It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists And Scientific Freedom Under Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
When a company (Monsanto) identifies the naturally occurring gene in a pig that makes it put on weight fast, isolates it and then applies for a patent on it, you know the world of food production is truly fokked up. If this goes through, every pig breeder in the world will have to pay monsanto a fee for naturally breeding piglets.

what next from the wonderful world of Monsanto??

PEACE,
RK

This is already happening with soy beans. It's estimated that 90% of the soy beans we consume are Monsanto "patented", due to their "RoundUp" immunity. You aren't even permitted to recapture your own seeds to replant. Justice Clarence Thomas was once an attorney for Monsanto and recently he ruled on a case involving Monsanto and the protection of "Intellectual Property" as it applies to GMOs. He refused to recuse himself for conflict of interest. This is a big problem. If that doesn't represent a conflict of interest at our highest court, we can kiss our country goodbye. When the political pandering and back-slapping make it all the way to the Supreme Court, it is just another reason our Constitution is worthless piece of paper. TPTB will do as they please.
edit on 1-3-2011 by General.Lee because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

burntheships... Science has sold out a long time ago, and especially in the US where the whole patenting framework got intertwined with industrial production, and profiteering... all thanks to men like Thomas Edison.

There is nothing really new with it being controlled by bigger, "specific" interests since most of the scientific elite is compromised and programmed into being slaves of corporate interests from the start, or at least their university years. But at least the control isn't tight enough to prevent knowledge to survive out of the system... although it's getting closer to this these days with stuff like Codex Alimentaris...

I urge you to read Becker & Selden's "The Body Electric", Available on the Interwebs as PDF.

It's a report on a bunch of experiments made on Vietnam War veterans using a relatively simple form of electrotherapy that turned out to be extraordinarily efficient, and more deeply discussing principles of bioelectricity and the US Army having trouble supporting it because of external corporate influences... namely the big pharma industry. Very thought-provoking.
edit on 1/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

The scientific field is not under attack but it under occupation like the Iraq war.

That is another good point, thanks for that.

I do think that scientists are targeted, as the ones in the Opening Post.

They get to the truth of the matter, and some big corporation comes along and wipes them out.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
B. Most people wouldn't be able to understand the concepts and scientific jargon even if they had access.

Want to start to fix this? Stop electing people who make it a point to take a giant steaming crap on science education as part of their platform. There's a reason why we have one of the most scientifically illiterate populations among developed nations and why it's only getting worse.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Thank you for your comments, I hope to see the day when mainstream news will
report truthfully without propaganda. Its looking slim to non right now.

reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Yes, his words taken to heart. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I now know why this story has had litttle attention, and most of the articles have been
scrubbed.

Be careful, as I will.

The story behind Genetically Modified foods
The Alternative View

To advance awareness and facilitate discussion of Political, Scientific and Spiritual alternatives without constraint by Consensus Reality and/or Received Wisdom.

Mankind is at a fork in the road. Ahead, potentially, is an Orwellian nightmare, or an opportunity to participate in creating a new beginning for our world.

There is a co-ordinated effort by our world leaders (elected and unelected), with the willing help of a corporate controlled mass media, to use manufactured global crises

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Thank you for your comments.
Yes, the Indian Farmer Suicides are another tragic aspect of this conspiracy to own
all food. Monsanto - No Food Shall Be Grown That We Dont Own
Monsanto Indian Farmer Suicide

INDIAN FARMERS DRIVEN TO SUICIDE!

edit on 1-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A few decades ago, science and other studies were "sacrosanct" - and removed from the "real world" with all its crass considerations like business and profit. Academia and research were concerned with "knowledge for the sake of knowledge."

Then, the arguments were made that people trained in universities weren't prepared for work in the real world, professors weren't realistic, and academic scientific research was pointless because it just ate money with no promise of profit. Too many graduates were questioning the "ethics" of business applications.

So things changed - everyone agreed that "knowledge for the sake of profit" was the way to go, because it was more "realistic." Everyone agreed that science needed to promise a profitable return, or lose funding. So corporations partnered with government to support universities and scientific research, and to silence criticism and dissent.

...The educational system used to work better. True, it was slow and a tad ingrown, but researchers were not allowed to spew poisons into the environment without constraint. If someone went seriously "rogue," they were noticed and reined in.

...Now, it's like we all live in a giant concentration camp - surrounded by Mengele wannabes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Very interesting topic. Was doing some research myself, and seems a informational search here ended, and John Wheeler's name was brought into play. He just may have been beat to death yes, but he sure acted very strangely, day's before. Doubt he did recreational drug's, and he sure had allot of disclosed information about various world communication's, and also worked under the BUSH administration. Just surprised the FBI was not immediate, with a FULL investigation, and left it to local who dads to do it. Honestly cannot' claim how it is twice when looking for this information, I was led to that.

Interesting and just as comparable. Very scary what is left out.

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
A few decades ago, science and other studies were "sacrosanct" - and removed from the "real world" with all its crass considerations like business and profit. Academia and research were concerned with "knowledge for the sake of knowledge."

Sofi,

Thanks for weighing in, and your comments.
Yes, we now have "knowledge for the sake of profit" whether it Genetic research, Climate research,
Pharma research, and Biology research.

In your studies, would you say that there is one area that stands out as being of the utmost threat to
this "Science for Profit"?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

...would you say that there is one area that stands out as being of the utmost threat to this "Science for Profit"?

Unfortunately, no. It's ALL potentially destructive. In the extreme. By fighting against nature, and trying to "control" and "use" natural forces, Western science has created an army of uncontrollable Golems.

...In contrast, ancient Eastern science was concerned with finding the "natural way" - the Tao. ...There is a story about the "Tao of water control" and emperor Yu, the "great engineer." Instead of building high dikes to protect against flooding, Yu dug the river beds deeper.

Interesting concept, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yes, it is very interesting. Sofi, a fantastic analogy!
One method sought to fix the problem, the other only to "remedy" the problem.

Reminds me much of modern "medicine".
And it seems that with Big Pharma, the side effects can be just as bad as the original heath issue.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Can't wait to see the full documentary. I have a hunch that Monsanto is the spiritual successor to "the final solution"...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

And it seems that with Big Pharma, the side effects can be just as bad as the original heath issue.

On that topic...

Following Pauling's discovery in 1950 of the actin protein's "a" and "b" configurations and the discovery of some "protein folding" effects - Big Pharma very quietly pursued the science of "Proteinology." For decades, all the molecular movers-and-shakers in drug development were "Proteinologists" and all the best drugs "targeted" proteins - usually with a differently folded alternative.

Big ooops. Turns out misfolded proteins can be infectious (prions) - and can be passed on, inherited and alter DNA to boot. We'll NEVER sort out all the evolutionary effects of that little misstep.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am absolutely dumbfounded that no-one has mentioned the similarity to the old Marconi/BAE scientists dying conspiracy. There are even references to mainstream media like AP, The Guardian... even Hustler covered it!

This is what I thought of immediately after reading the OP.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by amcdermott20

How curious is that? When I performed several searches on "dead scientists" and
"scientists deaths" nothing on the first page of google lead to Wikipedia.

From your links...

The GEC-Marconi scientist deaths conspiracy theory states that between 1982 and 1990 twenty-five British-based GEC-Marconi scientists and engineers who worked on the Sting Ray torpedo project, and other US Strategic Defense Initiative related projects (better known as Star Wars) died under mysterious circumstances. Police investigations found the deaths to be unconnected and lacking evidence of foul play

en.wikipedia.org...

But what I find really curious is the list of references at the bottom of the Wikipage all lead back to a Wikipage on only the publications themselves....and not the actual articles, as most Wiki pages do.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Big ooops. Turns out misfolded proteins can be infectious (prions) - and can be passed on, inherited and alter DNA to boot. We'll NEVER sort out all the evolutionary effects of that little misstep.

Ah yes, and you have covered that before...thats how we have the virus inside of the chickens eggs...
Yummy breakfast indeed. Thank you again Sofi, your input is much appreciated!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by America?

I forgot about that. The police EMP'd his car and then started shooting tear gas into it. And as you have said and another poster has it was around the time he said that an outbreak would happen in Ukraine if i'm correct and it did. Next thing you know this guys being rounded up.

You know, I remember back when that happened that I was on a website (not ATS) where someone had gone to the L.A. County Jail's website and copied and posted the record of Joe Moshe's custody status. I remember seeing a reference in those records to the fact that Moshe had been taken to Patton State Hospital, which is a mental institution. It seemed like no one on the website seemed to catch that because they didn't even bring it up, at least they hadn't at the time I was viewing it. Who knows what happened to him though. People kept saying he was sent back to Israel, but I don't ever remember seeing or hearing any proof that this was the case.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightmere
I am surprised no one has mentioned anything about all the scientists who have been kidnapped over the last few years. I did a quick google search and there are pages and pages of it. A few years ago I heard of I think it as 9 scientist being kinapped

Very interesting as well.

Ahah! Found an a few actual articles with that search!

www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org...

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Science that is used to gain knowledge is, I think the key to understanding this dilemma.
As opposed to science that is used for profit.

I have not attempted to paint any scientist in a bad light here, nor discredit any scientist in receipt of grant money, or funding.

My opening post is focused on Scientists Under Attack, and the documentary in which several scientists
share how their carreers were destroyed, funding cut off after they dared to expose the insidious dangers
of genetically modified foods.

One has to take it from there, and decide for themself.

Is this science for knowledge, or science for profit.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A very sad story.This is happening through out the world.Anyone who speaks contrary to the elite global establishment is a terrorist and threat and cannot be allowed to speak,and if you go against the grain you might end up dead.Sounds like the nazis' to me with just another face.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join