not everyone on that list was murdered. Some of them died of natural causes and in accidents.

You forgot some punctuation. The above quote should read: "natural causes" and in "accidents"

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Let's not forget Steve Quayles site who has been keeping track of mysterious scientist deaths for many, many years:

Dead Scientists

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Thank you, just so you know that link is in my opening post, however its great that you brought
it up, as Steve is one of the few good sources for this subject!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
That being said, you have to remember that the majority of the population are sheep, scientists included. They have no idea...

Though some scientists may be “sheep”, they (the developers/creators) should understand the implications of their own discoveries.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join